IGNORED

Offichial VGSh Shecret Shanta Reveal Thread 2022!

Secret Santa

Events Team · Posted

Big THANKS to my Santa,  @LutherDestroysTheGond.  He went above and beyond with a copy of Blade Buster (top of my list), a CIB T2 NES  😯, and Geometry Wars PS4.

PeDiGEZ.jpg

The Blade Buster retains the high score too.  Banged out a quick score of 1,321,800 and confirmed the score retention after turning off the console.  So rad!

3LSrZbN.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Homebrew Team · Posted
9 hours ago, ScaryD said:

It is Christmas on the east coast. Thank you to my Secret Santa. Love the gifts! As soon as I saw that I received Castlevania III for the Famicom I had to pop that one in and listen to the FM synthesis goodness.

6A8E572B-6047-4AF3-92E5-DF41D195C3C9.jpeg

You're very welcome!

Other than the Castlevania, I tried to get you neat things you maybe hadn't considered from the general areas you were interested in (TG-16, FDS).

Merry VGS Christmas! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Love 2

So my Secret Santa was @spacepup and he... uh...

36epVoz.jpgyb7jRRa.jpg 7uMeWM6.jpg

PxwMtI2.jpg

managed to nuke whatever was knocked out of the park. 

I'm still trying to process everything, but I do know that I'll finally be able to listen to the OST's of Herzog Eins+Zwei and Thunder Force III+AC without an internet connection (the Rockman CD looks very interesting too), play Mega Man World II and III for the first time (+ play an authentic copy of MMW IV), see if Kirby will help me become a fan of Puyo Puyo, and most importantly...

Spoiler

clean and make space to assemble, display, and investigate all the other goodies instead of storing them in a box. 

f0yp7n.JPG

Thank you so very much to Spacepup, the big Secret Santa (no guesses on who it is from me this year though), and the rest of the participants for making VGS Secret Santa (and VGS in general) so wonderful! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

Merry Christmas everybody! 

This year my secret Santa was @JVOSS! He did an excellent job, sending me several games I was missing from my unlicensed NES set, a couple manuals I need, and some awesome cards and stickers. 

Thanks jvoss, hope you and your family have a great Christmas

20221225_105200.jpg

Edited by Khromak
  • Like 13

@JamesRobot  that’s some of the best wrapping I’ve ever seen!

GUYS!! I got a complete minty copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers!  AND NINJAS!

Seriously dude this is awesome!  Not only is this a heavy hitter on my want list but a childhood favorite I played a lot as a kid.  Thanks so much!

side note.  I didn’t put anything in my package to let my person know I was their secret Santa.  😂. If they don’t figure it out I’ll tell them after they reveal. 🙂

4F3A1551-920C-4ACA-9EA1-11445287C035.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I'm awful with real names, but my Shecret Shanta went, way way way way above and beyond! So much to go over here so I tried to display them all on our coffee table. One of our dogs has her eyes set on the face hugger, but she can't have it! 

This will definitely help fill out the hobby room which I will be working on over the next week! With these 3 puzzles I now have 5 lined up and waiting to be completed! The Funkos will be a great addition to my slowly growing bunch! Also, there is a new ornament to our tree now! My favorites are the Bases Loaded handheld as well as the Zombie artwork. I can identify a few zombies, but not enough!

Thank you very much to my Shecret Shanta! I have to up my game for this event as my gift bundle feels very weak compared to this! Thank you once again and Merry Christmas to all!

iLMFftC.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Lago said:

@JamesRobot  that’s some of the best wrapping I’ve ever seen!

GUYS!! I got a complete minty copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers!  AND NINJAS!

Seriously dude this is awesome!  Not only is this a heavy hitter on my want list but a childhood favorite I played a lot as a kid.  Thanks so much!

side note.  I didn’t put anything in my package to let my person know I was their secret Santa.  😂. If they don’t figure it out I’ll tell them after they reveal. 🙂

4F3A1551-920C-4ACA-9EA1-11445287C035.jpeg

Lmao that CJ GTA card. When I was picking up some donated trees for work, some older guy was just grabbing some thin flimsy tree and was telling his mom it was a nice tree. The mom looked at one of the trees I had and she asked where I got them, so I pointed her to the Frasier Fir ones and the son was like, but this tree is just fine. I wish I would of had this card so I can hand him one lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

I'm not sure who my secret Santa is yet, and I haven't had a chance to attempt to decipher this code, but thank you so much! I haven't heard of Sol Feace, but clips online look sick!

The Machine and Pocky & Rocky were two games I've had my on for a while, and I'm super excited for them. Also, I love the Cow Pies - I asked for a local/regional candy and this certainly fits! 😄

PXL_20221225_174655215.jpg

PXL_20221225_175154368.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 1

My Secret Santa this year was @WalterWhiteJr. which is fantastic given that he was my very first SS recipient back in 2015. Thank you for the thoughtfully written card and gifts! This year Murray tried something different and asked for a copy of my recipients favorite game. Which worked out nicely as I didn’t have a copy of Tony Hawk for the N64! The bottle o rum and cigar were a nice touch and will be put to good use as handsome Murray tries to do some some wicked hand-plants! Murray Christmas!

4F8CB770-C6B7-4782-B7FF-5CC6AB5EAEF8.jpeg

F58166D1-CA45-4C7D-B7DB-A4B2F6B6E945.jpeg

411A8E67-25B0-445B-97B9-9FB5654E3AD5.jpeg

020E5F7A-C68D-4DBE-96B6-4B878A63AA86.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Murray said:

Also, I’ve ben waiting on this mafk forever. Haha nice shout out to jamsgobot!

