IGNORED

Offichial VGSh Shecret Shanta Reveal Thread 2022!

Secret Santa

My Secret Santa's packages have come. I was waiting to make sure I had everything first.

I got three games for the N64. Two of them are new to me, the other one I have played before and loved it, just never got around to buying it for myself.

- Flying Dragon

- Gex 64

- Paperboy

Thank you SS for helping me fill in some gaps in my collection this year!

• Like 7

The other bit of my SS gift arrived and my socks were blown off. I'm a cheap date, so the 2 DS games filled my Christmas cup but this gift made it over flow!

20230107_195150.jpg.1995a7fe59a8cc847cde6767216f91b4.jpg

Like I said in the first post, I gave a list of games I was interested in or just actively seeking and a link to my collection so the SS could get a sense of the types of games I like to potentially pick a game that wasn't necessarily on my radar. All 3 of the gifts we're absolutely spot on. I generally collect 4 types of games genres: platformers, puzzlers, fighters, beat em ups / shoot em ups.

Cotton was always a game I wanted to play but my Saturn's cartridge slot is broken so I never got into imports outside of watching gameplay footage. When the Cotton Reboot came out, I played it and really liked it and didn't even think about getting Fantasy. So not only was this completely above an beyond my expectations, but it was also another bull's-eye!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The other bit of my SS gift arrived and my socks were blown off. I'm a cheap date, so the 2 DS games filled my Christmas cup but this gift made it over flow!

20230107_195150.jpg.1995a7fe59a8cc847cde6767216f91b4.jpg

Like I said in the first post, I gave a list of games I was interested in or just actively seeking and a link to my collection so the SS could get a sense of the types of games I like to potentially pick a game that wasn't necessarily on my radar. All 3 of the gifts we're absolutely spot on. I generally collect 4 types of games genres: platformers, puzzlers, fighters, beat em ups / shoot em ups.

Cotton was always a game I wanted to play but my Saturn's cartridge slot is broken so I never got into imports outside of watching gameplay footage. When the Cotton Reboot came out, I played it and really liked it and didn't even think about getting Fantasy. So not only was this completely above an beyond my expectations, but it was also another bull's-eye!

Glad you liked it! I first found out about the Fantasy CE when the news came that it had a nendroid of Cotton inside, and while I didn't think I could justify it for myself, I couldn't pass up the chance to gift it once I saw it on your list. I hope it's as awesome to play and display as it looks from the box!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Apologies on delay of posting my gifts; I had to force myself to finally yank the cart out of the slot for a picture.

secretsanta2022.jpg

Drakkhen is really proving to be fun! I also can't wait to play the computer version, which is apparently very different and significantly more difficult. I also learned from reading about this game that Gary Gygax had a hand in designing creatures for it. Maybe that explains why the game has such a frightening aura...anyway, it's really fun and interesting. I hope someday I can find more games that play in its weird "freeroam RPG with RTS battles" format. Really it's the freeroam that wins me over; I like games that do anything but hold your hand.

This 8BitDo controller really won me over. I have long been heavily skeptical of 3rd-party controllers, especially anything made by companies that make stuff for out of production systems. This, however, is an excellent controller. It's incredibly tiny, but somehow I can hold it (maybe it helps that I don't play a lot of games that demand trigger use) and it works really well. It's super-tiny, it travels anywhere, and it even works as a wired controller over USB, which is a huge deal for me as I often use wired controllers. All in all, an impressively high-quality product. Thanks again to my Secret Santa for these gifts!

Edited by koifish
moved the picture
  • Like 8

• The topic was unpinned