IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Doom 2016 ran pretty great on Switch.  The trick what panic button did to pull it off.  There's a combination of a few things Digital Foundry went into detail about years ago.  They did some dynamic resolution at various depths of the terrain from foreground to back to way back, playing with the lights in those distances too, only rendering what was needed at any time on screen, locking the fps at a consistent level, etc.  I have it, prefer using it for the handheld nature when the mood hits, and since that time panic button updated their engine/tools used on that Doom that were applied to this sequel so I expect to see it run as nice or nicer.

Not that much interesting at their event this year. Night Trap again? Come on.

Rendering Ranger R2 reprint is interesting to finally see happening, but it's honestly not a very good game.
EspGaluda 2 and DDP DFK are great news, but expected after they did Mushi. I might get both games, not sure - I already have the X360 releases which were cheaper than the new ones. I'm not sure this Esp2 release has anything the 360 one doesn't come with, but DFK comes with BL Arrange (aka Ketsuipachi) which I've always wanted to play, since it's been a JP exclusive until this release.

That sunset Riders knockoff looks like it could be interesting, but the people playing it in the trailer don't do a great job selling it 😛 

THE FULL LIST OF ANNOUNCED LIMITED RUN GAMES (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER):

Titles revealed during LRG3 2022 are scheduled for release in 2022 and 2023. Limited Run Games will offer more details and plans for each game in the coming weeks and months.

• Thanks 1

Seems they're starting to run out of good ideas, so they'll throw whatever crap at the wall and see what sticks with enough of those either by default or the laughable collectors stuff going into it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised Doom there is $60 despite being out years later, classy.  That entire list, I guess I feel great about it, TMNT Is it, which is good, other than waiting until 2023 to get it.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm in for DoDonPachi, that other Cave game, Powerslave, KoToR2, Doom Eternal, Blade Runner, Turtles (via retail), Konami Collection, Shadowrun, River City, possibly the FMV games, and maybe some other pending their reviews.

I was really wishing D was gonna be for Switch.  Someday I'll get and play through that game.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Seems they're starting to run out of good ideas, so they'll throw whatever crap at the wall and see what sticks with enough of those either by default or the laughable collectors stuff going into it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised Doom there is $60 despite being out years later, classy.  That entire list, I guess I feel great about it, TMNT Is it, which is good, other than waiting until 2023 to get it.

For sure. I feel like Espgaluda and Dodonpachi are getting deep in the line-up. I know those have like a cult following, but that's a deep cut.

So many re releases. I liked it better when they put out more games that didnt already have a physical release.  I will get dodonpachi and espgaluda cause shooters are always in demand and I will have to pay double if I want them later. Maybe the 3ds and and maybe doom64 just to get one xbox release

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

For sure. I feel like Espgaluda and Dodonpachi are getting deep in the line-up. I know those have like a cult following, but that's a deep cut.

Good point, eyes rolled right beyond those.  Shooters if I remember right, bullethell I think which is why I'd never touch the stuff.

At least the good ones, which is honestly a minority of them. Cave is (or used to be) top notch though, so those are obviously safe bets. 

It's funny considering how poorly those games usually sell when marketed towards a wide audience. The same Dodonpachi game was immediately available for $5 in bargain bins everywhere after the x360 version came out here. And this new switch release is AFAIK a direct source port of that 😄

Edited by Sumez

3 hours ago, 360collector said:

heheh shooter fans are dedicated though so its been a safe genre since day one for these limited companies

No doubt.  I'm more a normal shooter fan, where it's not 50% twitchy bullshit / 50% split second pattern memorization.  That's why I hate bullet hell, no fun in that at all, the closest I've come to and kept is Ikaruga (GC version) and I could let that one go if I got something fun in return at this rate.

I do think you're intentionally trying to misread my intent.

It was a dig at the extremes of it with bullethell.  And pattern recognition vs pattern memorization aren't quite the same.  I wouldn't put gradius, parodius, twinbee, 194x, aero fighters, blazing star, ghost pilots, captain tomaday, space megaforce, hudsons caravan collection(sfc) and others of the sort in the same category as a bullethell type of game.  You have some breathing room for play on those, not a lot, but some.