IGNORED

Offichial VGSh Shecret Shanta Reveal Thread 2022!

Secret Santa

My Secret Santa knocked it out of the park this year:

20221225_115744.jpg

Haven't played the KoF series in a while and had the itch to get back into it.   The Atari 50 is well, Atari!

While those would have been plenty by themselves, here's the grand slam part of the home run:

20221225_115723.jpg

I wasn't sure if my SS would have any drawing ability (I sure don't), so I had asked for a Tekken/Dead or Alive mashup with some of my favorite fighters.    This thing is phenomenal, and I can't wait to hang it up.

They didn't leave a note in their package, but I'll let you guys take guesses at who it might be.

Thank you so much!

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Lago said:

It was me! 😂 I spent all that time coming up with that tale and didn’t think to put my username in there at all.

I am glad you like your gifts!  I hope you have as much fun playing them as I did getting them together.

Thank you!  I definitely will!  I'm just semi-ashamed that of all the currently operational floppy drives I have in the house, precisely zero of them are for PC-compatible systems, lol!  I've got one in the first PC I ever built from all new parts, but haven't had a hard drive in it in more than a decade, so Monkey Island will just have to wait until I can figure out a solution.  (And yes, I'm also semi-ashamed at never having yet played a Monkey Island game, lol)

• Sad 1

Will I guess i will have to open the this big box from i don't remember from 😲  @Splain..  Truly over the top.  Now i just need the Analog Adapter to play them.  I figured i get a jump on the crowed and get the Game Gear games (although) i might be late for that band wagon.  anywho. 
Thanks @Splain!!!!20221210_164247.jpg

Edited by JVOSS
double photo...
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

They didn't leave a note in their package, but I'll let you guys take guesses at who it might be.

Oh, well, uh... 😅

It was me, glad you liked everything!

So, for the print, I actually do not have any artistic ability whatsoever, I'm a terrible artist, so what I did was I actually contacted @CasualCart about it. He completed the design and sent it to me, after which I had it printed and framed. So super, SUPER big thanks to @CasualCart for doing that, I was really happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad you were too!

I'll go ahead and take some pics of everything tomorrow and reveal who my SS was 🙂

• Like 4
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Oh, well, uh... 😅

It was me, glad you liked everything!

So, for the print, I actually do not have any artistic ability whatsoever, I'm a terrible artist, so what I did was I actually contacted @CasualCart about it. He completed the design and sent it to me, after which I had it printed and framed. So super, SUPER big thanks to @CasualCart for doing that, I was really happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad you were too!

I'll go ahead and take some pics of everything tomorrow and reveal who my SS was 🙂

That was very clever of you, nicely done!!!

And omg, thank you @CasualCart!!! You are just the gift that keeps on giving.  What would we do without you!!!  

Thanks for sharing 🙂 🥰

• Like 1

Gonna hopefully post mine tomorrow, if not then Wednesday. Before I do the big reveal though, let's just say that my SS nailed it, I've been fressin' away and burning my insides out, even my weight was up the past few days 😄

Oh man, so much awesomeness but I'm fading fast tonight so it's gotta wait until tomorrow. Stay tuned, and a big mega thanks to @Khromak for his generosity.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Gonna hopefully post mine tomorrow, if not then Wednesday. Before I do the big reveal though, let's just say that my SS nailed it, I've been fressin' away and burning my insides out, even my weight was up the past few days 😄

Oh man, so much awesomeness but I'm fading fast tonight so it's gotta wait until tomorrow. Stay tuned, and a big mega thanks to @Khromak for his generosity.

I wanna know who got the seafood soup. 

My secret Santa really nailed it! Its tough for me to give a list of games bc what I'm usually looking for is all over the board. So this year I gave a general list but also have my collection on pricecharting.com. That way my SS could get a sense of my taste in games and see if they could get me something based on what I had already.

And they nailed it!!

20221212_154918.thumb.jpg.fdf313ba244c29bd79888a117f246794.jpg

There's another gift in bound so I'll update when I get in, but man, the SS really nailed my interests! And I ate all the truffles in one sitting ... Lol Merry Christmas!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Megamanfan said:

My Secret Santa was amazing.  They sent me some really cool Somic items. First was this awesome tales buidable figure. Second was a bootleg copy of Sonic 3d Blast and last was a copy of Sonic adventure 7 for the Gameboy.  It doest work but is still a cool show piece.

Thanks. Fcgamer

20221226_190511.jpg

No snacks?! I thought he was sending snacks!

Events Team · Posted

OK, couple days late to this, been trying to catch up on some sleep since I've been a tiny bit sleep-deprived over these past few days, but I'm here now, haha.

