IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Personally, I'd never consider going or collecting a full set of LRG stuff just because I'm not a modern collector, however I do 100% get the appeal for those that do.  However, I know myself well enough that if I had decided to do it earlier, I would have probably limited myself to only standard editions.  Some LEs look pretty cool but I what gets me is imagining the size of a full LE collection of LRG games, especially if you were buying Vita, PS4/5 and Switch titles, as well as the other "special" releases like N64 or GB carts.  That stuff would fill a house?!

But, something like a complete Switch set feels quite doable if you started from the beginning.  $35-40 a game, at a rate of about 2-3 a month being released isn't that bad with focus.  Add in the LEs though, and yes, that's throwing a LOT of money at games you may never even want to play and want to just be shelf-candy.  That's fine if you're a multi-millionaire with a massive gaming lair, but for most of us, that's just too much.

• Agree 1

Going for a full US or UK/US Switch set is going to be brutal if you missed a LRG or any of the others like SLG etc. I’d say keep at it if you’re going for a full set because some of these titles are crazy expensive now, if you aren’t then just grab what sounds interesting.

Maybe in the future people will consider the Switch a special niche 'set' of sets to really call complete.

The normal retail route, which would include LRG's Best Buy titles and SLG under their less sleazy ININ label on Amazon etc.  Then the mail order complete set which includes all that insane crap you had to be there within 30sec to 2 weeks to get of get screwed by a shark to acquire it.

I mean that really would logically make sense.  It's like how some are without fault on board calling the NES set complete either at just licensed games, or the set that came out in the era licensed or not, within the US, without dispute, up through Warios Woods.  Others like fcgamer, myself, various others in the minority would include the Sachen stuff proven to have a US/western release that piss full set people off because it shatters their dream of being finished so therefore it doesn't exist.

Seems to parallel that pretty well in more ways than not.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe in the future people will consider the Switch a special niche 'set' of sets to really call complete.

The normal retail route, which would include LRG's Best Buy titles and SLG under their less sleazy ININ label on Amazon etc.  Then the mail order complete set which includes all that insane crap you had to be there within 30sec to 2 weeks to get of get screwed by a shark to acquire it.

I mean that really would logically make sense.  It's like how some are without fault on board calling the NES set complete either at just licensed games, or the set that came out in the era licensed or not, within the US, without dispute, up through Warios Woods.  Others like fcgamer, myself, various others in the minority would include the Sachen stuff proven to have a US/western release that piss full set people off because it shatters their dream of being finished so therefore it doesn't exist.

Seems to parallel that pretty well in more ways than not.

I guess so. But online is way more standard these days so to not include the LRG full release seems weird to me. It's an online retail store and it sold the games, although unfortunately only for a set time.

People will probably make some crazy excuses up like they do for other sets but I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a game in a store so I don't think the normal retail route applies to a lot of people.

Then you get into the whole thing of what is a retail store. I don't even have a Best Buy in my country and Amazon is an online retail store. Physical game stores are dying (at least here they are) and EB games sells more useless junk than games these days.

But if people aren't going for a full set then they don't really need to think about those things, just grab what they want and enjoy.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, but they're also not really retail either in the regular sense, it's more of an equal of like an in town pop up boutique shop with a limited supply of goods, and when that's it, you're screwed.  Sure they have product codes, and they have a sealed package and all that, but they're not truly retail where you can go to a number of offline and online places and grab it either.  It's so very gray area it would make sense.  Sachen was like that, a few random pop ups here and there in weird stores, same with AVE and others due to Nintendo scare tactics.  There are similarities.

I was just trying to point out there is sense in down the line people drawing a line in the sand just as they do now in very divisive ways about the NES.  Same crap, different decade.

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I was just trying to point out there is sense in down the line people drawing a line in the sand just as they do now in very divisive ways about the NES.  Same crap, different decade.

This I can 100% agree with. I have no doubt that people will be trying to come up with some crazy excuses why such and such doesn't count. I'm sure they're probably already arguing about it on Reddit 🤣

• Agree 1

I'd count on it, and I think it's an actual legitimate case far more than crapping on 90s unlicensed games, because they went to retail, whatever form it was, nationally.  They didn't just have two weeks only Afterburner by Tengen at Target only for $40.

LRG and the rest have created a shitty situation of retail but not, it's a minimal window FOMO orgy of retail but not because it's not really available for everyone at any reasonable time especially if you aren't aware or don't do online shopping.  It's just a disaster.

Administrator · Posted
44 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'd count on it, and I think it's an actual legitimate case far more than crapping on 90s unlicensed games, because they went to retail, whatever form it was, nationally.  They didn't just have two weeks only Afterburner by Tengen at Target only for $40.

LRG and the rest have created a shitty situation of retail but not, it's a minimal window FOMO orgy of retail but not because it's not really available for everyone at any reasonable time especially if you aren't aware or don't do online shopping.  It's just a disaster.

It's anti-consumer, pro fomo hype. 

• Agree 3

This isn't something that is coming.  People have been trying to argue ways to exclude LRG (and similar publishers) from the set for several years now.  I've even seen arguments here already.  At the end of the day, people want to say they have a full set, but it's a lot easier and cheaper to make arguments about what doesn't count than it is to actually get those games  

Well I’m a bit surprised I’m getting these this “fast” but my Axiom Verge 2 and copy of Axiom Verge OST on LP is shipped and I have tracking.  I really expected this to ship in the late-fall.

Axiom Verge 2 will be my next game to knock out for the backlog challenge!

On 5/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, Ausden said:

Received my Axiom Verge 1 & 2 double pack but surprised the guidebook didn’t ship at it around the same time.

I already beat AV2 digital. Missed Axiom Verge 2 Physical preorder, I’ll be headed to LRG retail store to pick up a copy soon

Edited by phart010

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda pissed at Gamestop. I ordered Pocky and Rocky ntsc so I can enjoy the game while I wait for the CE. These f@#$ers listed the release date as 5.29.22, then they moved it to 5.31.22. Went to pick it up today and they said it won't be out until 6.24.22.

I could have ordered it from Play Asia like a month ago, and on top of that I think Play Asia raised the price.