IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Well here's that part 2 I promised of the last post.  More Genesis goodies, and 2 more fantastic game music CDs.  The NP one is a real gem with some awesome SNES scores on it from games like Super Metroid, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island and more, the other is an excellent Zelda music history from the FDS original title up through Four Swords on Gamecube which basically largely rounds out the SNES Link to the Past soundtrack. 😄

The other, I broke my largely local only rule when my friend tipped me off to (a local to him) set of games online at better than going rate values.  I browsed through, missed one, but nabbed these all in really great shape for $130, which isn't bad since the complete one goes for $100 of that alone. 😄  I've only emulated Valis III briefly maybe 20 years ago, the other two are new(ish, as I've played SNES Ys 3 before) to me.  Landstalker looks interesting.

By the way those plastic thin cases, my mind has slipped, what are those called again exactly?  Kind of tempted to look into the prices/sizes on those.

gen-nes-jpcds2.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brickman said:

Amazing work. Would love to see a thread on your journey and highlighting some of your favourites, plus some eye candy haha.

Thanks! It's been a fun journey. I started in May 2020 and managed to get some lots for great prices at the beginning.

2 hours ago, JVOSS said:

I would to as he was very quiet on this set.  and the first to have a full set that i'm aware of. 

I've been posting every game that I pick up since 2020 hahaha

I think @Craigly1234also has the 3DS fullset. 

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The NP one is a real gem with some awesome SNES scores on it from games like Super Metroid, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island and more, the other is an excellent Zelda music history from the FDS original title up through Four Swords on Gamecube which basically largely rounds out the SNES Link to the Past soundtrack. 😄

gen-nes-jpcds2.JPG

oh my gosh those CDs! I need that NP one... another target for my hunts 🙂

4 hours ago, Galdius said:

Thanks! It's been a fun journey. I started in May 2020 and managed to get some lots for great prices at the beginning.

I've been posting every game that I pick up since 2020 hahaha

I think @Craigly1234also has the 3DS fullset. 

lol i know just poking the bear and giving the mad props on this set.  🙂🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

oh my gosh those CDs! I need that NP one... another target for my hunts 🙂

I think avatar may have you covered, but it's one of the cheaper ones which surprised me.  I've got like 10 game soundtracks at the moment, looking to add a few more and recover one.

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

Well, I'll trade you my copy then 🙂

I'm selling off most of my video game soundtracks

Can you fire me that list off too, cash ready if you have one on my list I'm looking for (or one to recover.)

A couple of games came out this week, and a couple more showed up in the mail!

I'm still working on Mole Mania and Wild Arms from my Backlog Challenge list (hopefully this will be the weekend!), but I want to try and make room for some Kirby at least (although I reeeaaaallly want to play Eastward). I suspect - and if I'm honest with myself - that Rune Factory 5 will end up on my backlog challenge list some years down the road...I still need to play more of the other ones *cough*.

fmywBa9BTQ6xToZ8A9AW6Q.jpg.385178828271f2bf4ea703731423416c.jpg 

***Taking this photo made me realize just how many Switch games I haven't gotten to yet, pretty embarrassing to be honest :I***

I've been waiting to get my Eastward order shipped for months, so it's been a long time coming. The game looks so unbelievably charming, I will find the time to sneak this into my schedule.

And then, there was the Triangle Strategy - Tactician's Limited Edition. I was so incensed that this version was billed as a European exclusive edition that I said, "Not this time, I'm going out of my way to get this from the UK". My love for good strategy games is only paralleled by my love of puzzle games, so I bit the bullet and paid up for this with Amazon UK. I always regret not getting the European exclusive special version of Link's Awakening and I didn't want to feel that way this time.

xUArPCOmQ4OKwzllwbAZ5Q.jpg.0e76ed4e5bb673756c3a4fd0d351559a.jpg

That's it for this week and likely for the next little while. I hope everyone has an awesome and relaxing weekend!

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Taking this photo made me realize just how many Switch games I haven't gotten to yet, pretty embarrassing to be honest :I***

I should get Triangle Strategy.  Or maybe I should play my copy of Octopath first.  But I haven't even played Bravely Default yet.  Or Bravely Second.  Or Bravely Default II.  And Live-a-Live is coming out.  Shit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

This weeks GW - Ebay pickup for  NANDS Set. now at 764 of the 1778
MYST v1 was the ebay while GW game the a few game lik FF/HK and WZ with Merch.

Zhu was a pickup local.  it was a Sealed game but the side was open and i looked inside. just a sleeve for the game, manual and batters???  is there some packaging missing or is it just floating around in the box?

been looking to upgrade the FF3 so that was a nice gw bundle.

20220325_211146.jpg.2e3a75b90447ebe41344254d53dd9533.jpg

• Like 6

Managed to get a nice lot from a local collector that decided to sell his entire collection.

Japanese Mega Drive games:
NzH1443h.jpg

PC Engine games:
XSWCvZCh.jpg

PS1, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 games:
JbwNSv0h.jpg firWl84h.jpg 

CUC6uwal.jpg 6ZzpRuql.jpg LgZ94a6l.jpg BPGLEFCl.jpg 

A sealed 3DS and the KOF GBA:
N2eTh3Kh.jpg

Fc0Xxsdl.jpg

Gamecube games:
WW2z8u6h.jpg

NES, Famicom, Mega Drive, N64 and GBA games.
The GBA games are sealed.
IAchdB1h.jpg

CIB SNES games:
DEDlCNKh.jpg

CIB Super Famicom games:
WXuo8mWh.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 7
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Galdius said:

Managed to get a nice lot from a local collector that decided to sell his entire collection.

Japanese Mega Drive games:
NzH1443h.jpg

nice!  if you are looking for a challenge, undead line is definitely one of the hardest sega/mega drive shmups.  i put in a decent effort several years ago and could only 1cc it on the easy setting.  default settings tore me up.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1