My Secret Santa was @darkchylde28, and I think it's fair to also include @Rhapsody98 as well for reasons I'll get in to. Either way, you guys knocked it out of the park!

e1a6781ff083f1bfadf6ab4238b5977a.jpg.070e4d120ce039ad47cfa006e0baded5.jpg

So, firstly, we've got this super cool triforce lamp that I'll have to make sure to find a good spot for. Then, we've got some perler bead art of Link from the original Legend of Zelda which is awesome. Next, there's what looks at first to just be a perler bead cube, but is actually a perler bead piggy bank! Again, super awesome. Then (the reason I technically include @Rhapsody98 as my SS as well as DC) there's some (if I'm not mistaken) custom-made Zelda soap! So, for those who don't know, @Rhapsody98 actually makes soap, which I had heard about for awhile now, so I was really excited when I opened these, haha. I only opened one of them just so I could see how it smells, and I can attest that it does smell really good. Can't wait to actually use these, I've been huffing the one I opened nonstop ever since Christmas, haha.

Now before the last thing, here's some pics of all the sides of the perler bead piggy bank:

9eaffacc4b50f62fdf6e3ff3ecf4d65b.png.f9151995a570a2573132550cffa5171c.png

a84cf81dc1f4632ea7d29266d4ae1309.png.fa34179689dda6dcd67e531d7d223b1f.png

2b4cf7a7e4a61a18c2377a16f0f516ba.png.e445231b18e06ec751ebff62536df4d4.png

1e22dcddf85a7098d821fa20c6f695f2.png.35e1a87205065a4e4d01cb4dd6c1aa6a.png

And now then, this last item has a little bit of a story. So, as I was unwrapping everything, I picked up one of the bigger gifts and unwrapped it. When I did, I was greeted by none other than...

02e799d8fc73f743a181c4f86f82552f.png.1ad12b1feeae7f21dd2d223c6356b683.png

...this. An (at the time) unopened box of Ziplocs. Me and my family were like "...Huh? Did they really just send us a thing of Ziplocs?" At first we were all like "No no no that's not possible, there's gotta be something inside the Ziploc box." But, after closer inspection, we all came to the conclusion that no, it looked like it was brand new, and as such, it really WAS just a box of Ziplocs. I was like "Huh... alright, well... I'm sure there's some kind of inside joke or something I'm not catching on to here, I'll have to ask in the Reveal thread..." trying my best not to be disappointed during a time in which you're supposed to be grateful and appreciative of things, haha. So, the box went on to a shelf, and there it sat for about a day and a half. Until, that is, I finally got around to taking pics of everything. I picked up the Ziploc box, thinking "Man, can't believe they actually did just send me a box of Ziplocs, that's pretty funny." But, as I was holding it, I shook it around a bit, and thought "Hm... I dunno, that doesn't feel like Ziplocs, it feels like there's something inside of this. But It looks brand new..." but I figured "Ah, what the hell, might as well open it and see." So I opened it, and... wouldn't you know it.

Spoiler

bffa60855d58c62a051b9150f54ce671.png.3a06ce46f82446ac6c19e7a39efd9255.png

...There WAS indeed something inside the Ziploc box.

So, congratulations @darkchylde28@Rhapsody98, you guys had me fully convinced that you just straight up sent me a box of Ziplocs for around a day and a half before I finally opened it and realized there was a gift I totally missed, hahaha. I dunno how you guys pulled it off honestly, it looked sincerely brand new, but either way, color me impressed.

So yeah, that's everything! Thank you DC and Rhap for everything, I really appreciate it! Even if I'm still a little salty that you guys really had me fooled for a long while there with the Ziploc box, haha.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 6

Events Team · Posted
On 12/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, Lago said:

@JamesRobot  that’s some of the best wrapping I’ve ever seen!

GUYS!! I got a complete minty copy of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers!  AND NINJAS!

Seriously dude this is awesome!  Not only is this a heavy hitter on my want list but a childhood favorite I played a lot as a kid.  Thanks so much!

side note.  I didn’t put anything in my package to let my person know I was their secret Santa.  😂. If they don’t figure it out I’ll tell them after they reveal. 🙂

4F3A1551-920C-4ACA-9EA1-11445287C035.jpeg

You are most welcome. Glad this was a meaningful gift. It must have been meant to be.  I typically try to get games from my local game store and like to grab a few things from the list but this one maxed my budget.  Once I noticed the Chip 'N Dale there and checked that it was complete, I knew I found my gift.  They had a couple other great games from your list too but the rest that I checked were missing manuals.

I also had a good laugh wrapping your present.  For anybody wondering, it was triple wrapped.  First with tin foil over the box protector and the first card (Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.)  Second over the box itself (How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?)  And finally the cart was also wrapped inside the box (Aw shit. Here we go again.).  More for my own amusement really. 🤣

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, so, I made a mistake.  I opened mine a couple of days before Christmas because things get hectic around here for about 5 days around Christmas.  My SS gave me a nice lot of random Pokemon items, Metroid Prime and a hat for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.  He also included a card, with his name and VGS user name on it. 

Weeeeell, my wife has sense packed away all of our Christmas cards and since I added it to our Christmas card chain, so it's packed away, somewhere, and I'm not undoing all of her packing work to find it.  Sorry.  Seriously.

