IGNORED

VGS rare variant/error thread Nintendo edition

Hybrid

6 minutes ago, NESCollector15 said:

Mine is missing the back label but it doesn’t look like someone removed it.

45FD6345-D038-4698-9413-EDD9F514D6B1.jpeg

218DD1EF-6D5A-4EC6-921B-CB93C77357A4.jpeg

That label can be removed and the place cleaned easily but yes it looks like yours perhaps didn't have it. Are we the only ones with this variant? It looks extremely clean yours though.  Nice, but I'm pretty confident mine is not a refurb though

received_759351088956953.jpeg

received_559736252797394.jpeg

Edited by Kazuya
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

That label can be removed and the place cleaned easily but yes it looks like yours perhaps didn't have it. Are we the only ones with this variant? It looks extremely clean yours though.  Nice, but I'm pretty confident mine is not a refurb though

received_759351088956953.jpeg

received_559736252797394.jpeg

I'd bet more yours is not, since label is intact and REV-A.

But the other one was most likely sent in for repair somewhere along the line. Konami did their own fixes and there are plenty of label-less back 5 screw variants for Konami/ultra.

Anyways, that problem is more of a screw variant thing vs oval/circle seal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I'd bet more yours is not, since label is intact and REV-A.

But the other one was most likely sent in for repair somewhere along the line. Konami did their own fixes and there are plenty of label-less back 5 screw variants for Konami/ultra.

Anyways, that problem is more of a screw variant thing vs oval/circle seal.

Here’s the board on mine you can tell where it’s been repaired.

36CD5909-74A9-4F4E-AAAE-1EF3B72D69CF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've never come across one of these so I thought it was kinda neat. 😎👍

I basically just pulled this CIB game out to try to "bundle up" a few other things. I like the artwork and it was a game I got as a child, so I wanted it CIB. Didn't even work to get the price down but once I saw the label was flipped on the cartridge I had to buy it. 

Thoughts? 

It seems like the owner kept the box in pretty good shape, so I think it would make sense this all being together. At one point tried to peel back the label a bit to try to flip it themselves. Seemed like they gave up and left it as is though. 

The label doesn't seem super glossy, but it is Made in Mexico. The box isn't super bright either, but again.... printed in Mexico.

image.jpeg.0667fd50bce897a04606d3f7a60db01c.jpeg

image.jpeg.a00cfd0cbb40f8e35567d07f5d3e34d4.jpeg

image.jpeg.f64d3dafea9c88e5e84d6eca0d8e64ac.jpeg

Again, just thought it was kinda neat because I hadn't come across any flipped labels in person before. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 3:49 AM, Hybrid said:

SNES Errors/Misprints

Please look at my Aladdin and let me know your professional opinion. 😆

Haha... I'm pretty curious and some actual feedback would be nice. 

It looks as though the person who bought it (OG owner was somewhat particular because they kept the box/manual) tried to lift the label themselves, but gave up after a while... 

I would think that if a person tried to lift the label and flip it themselves, it would be MUCH more noticeable than just the corner lifting a bit?  🤔

I can get some more pictures if you want, or of the back... Thanks. 🫠

Yes it's legit the label shows the common misalignment of the gold and red beneath it. Found on the Mexican reprint this example is more extreme than yours.spacer.png

As for the label and box glossiness that is standard for the snes reprints.

The label lift in the corner is sadly pretty common with upside down labels.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, Hybrid said:

Yes it's legit the label shows the common misalignment of the gold and red beneath it. Found on the Mexican reprint this example is more extreme than yours.spacer.png

As for the label and box glossiness that is standard for the snes reprints.

The label lift in the corner is sadly pretty common with upside down labels.

Church Yas GIF

Thank you for your help. Sorry I missed it earlier, but unless I get a notification I usually forgot to check stuff regularly. Saw another thread that reminded me of this one. 

Much appreciated!! All information I did not know. 

As for the corner lift, it's pretty funny how it's common for people to be like "What's this upside down label???... Let me just try to peel it... okay, no, fuck that." and stop, haha. 😆

19 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Church Yas GIF

Thank you for your help. Sorry I missed it earlier, but unless I get a notification I usually forgot to check stuff regularly. Saw another thread that reminded me of this one. 

Much appreciated!! All information I did not know. 

As for the corner lift, it's pretty funny how it's common for people to be like "What's this upside down label???... Let me just try to peel it... okay, no, fuck that." and stop, haha. 😆

No problem at all glad i could help 

• Love 1

On 8/8/2023 at 8:14 AM, Hybrid said:

No problem at all glad i could help 

Your input/helpfulness is the reason why this place is great. 🙏

Now I am thinking about how to display it.... Haha.... On one hand seeing the upside down label is eye catching, but I have little frames for a few SNES games so maybe having the CART upside down would be neat...  😆