IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Picked up the Egret II Mini. The rotating screen is badass! Also, the Vaus-type controller comes with an SD card loaded with additional games that make use of its unique functions. It goes perfectly with my Sega Astro City Mini on my bar counter top. At some point I'm planning to get some long HDMI cables run up to the TV that's mounted over the bar area. Should make for a pretty sweet little retro drinking/gaming area. Click through the spoiler tag for more pics and vids of the rotating screen.

150Y89f.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wyansas said:

Fortune smiles upon me, got another one 😇😇.  The top label's a bit ugly, but they can't all be beautiful.  Another one down!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254707641346

Date code is 0CB KA on the PRG, and according to bootgod, that means 2nd week of March, 1990, I think.

20220318_151056.jpg.b31f98b755c068bfb429568029c02a13.jpg

WHHHHAAAAAAT!?!?

• Haha 1

This week was like mana.  it just kept going.  and going.  from GW to EB.  here is the rundown.

New to the NANDS SET...

20220318_170403.thumb.jpg.90b9c177c002f3c6f527491b82c14513.jpg

New to Gameboy World set. ESP double sticker in the GB ESP sets that are know to be double stickered. 20220318_170520.thumb.jpg.139d0e9325a85a9e32ff02cd84e86015.jpg

Pickup some 3DS games and a 2ds (yep still don't like this DS)

20220318_171029.jpg.a7cddb62aae2ac94c2b4b73122a68626.jpg20220318_170913.jpg.5d8156d6eb7481fd211a5c08a64904ac.jpg20220318_170927.thumb.jpg.711cb555929260d3340a801e7844b6b3.jpg20220318_170936.jpg.1ca954d165128fd93eea3c519ce3a7db.jpg

And this GG. Never owned own. now time to see how it works. 

20220318_170659.thumb.jpg.7a096347a4842d499eb4a2c471eb1dfc.jpg

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

Same story, people i bought this TV from were really happy 😁

It's really big and heavy. And this is probably biggest CRT TV i could find locally.

Does it have a component input? I had a 36 in I recently got rid of that had component in. It probably weighed almost 200 lbs lol. The picture ended up getting a little wavy so I had to take her to the dump. 

I think if I ever did go for another CRT I wouldn't go with the flat screen so I could still play light gun games. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Does it have a component input? I had a 36 in I recently got rid of that had component in. It probably weighed almost 200 lbs lol. The picture ended up getting a little wavy so I had to take her to the dump. 

I think if I ever did go for another CRT I wouldn't go with the flat screen so I could still play light gun games. 

I'd want a curved crt, too, at that size. I've not played Duck Hunt in a good long while. 

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Does it have a component input? I had a 36 in I recently got rid of that had component in. It probably weighed almost 200 lbs lol.

Yes, it have 1 component input, 1 RGB SCART and 2 composite/S-Video SCARTs.

Weight is the same - 200 lbs, and i placed it on third floor - that was not easy 😁

59 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd want a curved crt, too, at that size. I've not played Duck Hunt in a good long while. 

Me too! I don't know about curved CRT of same size. 32 inch probably the largest.

I have Sony PVM - it probably works with the light gun, but it's only 20 inch.

Edited by ViKiNg

@Matchbook Not bad, quite a bit of nice paper indeed, even some EGM to wipe with. 😉

Also very impressed there with @JVOSS with that Game Gear case, don't see that one often, usually the puffy zip nylon ones and some decent games.  Working or not, time to buckle down and decide... LED for CFL replacement?  Whole new screen which would sip the least juice with the best visuals...and obviously full cap replacement too as Sega used utterly shit parts in their game gears sadly.  Those are some nice GB titles too, don't often see that.  I think you're part of a facebook GB group looks familiar.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

And well...I decided to make the once every couple months westward trip to the great escape, and checked out the usually (basically always) ripoffish book and music which I kind of wish would just fail at this rate. (I know not nice.)

But well, I popped more than I usually in a day but it was worth it.  The ripoff shop actually had Marvel Land there with the manual and also Bubble Bobble too, neither were largely a deal, more or less a break even minus your online shipping charges so a little off (50+20.)

