IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

52 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Sure shed tears for purple mega man but not our boy Stadium Events lol

If he really felt bad, then he should be cheaper than 1k 😂😂

Add “passing up on purple border variant for 80$ 10 years ago” to my collecting bad-beat list

Edited by MrWunderful

On 1/19/2023 at 12:09 PM, DK said:

@Ferris Bueller has a CIB if you're looking for some flap pics (Which I'd like to see too)

Meh, I quit sharing. People telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, saying my shit's fake, or it doesn't count until it does. Then there's the possibility all I'm doing is helping someone else make money like with NA. I've gone underground with the moles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 3

On 1/19/2023 at 7:46 PM, phart010 said:

My theory is that they were all shipped to Playtronic sealed and then Playtronic repackaged them. This would mean they opened them up, discarded the US box/manual, restickered the front and back of the cart with Playtronic labels and repackaged it in a Playtronic version box.

I know for fact that Nortec in Cyprus/Greece opened games, inserted Greek language manuals, and resealed the games. It wouldn’t be out of the question for Playtronic to repackage games for their region, especially since this could potentially qualify as a “manufacturing” if they are disassembling and reassembling the carts which would reduce high Brazilian import taxes.

Check out this MM6 from Brazil has gold rear sticker with a paper Playtronic sticker on top of it. MM6 was not a gold sticker game (gold sticker was reserved for battery backup games with save functionality) so it’s likely that cart backs were disassembled, restickered and the restickered backs were thrown into a parts bin and randomly pulled for pretty much any game distributed by Playtronic.

774628C4-8221-4E72-B0F1-E9FACF163076.thumb.jpeg.2c85b379916e21e277009a6e09e9e13d.jpeg

Ive always said if they WERE printed in the US as a legitamate release, there would be more than what, 5?  Occams razor here.  Capcom said the were not releasing the game in the US the NES were basically obsolete at the time, im sure because they didn't think it would sell will (Although odd it got a FC release, maybe cuz it was still in development in 93).  Nintendo stepped in of course and said "Oh no you're not" and printed it themselves.  Which is why in the US its a Nintendo release.  But since Chile uses NTSC and other parts of South America still use NSTC like consoles, they released it there, since they didn't have to do much to change it from the FC (NTSC) release.  So Capcom released it in SA in the same art style as their other releases.  I think of it as the "USA" on the label, means more "NTSC" than region.

2 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Meh, I quit sharing. People telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, saying my shit's fake, or it doesn't count until it does. Then there's the possibility all I'm doing is helping someone else make money like with NA. I've gone underground with the moles.

😮

😞

But...I wanna see it! Although, I know exactly how you feel.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, DK said:

I find it hard to believe that there are 4 Purple Capcom MM6 CIBs that have been graded when (as far as I know) there are ZERO known CIB copies.

Several loose carts, something like 3-5 manuals and one sealed copy is all that has surfaced.

Anyone ever seen a CIB? If these exist surely someone has shared a pic somewhere.

Capcom Mega Man 6 exists CIB.  Whether or not it was "released," and where, is a matter of speculation.  This copy is not mine, just a random pic from the interwebs:

Mega Man 6 non -1.png

• Love 1

The only country that had control over the box art and labels in the Americas was Gradiente (and its subsidiary Playtronic), Brasil. It's been seen on plenty of games. 

The rarest I've seen besides that, are unreleased games in Mexico, and different seals with even extra translated booklets, but never a different art box, that happened only in Brazil. (Besides the polemic Venezuelan counterfeit Nes releases)

Since they started (Brazil) they've been a bit too much rogue on their own and had full control on their boxes and labels, even after Nintendo approved them as official distributors (they started counterfeiting Nes games and reverse engineering the system). It's not Ntsc per se though, those were Pal M engineered. But if I had to bet, that would be the only one place where they did that. Brazil. Evidently those games were also sold in other places like Argentina and countries near them.

Edited by Kazuya

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Capcom Mega Man 6 exists CIB.  Whether or not it was "released," and where, is a matter of speculation.  This copy is not mine, just a random pic from the interwebs:

Mega Man 6 non -1.png

That's a picture of the only known sealed copy. 

I agree that somewhere, someone has a CIB copy. I just find it odd that nobody has ever taken a picture of one and shared it online in some way - especially if there are 4 graded CIBs out there. Nobody has even claimed to know someone who has one which is what makes that pop report fishy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kazuya said:

The only country that had control over the box art and labels in the Americas was Gradiente (and its subsidiary Playtronic), Brasil. It's been seen on plenty of games. 

The rarest I've seen besides that, are unreleased games in Mexico, and different seals with even extra translated booklets, but never a different art box, that happened only in Brazil. (Besides the polemic Venezuelan counterfeit Nes releases)

Since they started (Brazil) they've been a bit too much rogue on their own and had full control on their boxes and labels, even after Nintendo approved them as official distributors (they started counterfeiting Nes games and reverse engineering the system). It's not Ntsc per se though, those were Pal M engineered. But if I had to bet, that would be the only one place where they did that. Brazil. Evidently those games were also sold in other places like Argentina.

Chile too, which is why they got a bunch of the late release games that didn't sell or were produced that heavily here.  The US was already a couple of years into the SNES and I dont think the SNES came out there till like 94.  Could be wrong but you get the picture.

On 1/26/2023 at 5:40 AM, DK said:

That's a picture of the only known sealed copy. 

I agree that somewhere, someone has a CIB copy. I just find it odd that nobody has ever taken a picture of one and shared it online in some way - especially if there are 4 graded CIBs out there. Nobody has even claimed to know someone who has one which is what makes that pop report fishy.

I've been in contact with the clods at Wata trying to actually confirm if those supposed 4 were actually the capcom purple border. They literally thought I was talking about sealed and said for me to check auction houses. Thanks shit head.

23 hours ago, Nesmaster said:

I saw at least one CIB (Capcom, non-Playtronic) on mercado livre, because I tried to buy it but couldn't figure it out.

This was some years ago, before it became "hot shit". Still don't have one, and won't pay what they bring now.

There’s a secret to buying stuff on there 😉

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Are there (3) Athletic world variants?

5 screw

3 screw “family fun fitness” title (round seal)?

3 screw no seal

There is a guy on Facebook claiming he has seen a 'Series 1' 3 screw - but without pics or any other sort of corroboration I'm going to say it ain't true.