IGNORED

Limited Run Games

52 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Which version do you think will be harder to find? People are spreading the word on this pretty fast, even if LRG tries to make it sound like you “can’t/shouldn’t/don’t have to” send the game in if you already took your switch online many people seem ready to send it in. Also I think Best Buy didn’t get theirs yet so they may all be the fixed version 

Oh, definitely the mail in copy.  There are many LRG collectors that want sealed games, and unless they are returning sealed titles and not just carts/discs, I think for Switch the rarer one will be the update.

I'm sure a lot of people online are all for it, but there are also a lot of silent-player/collectors.  They hear the news of games like this, or even pick them up second-hand once they discover them on eBay and can care less about an update.

• Like 1

It's a sticky situation really, one would have had to I guess opened a sealed one to get the repacked fixed one sealed in return if it's sealed... or you send a sealed one in and they just don't care and mail another.

It probably could end up like the N64 Rage Wars gray cart situation.

Now that's what I call maintenance standards.  That was already down, makes you wonder what the hell happened to cause that.

And since it's the LRG thread...checked that DHL handoff, they think it'll be here the 15th, but they gave it to USPS already and they gave a 4 hours window for tomorrow.  Great, I want to read that book already. 🙂

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Now that's what I call maintenance standards.  That was already down, makes you wonder what the hell happened to cause that.

It is possible it was overloaded - but it is more likely that the cargo was improperly loaded/stowed - which is an important consideration for planes and ships.

Edited by Tabonga

Maybe when it came down something very heavy broke loose, caused a chain of stuff to move to a point where it centered on a weak enough space it just caused it to fold.  Either way it's amazing seeing that.

By the way the package arrived today, pretty nice contents to it with the steelbook, and the poster too.  But that book I was waiting on, that 30 over retail for it and the other tidbits is well well worth it.

Also Strife is on the block for shipping, it's in their facility but they're not packing it yet so it's on yellow about a week now.

Edited by Tanooki

LRG is on a roll - I just got 2 emails that Ikenfell and Riverbond will soon be on their way. That makes 4  games in a couple of weeks - maybe I just got lucky or they are actually working on their backlogs.  They also made it easier to look at your backlog when you log in - it used to just give you a list without listing the titles (you could see them by going into each line) - now they list the titles right up front.  Let's hope this is the start of better customer service.

Edited by Tabonga

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@Tabonga Yeah they are I guess, got an overnight email that Strife for Switch has shipped too.  Another odd DHL to USPS handoff in progress.

I noticed that everything on their Amazon store has a release date - my guess is that they are going to be more careful now since they are moving (at least partially) to a platform where they will get feedback.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Those are all distribution titles too, I think.  No LRG logo on the front.  So I guess they are able to plan those better?

the pre-orders I saw were closed at LRG - so I am guessing those are ones which were part of their numbers that weren't sold.

Edited by Tabonga

At least with their Amazon store they have picked up their game (as it were) - I ordered a copy of Thea for the switch this afternoon and I just got a tracking email that says it will be to me on Saturday.

I just noticed that the tracking I was given shows just USPS - and that it was originally supposed to be to me on Sunday - so they are apparently not using DHL for the Amazon store.

------------------------

If anyone else didn't get YS Origin for switch they have some at the Amazon store - they had 11 when i ordered one yesterday and now have 5 left.

Edited by Tabonga

17 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

How fun is Snow Bros?