IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2023**

BeaIank

11 minutes ago, G-type said:

Anything ranked B and above I genuinely had a good time playing, and would have been happy to play even if it wasn't part of the contest. C and below started to be a bit more of a chore.... Ice Hockey, I just don't really care for... and I suck at it too.

The ruleset may have hurt the experience for some of these games. Like Ninja Gaiden 2 is much more fun when played normally rather than point pressing for a contest.

DD2 is a tough game and the one life rule made it even tougher. Isolated Warrior is really tough for some players as well.

22 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

The ruleset may have hurt the experience for some of these games. Like Ninja Gaiden 2 is much more fun when played normally rather than point pressing for a contest.

DD2 is a tough game and the one life rule made it even tougher. Isolated Warrior is really tough for some players as well.

That's entirely possible. This was my first time playing a lot of these games.

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

To be fair, same. 

Since you finally posted a Spy Hunter score I think I only gained two points on you since it looks like we finished 4th and 5th. It looks like @PII won, so that puts him back in 2nd overall by four points. Even if I pass him for 2nd this week, he can probably beat me at Dr. Mario and take back 2nd place. If I hadn't missed the entire first month and a week or two during the rest of the season, I may have actually had a shot at the top spot.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If I hadn't missed the entire first month and a week or two during the rest of the season, I may have actually had a shot at the top spot.

You are def top spot material.  Though it does help to remove any last semblance of a real life, at least for the duration of the "gaming season."

51 minutes ago, PII said:

You are def top spot material.  Though it does help to remove any last semblance of a real life, at least for the duration of the "gaming season."

I finished first in 2015, but I always seem to miss a few weeks and that costs me a few spots at the end of the season. I'm sure you would have won the arcade title anyway, but I probably would have gone into last week with the lead if I didn't miss the Millipede contest. 

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finished first in 2015, but I always seem to miss a few weeks and that costs me a few spots at the end of the season. I'm sure you would have won the arcade title anyway, but I probably would have gone into last week with the lead if I didn't miss the Millipede contest. 

I really wasn't expecting to, considering how difficult I found it to not die a single time in Millipede and a lack of time/motivation during pinball.  I'm just a little surprised that ol' Glovsie didn't put up more of a fight this last week...

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, PII said:

I really wasn't expecting to, considering how difficult I found it to not die a single time in Millipede and a lack of time/motivation during pinball.  I'm just a little surprised that ol' Glovsie didn't put up more of a fight this last week...

Personal reasons have kept me from feeling like doing anything particularly competitive this past week or so. 

32 minutes ago, PII said:

I made the top 5 the last time we played Millipede so I probably could've picked up a few points there.