I do know who sent it by there name from what was on the shipping box, so I'll just say thanks "Andrew", but I won't post your last name because I know not everyone wants to give out those full details.  I really appreciated the wonderful gift and I apologize for losing your name.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Then (the reason I technically include as my SS as well as DC) there's some (if I'm not mistaken) custom-made Zelda soap! So, for those who don't know, actually makes soap, which I had heard about for awhile now, so I was really excited when I opened these, haha. I only opened one of them just so I could see how it smells, and I can attest that it does smell really good. Can't wait to actually use these, I've been huffing the one I opened nonstop ever since Christmas, haha.

Actually, I was the one who made all your soap.  Surprise!  😎  @Rhapsody98 did instruct me on how to do it, added the scent to it in-process, and designed the label, so credit where credit is due.  Glad you liked them!

5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

02e799d8fc73f743a181c4f86f82552f.png.1ad12b1feeae7f21dd2d223c6356b683.png

...this. An (at the time) unopened box of Ziplocs. Me and my family were like "...Huh? Did they really just send us a thing of Ziplocs?" At first we were all like "No no no that's not possible, there's gotta be something inside the Ziploc box." But, after closer inspection, we all came to the conclusion that no, it looked like it was brand new, and as such, it really WAS just a box of Ziplocs. I was like "Huh... alright, well... I'm sure there's some kind of inside joke or something I'm not catching on to here, I'll have to ask in the Reveal thread..." trying my best not to be disappointed during a time in which you're supposed to be grateful and appreciative of things, haha. So, the box went on to a shelf, and there it sat for about a day and a half. Until, that is, I finally got around to taking pics of everything. I picked up the Ziploc box, thinking "Man, can't believe they actually did just send me a box of Ziplocs, that's pretty funny." But, as I was holding it, I shook it around a bit, and thought "Hm... I dunno, that doesn't feel like Ziplocs, it feels like there's something inside of this. But It looks brand new..." but I figured "Ah, what the hell, might as well open it and see." So I opened it, and... wouldn't you know it.

Hide contents

bffa60855d58c62a051b9150f54ce671.png.3a06ce46f82446ac6c19e7a39efd9255.png

...There WAS indeed something inside the Ziploc box.

So, congratulations @darkchylde28@Rhapsody98, you guys had me fully convinced that you just straight up sent me a box of Ziplocs for around a day and a half before I finally opened it and realized there was a gift I totally missed, hahaha. I dunno how you guys pulled it off honestly, it looked sincerely brand new, but either way, color me impressed.

🤣

This ended up being my favorite part of your package due to the reaction I imagined it would (and did!) get!  What happened was I was wrapping and needed something to put the Amiibo into that would allow me to wrap it and not have it be totally obvious what was inside.  We had previously discarded the large bulk of all the smaller boxes that I'd had around the house, so I started eyeballing anything and everything.  When I popped open our cabinet, our open, but nearly empty box of quart Ziplocs caught my eye and appeared to be the perfect size.  Once confirmed by holding the two together, a devilish idea started dawning on me, and I ended up using a knife to very carefully split open the end of a fresh box, transplanted the new bags into the old one, then used my small glue gun to seal the box back up to factory looking after hiding Link inside.  The weight was still about the same, and unless someone started squeezing it to find the void at the top of the card, they'd never know without opening it.

I can honestly say that the more I did with this one, the more I laughed about it, to the point where I was openly giggling when trying to tell the wife what I'd done (she was on your side and just kind of sighed and side-eyed me about it).  When you didn't post in the reveal thread day of, or after, or even yesterday, I really started worrying that I'd done the job too well and the box had ended up being given away to relatives or handed off to a food bank or something.  So glad to see that wasn't the case!  Just so you know, part of our family tended to give out at least one gag gift to one another every Christmas (a card with money in it taped to the inside of a box otherwise containing a loose brick and glass Christmas ornaments, a box full of loose, random, free trial floppy diskettes, a case of AOL trial CDs, etc.) so this box did help usher in the spirit of Christmas, at least on one half of the transaction.  😉😇  Sorry that the "surprise" went on for longer than intended!

Merry Christmas!

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RH said:

Ok, so, I made a mistake.  I opened mine a couple of days before Christmas because things get hectic around here for about 5 days around Christmas.  My SS gave me a nice lot of random Pokemon items, Metroid Prime and a hat for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.  He also included a card, with his name and VGS user name on it. 

Weeeeell, my wife has sense packed away all of our Christmas cards and since I added it to our Christmas card chain, so it's packed away, somewhere, and I'm not undoing all of her packing work to find it.  Sorry.  Seriously.

I do know who sent it by there name from what was on the shipping box, so I'll just say thanks "Andrew", but I won't post your last name because I know not everyone wants to give out those full details.  I really appreciated the wonderful gift and I apologize for losing your name.

Glad you loved the gifts.🙂🙂🙂🙂