IGNORED

Offichial VGSh Shecret Shanta Reveal Thread 2022!

Secret Santa

On 12/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

My Secret Santa knocked it out of the park this year:

20221225_115744.jpg

Haven't played the KoF series in a while and had the itch to get back into it.   The Atari 50 is well, Atari!

While those would have been plenty by themselves, here's the grand slam part of the home run:

20221225_115723.jpg

I wasn't sure if my SS would have any drawing ability (I sure don't), so I had asked for a Tekken/Dead or Alive mashup with some of my favorite fighters.    This thing is phenomenal, and I can't wait to hang it up.

They didn't leave a note in their package, but I'll let you guys take guesses at who it might be.

Thank you so much!

I wished I was part of this year's secret Santa!  And, believe it or not, that Atari 50 is my personal 2022 game of the year.  No joke!

My Secret Santa was @Khromak and he nailed it! A big thanks to you bro 🙂

It's always hard to figure out what to ask for during Secret Santa time, since I generally collect imported games and similarly, have most of what I want anyways. One thing I did want to explore a bit more was the Atari 2600 library, as I have an Atari clone but little software for it. One of the games I always wanted to play, since 1999 or 2000, was Adventure. It's in here, as well as Asteroids, Super Breakout, etc. I'm excited to give these a go, and when my band mate was over, he got excited seeing Asteroids sitting there, he was part of that generation.

I also generally ask for some local food, and pretzels always make the list too, as one of those snacks that is hard to find here in Taiwan. So I was thrilled to see some Webler Mustard, Franks Red Hot, and two bags of flavoured pretzels. I love spicy food so I started eating the spicy pretzels shortly after opening the box.

Finally there's the Water Margin book, one of the Chinese greats. I'm really looking forward to reading this, and it's great to have an English copy of it. 

Thanks again @Khromak for your generosity and kindness. So much cool stuff here, it made my day.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everyone 🎉 

IMG20221227210253.jpg

IMG20221227210309.jpg

IMG20221227210313.jpg

IMG20221227210317.jpg

IMG20221227210319.jpg

IMG20221227210323.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Glad to hear you like spicy food, since pretty much everything I sent was spicy! Webers mustard especially is REALLY good in my humble opinion, and I don't think it really exists outside of the WNY area. It's horseradish mustard, kind of like a mix of mustard and wasabi, and it's the only mustard I use, it's awesome.

You had a great list, it was a lot of fun putting together this little package, glad you're enjoying it!

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

Thank you to everyone who has shared your gifts with us all to see!

If there is anyone else who received SS gifts and hasn't shared yet, if you could please do so, I know it would be not only really appreciated by your Secret Santa, but also for everyone else to see and enjoy.

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 1:21 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

HERE'S YOUR HINT VGS:

hint.png

4 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Nobody has guessed correctly yet, despite my hint.

According to Google, that's some dude from The Black Crowes.  Gloves is not a crow on his avatar, but the Spy vs. Spy guys kind of look like crows, so my guess is, @Gloves, which would be interesting since he already runs so much around here.

The guy does kind of look like a younger, bearded James Cameron though.  I'm not sure who I'd apply that too though.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

According to Google, that's some dude from The Black Crowes.  Gloves is not a crow on his avatar, but the Spy vs. Spy guys kind of look like crows, so my guess is, @Gloves, which would be interesting since he already runs so much around here.

The guy does kind of look like a younger, bearded James Cameron though.  I'm not sure who I'd apply that too though.

't'ain't me, nay.

• Agree 1