IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2023**

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

@docile tapeworm is mathematically the Shooter champion of 2023. He needs to just finish 5th place in order to secure the win.
If he finishes lower than 5th and Gloves wins, Gloves will be the champion for having 2 wins, 2nd place and a 4th place against 2 wins, a 2nd place and a 6th place.

His path to the championship is pretty clear.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

@docile tapeworm is mathematically the Shooter champion of 2023. He needs to just finish 5th place in order to secure the win.
If he finishes lower than 5th and Gloves wins, Gloves will be the champion for having 2 wins, 2nd place and a 4th place against 2 wins, a 2nd place and a 6th place.

His path to the championship is pretty clear.

Baring anything extreme…. I feel pretty confident 

Events Team · Posted

Geral and genre scoreboards updated.
We are heading towards the final part of the 2023 season with some close fights for a genre championship.

Puzzle has @Gloves with 20 points and @mbd39 and @Dr. Morbis tied in 2nd with 19 points.
Shooter @Gloves needs a miracle to beat @docile tapeworm
Beat'em Up has @Bearcat-Doug leading over @PIIby 8 points
Arcade has a really close competition with @Gloves leading with 15 points, @Bearcat-Doug in 2nd with 13 points, @PII in 3rd with 12, @Richardhead in 4th with 11, @Red coming out of nowhere with a win at pinball with 10 points in 5th and tied for 6th, we have @mbd39and @Dr. Morbis with 9 points. All of these have a chance at the title.
Sports sees @Richardheadleading with 20 points, @Bearcat-Dougin 2nd with 18 points and @Dr. Morbis with 16 points.

Arcade is still open as the game of this part of the season is still on going.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oh yeah I gave up on the shooter title once moving coincided with 1943, it was clearly not happening from that point.

So I’m just gonna be honest (disclaimer 😂 I love you) you still could have forced a tie. I wiffed legendary wings missing the 4th “lucky” and I know you’re damn good at guardian legend. It could have been an epic battle the last week with the title still up for grabs. 

I mean I’ll take the crown any way it comes though 🪱

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

So I’m just gonna be honest (disclaimer 😂 I love you) you still could have forced a tie. I wiffed legendary wings missing the 4th “lucky” and I know you’re damn good at guardian legend. It could have been an epic battle the last week with the title still up for grabs. 

I mean I’ll take the crown any way it comes though 🪱

I legit only had time for a handful of runs at Legendary Wings, and zero time to do any research, so I just popped it in and did a couple runs from memory. Not even making excuses, owning a house has been a lot more work than I anticipated and Legendary Wings takes like 50-60 minutes to do a run so my ability to participate was slightly hindered. 

Not that I wanna take away from your inevitable win. You're great at shooters and I wish I had the time to duke it out, maybe next year as I'll be way more settled in.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Gloves said:

I legit only had time for a handful of runs at Legendary Wings, and zero time to do any research, so I just popped it in and did a couple runs from memory. Not even making excuses, owning a house has been a lot more work than I anticipated and Legendary Wings takes like 50-60 minutes to do a run so my ability to participate was slightly hindered. 

Not that I wanna take away from your inevitable win. You're great at shooters and I wish I had the time to duke it out, maybe next year as I'll be way more settled in.

Yeah, that was my bad that Legendary Wings took so damn long to get a run. I will do better with shooters next season and with Guardian Legends.
Fast runs tend to be better for our current crowd.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

Yeah, that was my bad that Legendary Wings took so damn long to get a run. I will do better with shooters next season and with Guardian Legends.

These things happen, it's an ever-evolving beast and you guys do a great job of it, so no worries! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, G-type said:

Tiny toons is a very well made game but nothing particularly exciting. I tried it quite a few times this week and never made it to 3-1 at all, let alone in 1 life.

I mentioned that the same happened to me in the game thread.

But with that said, @BeaIank I do like the idea that some games are a challenge to even get a participation score if you’ve never played them before.

Each year, maybe have 1-2 games like this but don’t lower the bar making every game easy to participate on.  Having a failed week, for me, challenges me to find a bit more time to try to get better.

This is the first week where I couldn’t get a participation score when I tried.  I’m cool with that. See you all at Guardian Legends.

10 hours ago, BeaIank said:

I actually enjoyed the game, but it is more fun when you skip the optional danger and lucky rooms.