The win, the big win was great escape, and wow if I still bought transformers (g1) I could have gone broke as they had half a dozen power masters complete, kind of happy I don't as they were sub-online and plentiful.  What they did have blew me away in the glass case, these other two genny gems... Streets of Rage 2 for $13, and TROUBLE SHOOTER for $61 (sells for $120 online) so that was a jackpot!  Wonder Boy was sent to me by a friend, included it since it arrived yesterday.

The nomad in the image I've had, but I also got those 2 CDs in the mail, found them for off the usual, brand new too, Famicom Sound History Mario the Music, and then YS Book 1+2 Chronicles soundtrack.  The FC one obviously an import, has all 4 SMBs from FC+FDS, Mario Bros, and the soundtrack to Dr Mario and Yoshis Cookie on there which is amazing.  Ys is just ear candy, if you know, you know.

I've got a few more coming in the mail soon plus a few other nice things, rare, since I stopped largely buying online, so I'll have another post to follow sooner or later.

gen-nes-jpcds.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 10

I've been VERY excited for today as the last month and a half of things I had sent to my US box arrived here on the island!

So, I'm not an N64 guy, but I have a handful of games that I enjoy, and as I get closer to rounding out my overall collection, I'm looking back at the various libraries and asking myself if there's anything else. I've often heard that Diddy Kong Racing is a wonderful game, so I did a little research and decided to hunt down a nice copy. I got a really great deal for it not having the manual (but had all the other inserts, even the cartridge baggy 0_o), and the manual I got for $7.

XUAQRhjSRjSTtTDBNcpKyQ.jpg.2274a0e207f610eae82ae928f45aa4c6.jpg

My Game Boy odyssey continues with a couple of titles I've been eagerly awaiting to arrive. As ever, I love my puzzle games, so I'm looking forward to digging into Megalit. Double Dribble: 5 on 5 will scratch that basketball itch on a handheld, so I'll likely be going back to this time and again. The nice thing about these two is that I got them from a UK retailer selling a bunch of North American games who gave me an amazing deal for buying both, and both are fully complete except the precautions manual and tray were missing from Megalit which I have extras of (for just such an event). 

2qCeYGTtQ1iOuz9eeST1-w.jpg.b147162396322d92e47716a91b52e347.jpg

I love basketball, and I watched throughout the week back in the 90's...there was even a time when I was actively trying to make it to the NBA. I recently thought to myself while watching a video online, "Why did I never buy Double Dribble?" and promptly got a nice copy for cheap; I love that you can still get a proper CIB of this game for cheap.

And then, Lone Ranger. I was watching the Gaming Historian - Light Guns video and saw this. I was blown away by how great this game looks, and the mix of gameplay types within the game made me think of 'Red Dead long before Red Dead'. Doing research on the game only made me more excited to play this one, that - I can only surmise - didn't sell well and is largely unknown because of when it released. I can only imagine that in August of '91, how was your game really going to fare when going up against the SNES launch? In any case, this copy has everything and is in beautiful condition (and boy, do I love that box art!).

OOL7XxTmShC7yMZy6juKYQ.jpg.c2adaef972ac9da3155e2a33a90123ac.jpg

Finally, the owners of a comic book shop who had 26 Nintendo push trays (the type with the backing hooks) worked with me on a great price for the lot. I'm planning on putting together a Game Boy wall with black wire backing in order to face every game. With this batch of trays, I'm about halfway there, so the hunt continues for more trays. I can't wait until I can put this idea together, I think it's going to look so cool!

2ZV1VwfbQZCbM2JL1qOPKA.thumb.jpg.234a7c9c2b03dc8996c17eb49e528836.jpg

Thanks for taking a look everyone and good luck with the finds!

• Like 13
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 2

Added more to the GC collection. Think I might go for a full set for this library because there's only 280 games.

Got some commons for cheap. Averaged out to be about $18 each.

874443994_ScreenShot2022-03-22at5_51_17pm.thumb.png.ea9da72f3432af13d0ad48da389b2f2a.png

I also got a great deal on Frogger and RoboCop which are a bit hard to find at a good price. Picked them up for $40 each which is way cheaper than the crazy ebay prices.

