IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2023**

BeaIank

I'm so excited about this year. I may never do well, but it's just fun to participate.  I even outlined all of the games I don't own, and I think I'm down to just needing 6, and the first one I don't own on the list is a month away.  I might get to compete in every title on a legit cart (except for the Famicom one.)

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

We need @Murray to handle the proper simpsonian response to this. 

I got you covered.

39 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It looks like I own 14 of the games.

This will be my first time playing Yo Noid. It's Capcom so it can't be that bad.

ftRfthGYCrr07l21MzqHS53vJg0=.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You've got me in Isolated Warriors, that's for damn sure, but you may have to work for the other three...

I don’t know. Isolated warrior is a great game and you’ll soon enjoy it. I think @PIIwill be bringing heat that week as well. It should be fun! Hopefully it a full play through via the rules because the visual theme of that game is fantastic start to finish and should be experienced by anyone who figures themselves a fan of the Nintendo.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I don’t know. Isolated warrior is a great game and you’ll soon enjoy it. I think @PIIwill be bringing heat that week as well. It should be fun! Hopefully it a full play through via the rules because the visual theme of that game is fantastic start to finish and should be experienced by anyone who figures themselves a fan of the Nintendo.

I'm really hoping full playthroughs for Isolated Warrior, 1943, Ninja Gaiden II and Double Dragon II. 1943 I'd understand only playing the first three missions or whatever, but it's so good.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I've never played it before in my life, so if I'm going up against seasoned vets, it probably won't end well.  But I'll definitely be giving it the ol' college try...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've never played it before in my life, so if I'm going up against seasoned vets, it probably won't end well.  But I'll definitely be giving it the ol' college try...

Ya but it’s not a difficult game. One week with the doctor and you’ll be up to speed with a punchers chance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Training? My TV went into CRT heaven so that's gaming for me this year

So you're waiting until exactly January 1st, 2024 to replace it?!?  Also, where's the chassis?  What the hell did you do to that thing?

Anyway, I don't know where you live, but if you go on Craigslist or Kijiji (in Canada) or whatever website people use in your area, you should be able to find a cheap/free TV pretty much instantly.  You could be playing NES like an hour from now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I'm not that good at shooters and  I was able to beat Isolated Warrior within the week when we played it last time. I only got 6th place though.

It’s been so long. I do remember beating bert with a tricky purging of lives. But I haven’t played it since and have forgotten any and all strategies. I’ll have to re learn the whole thing.

18 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Distinct Possibility.

Bringin Tha Heat.png

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:35 PM, SuperJimtendo said:

I think double dragon week will be a good one for the first random jimbo prize of the year. 

Let's A-Go! 

60E23FE3-808F-422E-A5EF-0CD8DE72FA7E.jpeg

My son and I saw it in 3d on Friday after work. Then he wanted to "play the movie" when we got home. Said it was better than the paw patrol movie. That was the gold standard until now. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1