IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I'm burned out on them at this rate unless something will not have a physical release and/or digital release elsewhere.  A good example the Valis Collection, no english asia import, only on the dumb e-shop so that's cool.

I pulled the last 3 games I got from them, still sealed and photographed them earlier to sell locally or whatever online, just over it pretty much.

It's nice they have a shop, but I'm tired of the fear of missing out garbage.

• Like 1

I got a notice that the Axiom Verge vinyl is ready to ship soon, even though the website is still saying it's "In Production" and not even at the warehouse yet.

That's good, I ordered that along with Axiom Verge 2. I also had another order with Quake II and it should be shipping "any day now".

4 minutes ago, RH said:

I got a notice that the Axiom Verge vinyl is ready to ship soon, even though the website is still saying it's "In Production" and not even at the warehouse yet.

They did that with the Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom too.  In a few days it should switch to being in the warehouse - where it will linger for who knows how long until it actually ships.

• Thanks 1

Yeah like my copy of Quake on the orders page says In Production, but within is now not red but yellow for in warehouse, and days ago got a mail about get your shipping address right now before it's too late.

They'll either sit on it for a month or a week, never can tell, as it never makes sense.

Editorials Team · Posted

Just ordered Contra, Snow Bros., and Sam & Max.

Adds to the queue of: Strife, Dusk, Minemushima (or whatever), Crysis 2 & 3, KoToR, Sol Cresta, Ender Lilies, River City Zero, Quake, AVGN, Shadow Man, Double Dragon Kunio, Axiom Verge 2.

Have I mentioned that this is most likely the gen where I stop collecting?  Digital after this, I ain't doing this all again on a Switch 2 or PS6 🤣

On 5/6/2022 at 4:23 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

If anyone requested the change out for the Doom cart from LRG, check your emails. They have sent out the instructions for how this will go down. They are sending a package to your address on record for you to send the cart back in. 

Or if you're in Canada like me, they requested I destroy the cartridge in a method of my choice and send them photos. Apparently they won't pay for postage over the border.

I'm taking suggestions on how I should destroy this, any takers? Fire? Archery? Explosion?

9 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Or if you're in Canada like me, they requested I destroy the cartridge in a method of my choice and send them photos. Apparently they won't pay for postage over the border.

I'm taking suggestions on how I should destroy this, any takers? Fire? Archery? Explosion?

25 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

M80

43 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Microwave 

And Quake arrived, I don't think I've seen something this minimalist from them.

Did you know the manual isn't one, it's just a manual sized folded over piece of single color manual paper, with no instructions and just a few rambly sentences that add nothing to the story of value of the package titled Dark Fantasy Campaign on the right, left is just low res blocky pixel art of one of those horned heads on some surfaces in the game.  Rear outside just has quake guy, front is just the game name/logo.  That's it. 

And to be clear that rambly text, it's the second paragraph on the back of the box offset to the first image (of 3) on the back.  They put no effort in there, just lifted and reprinted that few lines of text you can see online from the box art.

The game card sticker has that and more info on it, very odd cutting that kind of corner.

• Agree 1

I had a kind of weird question that might fit this thread.. Has anyone done 'full set' for LRG and maybe decided in hindsight to give up and only grab stuff they really want? If so, did you regret it?

I've never been one to collect just to collect but I got the full set on Vita and PS4 up to now, and Switch of course, but I'm debating on selling stuff I don't care much for and slowing down on buying it since it's kinda stressful and expensive to keep up with.. Anyone ever have a similar thought and maybe not regret it?

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

I had a kind of weird question that might fit this thread.. Has anyone done 'full set' for LRG and maybe decided in hindsight to give up and only grab stuff they really want? If so, did you regret it?

I've never been one to collect just to collect but I got the full set on Vita and PS4 up to now, and Switch of course, but I'm debating on selling stuff I don't care much for and slowing down on buying it since it's kinda stressful and expensive to keep up with.. Anyone ever have a similar thought and maybe not regret it?

Yes. No regrets. Once a set starts to have games I really don’t care for, the desire to get them all goes away. And at this point there’s way too many LRG games for me to enjoy them all. I will only live so long!

58 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Kinda?  From release until about 2 years ago, I did one of everything for any of the console (no PC stuff) releases and I've been buying releases from LRG since Saturday Morning RPG.  That included base games as well as any CE/LE/SE type release.  It just became too much both in cost as well as space needed for it all.  Then that chase coupled with the N64/GB/NES type re-releases and it just became WAY too much.  I have kept up with the console base games for "new" releases (Switch/3DS/Vita/PS3/PS4/PS5 type things) but have ignored the rest (retro console re-releases & CEs and 98% of the Distribution line releases) and while I've had a few FOMO moments (the Star Wars carts in the action figure blister packs) I'm not remotely sad about any of those misses at this point.  I'm far too invested at this point in keeping up with the base set for their numbered releases so those keep getting bought at least for now...

I never tried to pokemon the thing catch 'em all and all that.  But I had intended to get any and all games I'd love to own that were stuck as digital junk only.  But as it started to add up, not the releases, but ever increasing times between preorder and release with no word about why.  Adding in repeated delays with no end in sight, stuff taking a year to appear, I got fed up.  LRG  now I won't deal with unless they're the only supplier globally physically for a Switch release in english, and if the game needs minimal/no reading then screw it I don't care if it is in english if it's a real copy of the game.

It's just not worth it anymore, but the time whenever they decide to make stuff appear I've moved along into other stuff, and have months of lead time towards playing what they finally decided to grace my mailbox with I don't care anymore.  That's why my last 3 LRG games are still sealed, not added to my inventory, and are up for sale/trade.

8 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

I started buying from LRG since the beginning (Breach & Clear Vita) and was buying basically every Vita and PS4 release they put out up to a certain point but after they started pumping out insane amounts of stuff I became picky with what I get while still going for the Vita full set - only skipped Gunhouse Vita from the source but got one second hand (R.I.P. my Revenge of the Bird King Vita, if that's a thing for full set buyers through LRG - depending on how strict they are with it). They do release a lot of games that I want to own physically but it's annoying that with the current pre-order model the turnaround times are very long in most cases. I've ordered 0 PS5 games so far from LRG and I'm likely to be ultra picky with PS5 overall after being a super buyer on PS4. I don't care about full sets from any other "limited game companies" either - there are just too many games being produced, the wait times are long and some companies are doing shady shit, so it's harder to justify the money, trust and time required.

I'm probably going to let some LRG / "Limited" stinker games go in the future excluding what stinkers are found in the LRG Vita set. Unless I'm after a set I don't regret missing or letting games go and most LRG sets are just too big and without any concrete cut-off point for me to care. A full LRG set is just never-ending insanity anyways but since you are already so deep into some platform sets, I'm not sure if now is the time to drop the pursuit for those sets but then again that probably only eggs you on to keep going with any new platforms they put out and it's just gonna suck out the fun out of it and maybe other collecting also. I would personally get out of the set collecting, if the amount of money and effort required is becoming a source of worry and stress. It's kind of annoying even how far LRG milks some things like Shantae. I enjoyed collecting for a Shantae "set" but then suddenly there are random PAX exclusive things, random merch and same games on 4 different systems with Limited Editions repeating most of the contents between couple platforms and such, so I guess I'm not even a Shantae setter anymore - though at the end of the day only each unique game release really matters in a series and not every platform's version of them or extra items or swag editions, so in that sense it's not too big of a deal but still speaks of the bloat in the hobby and by extension my annoyance with it.

In other LRG news, I reserved a PS4 replacement disc for DOOM: The Classics Collection.