774322962_ScreenShot2022-03-22at5_51_49pm.png.0d3e13176b9ae0289fe6e5831aa4ea60.png

• Like 12

@BrickmanNice price on robocop! Such a strange distribution, Japan got it for GameCube and PS2. The U.S. got it on Xbox.. just Xbox haha. Europe had it for Xbox, PS2 and a German PC release?

Edit: also if you going down the jpn cube route, that outer cardboard is fragile. I really like the box protectors out there: https://www.retroprotection.com/Japanese-Gamecube_c169.htm

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 11:16 PM, Tanooki said:

And well...I decided to make the once every couple months westward trip to the great escape, and checked out the usually (basically always) ripoffish book and music which I kind of wish would just fail at this rate. (I know not nice.)

But well, I popped more than I usually in a day but it was worth it.  The ripoff shop actually had Marvel Land there with the manual and also Bubble Bobble too, neither were largely a deal, more or less a break even minus your online shipping charges so a little off (50+20.)

The win, the big win was great escape, and wow if I still bought transformers (g1) I could have gone broke as they had half a dozen power masters complete, kind of happy I don't as they were sub-online and plentiful.  What they did have blew me away in the glass case, these other two genny gems... Streets of Rage 2 for $13, and TROUBLE SHOOTER for $61 (sells for $120 online) so that was a jackpot!  Wonder Boy was sent to me by a friend, included it since it arrived yesterday.

The nomad in the image I've had, but I also got those 2 CDs in the mail, found them for off the usual, brand new too, Famicom Sound History Mario the Music, and then YS Book 1+2 Chronicles soundtrack.  The FC one obviously an import, has all 4 SMBs from FC+FDS, Mario Bros, and the soundtrack to Dr Mario and Yoshis Cookie on there which is amazing.  Ys is just ear candy, if you know, you know.

I've got a few more coming in the mail soon plus a few other nice things, rare, since I stopped largely buying online, so I'll have another post to follow sooner or later.

gen-nes-jpcds.JPG

Was this the one in BG? Damn they never have anything when I go

42 minutes ago, Strange said:

Was this the one in BG? Damn they never have anything when I go

BG?  Both stores are on bardstown rd about a mile apart.  BME is garbage though I honestly was surprised, at least this of the two locations.  They are all about ripping people off pretty hard so to see a fair price on BB and Marvel Land was a surprise.  Generous to them for the last 4-5 years has been moderate-upper paid ebay with the custom being something to either laugh at or get pissed off over.  Great Escape though always has good prices on stuff, games, vintage toys, books, comics etc so I'm glad they're easier to get to and check as it's worth it, the other isn't.  The other BME way out of the way off preston tends to have more stuff, better stuff, and less awful prices which means values are subjective by the pricer.

5 hours ago, drxandy said:

@BrickmanNice price on robocop! Such a strange distribution, Japan got it for GameCube and PS2. The U.S. got it on Xbox.. just Xbox haha. Europe had it for Xbox, PS2 and a German PC release?

Edit: also if you going down the jpn cube route, that outer cardboard is fragile. I really like the box protectors out there: https://www.retroprotection.com/Japanese-Gamecube_c169.htm

That’s interesting about Robocop, didn’t realise it had such a varied release.

Good idea about the box protectors. Looks like that website doesn’t ship internationally through 😞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

BG?  Both stores are on bardstown rd about a mile apart.  BME is garbage though I honestly was surprised, at least this of the two locations.  They are all about ripping people off pretty hard so to see a fair price on BB and Marvel Land was a surprise.  Generous to them for the last 4-5 years has been moderate-upper paid ebay with the custom being something to either laugh at or get pissed off over.  Great Escape though always has good prices on stuff, games, vintage toys, books, comics etc so I'm glad they're easier to get to and check as it's worth it, the other isn't.  The other BME way out of the way off preston tends to have more stuff, better stuff, and less awful prices which means values are subjective by the pricer.

I was thinking about Great Escape in Bowling Green, KY. I thought I remembered you saying you’re around that area

12 hours ago, drxandy said:

I really should buy one of those for my Japanese copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

zeldatpgc.jpg.3bd492c74361442a8147d9eb25877aac.jpg

• Like 8