C9B01821-529D-405D-9B2D-C9D387654994.jpeg

04B6F14F-5F1A-4496-B3CE-9AC81813BB78.jpeg

Aw hell yeah.  I honestly haven't been able to give this enough attention yet since the actual release.  Didn't even notice I got a manual credit.  Sweet deal!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

huge shout out to my Secret Santa, @Murray

this wasn't just a gift, it was a party in a box! with party hats and other favors,favorsw i was in for a whole celebration. and the gifts over delivered!

included were Mega Man 11 (Switch), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) [and complete in box!!], and an issue of Nintendo Power. all things i can check off my list, moving me one step closer to completing my collection (haha, as if that's possible!). also included were some various goodies- Murray stickers (which will find a home on my vinyl record shelf, filled with 70s/band/brewery stickers), an awesome Murray pin (that reminds me a lot of Skeletor), and some robot and njnja mini figures (which have already infiltrated my MUSCLE minis!)

it really was a bright spot of my Christmas Day after spending the rest of it doing family obligations. Thank you so much!! you're a good dude Murray!

also, unrelated to Secret Santa, for anyone that doesn't follow the Cute Girl or Feminine Boy thread (early cheap plug for next year's contest), i was the yearly recipient of this amazing picture. thank you again to @Foochie776and @Ferris Bueller

20221225_204701.jpg

20221225_205057.jpg

20221225_205542.jpg

20221217_092629.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 4

I did get to open mine this morning, but had a long day with the in-laws and am only just now getting settled to the point where I can participate.

With that said, I got my package early (I want to say a week or two after names/lists had been exchanged), and due to my daughter's insistence, opened the shipping box the following day.  Inside, I discovered eight different packages, each with a label attached both telling me what order to open them in, as well as telling a kind of descriptive, thematic tale.  To say that I was tickled was putting it mildly, and my wife and son had somewhat shocked expressions on their faces when we put the tree up and started migrating presents underneath it due to the volume.

Here is everything laid out this morning, after everyone else had opened their gifts:

spacer.png

And next is the reveal, with all the notes left in place on their respective gifts.

spacer.png

I can happily say that I did not have anything in the above photo save the cartridge for the Genesis X-Men game, but mine is in rougher shape, so an upgrade (and a newly spare cart to pass on to someone else) is certainly welcome!  My only current regret is that the Lucasfilm game "archive" is on 3.5" floppies, and I sadly do not currently have a running machine in the house with one installed, so I'll have to wait on playing those until I can work out something with a drive (USB 3.5" drive, get an old system back up and running, or find an online archive of the disk images), but the rest can go into queue immediately.  Between getting a batch of wholly new-to-me games as well as wanting to try to finish some stuff off for the backlog thread, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to play for the near future!

(The notes now reside in one of the blank SMS cases, until such time as they're needed in another capacity.)

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa!  I'm not certain who it was, as they didn't leave their username inside, and I didn't recognize the name or address on the box that everything was shipped in (which was unfortunately thrown out sometime in the last week).  However, I believe I remember enough of the address to think that it might have been @Lago.  If I'm wrong and my Secret Santa wishes to be identified, just let me know.  Thanks!

• Like 14
  • Wow! 1

7 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

One of our dogs has her eyes set on the face hugger, but she can't have it!

I have to say that I, too, am jealous of the plushy face hugger!

3 hours ago, Murray said:

Also, I’ve ben waiting on this mafk forever.

C9B01821-529D-405D-9B2D-C9D387654994.jpeg

Same!  I (finally) got mine on Friday after a near panic attack from the mailman marking it as delivered "to front door/porch" but finding nothing there and having to track it down in a parcel locker down the hill from my house (in windy 5F/-11F weather).  I let it alone to come back up to room temperature so as to not have condensation all over everything, but haven't gotten a chance to get back to it.  Maybe sometime this week!

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I did get to open mine this morning, but had a long day with the in-laws and am only just now getting settled to the point where I can participate.

With that said, I got my package early (I want to say a week or two after names/lists had been exchanged), and due to my daughter's insistence, opened the shipping box the following day.  Inside, I discovered eight different packages, each with a label attached both telling me what order to open them in, as well as telling a kind of descriptive, thematic tale.  To say that I was tickled was putting it mildly, and my wife and son had somewhat shocked expressions on their faces when we put the tree up and started migrating presents underneath it due to the volume.

Here is everything laid out this morning, after everyone else had opened their gifts:

spacer.png

And next is the reveal, with all the notes left in place on their respective gifts.

spacer.png

I can happily say that I did not have anything in the above photo save the cartridge for the Genesis X-Men game, but mine is in rougher shape, so an upgrade (and a newly spare cart to pass on to someone else) is certainly welcome!  My only current regret is that the Lucasfilm game "archive" is on 3.5" floppies, and I sadly do not currently have a running machine in the house with one installed, so I'll have to wait on playing those until I can work out something with a drive (USB 3.5" drive, get an old system back up and running, or find an online archive of the disk images), but the rest can go into queue immediately.  Between getting a batch of wholly new-to-me games as well as wanting to try to finish some stuff off for the backlog thread, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to play for the near future!

(The notes now reside in one of the blank SMS cases, until such time as they're needed in another capacity.)

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa!  I'm not certain who it was, as they didn't leave their username inside, and I didn't recognize the name or address on the box that everything was shipped in (which was unfortunately thrown out sometime in the last week).  However, I believe I remember enough of the address to think that it might have been @Lago.  If I'm wrong and my Secret Santa wishes to be identified, just let me know.  Thanks!

It was me! 😂 I spent all that time coming up with that tale and didn’t think to put my username in there at all.

I am glad you like your gifts!  I hope you have as much fun playing them as I did getting them together.

• Like 2
  • Love 2