IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Here is the switch one - the pc one appears to have the same bonus stuff.

SamandMaxSavetheWorld_Mockup_Market_Banner_CE_SWITCH_600x.png.40b29574e9c0d000231fa9656b31ab4a.png

Yeah, I'm really curious what exactly is on the "special features DVD" - I actually asked LRG about it when this first came out, and they basically said they don't know. I mean, they worded it in the usual jargon "we're constantly updating...blah blah blah" so anyway, I want to know 🙂

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Yeah, I'm really curious what exactly is on the "special features DVD" - I actually asked LRG about it when this first came out, and they basically said they don't know. I mean, they worded it in the usual jargon "we're constantly updating...blah blah blah" so anyway, I want to know 🙂

1865961296_download(30).jpeg.94a6fb5a0df056b7c7ae3201dfe153fa.jpeg

• Like 1

They pulled that same gov't spy level bs language with me when I asked about the contents of the Castlevania CD.  Given it was like +20 over the standard I rolled the dice, it's a good disc thankfully but it aggravated me they supposedly had no idea what they were selling?  If that's true, it speaks a lot of their ethics and interest in what they're selling.

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

They pulled that same gov't spy level bs language with me when I asked about the contents of the Castlevania CD.  Given it was like +20 over the standard I rolled the dice, it's a good disc thankfully but it aggravated me they supposedly had no idea what they were selling?  If that's true, it speaks a lot of their ethics and interest in what they're selling.

I wonder if they leave the contents to whomever they are licensing the physical games from and take a cut of the increased prices whilst giving the rest to the owners of the rights.   Knowing how they operate they probably don't front the money for the production of the physical items. They apparently don't have exclusive rights to that stuff since at least the journal for The Return of the Obra Dinn turned up for sale at Fangamer.  Which would explain why they don't know details of those items.

Anyone notice Unpacking on LRG.  First I've seen that title.  They'll try to make a game centered around any topic.  I shuttered seeing that.  I mean, unboxing and shelving a gaming collection is fun, but I've loathed moving and packing/unpacking every time I've had to do it.  What next Unpacking 2: Let's Wash Dishes?!

4 minutes ago, RH said:

Anyone notice Unpacking on LRG.  First I've seen that title.  They'll try to make a game centered around any topic.  I shuttered seeing that.  I mean, unboxing and shelving a gaming collection is fun, but I've loathed moving and packing/unpacking every time I've had to do it.  What next Unpacking 2: Let's Wash Dishes?!

Obviously designed to appeal to those with OCD.

I got an email from them shortly ago.

They're opening a retail store.

This store has I guess most/all their previous releases, so they never either cleared out all their games, a note at the bottom says they don't reprint.  I wish they'd grow up and start reprinting, screw the collectors, the have good stuff you get hosed on trying to buy after the fact.

Guess that's nice if you're in driving distance into NC to get something, but if not...ugh.  Over 800 games and merch around their past library.  Seems it'll be a used game shop too, they have a deal if you trade in X value in stuff, you'll get some exclusive trading card and an item from the store.

That would be the place to go to find that missed title which is kind of shitty, if they don't offer it up to the public at large who aren't graced with the great luck of living near by.  It opens up April 30th.

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/limited-run-retail-celebrates-its-grand-opening-with-an-epic-event-on-april-30th-in-north-carolina?utm_source=Limited Run Games Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Tuesday Newsletter 3%2F29 | Unpacking (Sezzle) (R8ruHG)&_kx=BMq8moBoONtcf_q4dAjqJOirs2CJ0P7MGqQqw7SM53Q%3D.UsXyyC

This is just out of reach for me.  I'm almost 3 hours away from the store.  Man, I'd love to drive up there though.

They also need to post some photos.  Seriously, it's tomorrow so they have to be setup already.  I noticed they are also taking in trades (as you mentioned).  I'm guessing they are going to be basically a used game retailer, but with a high focus on LRG.  Smart move because I doubt their back inventory alone could sustain a retail space.

I wonder what the stock of the store is going to be like, since anything interesting would be sold out immediately. So is it just going to be a store of all the LRG games no one wants? I don't get it 🤪

I'll be at the opening just cause I live down the street so I might as well get my SUPER LIMITED WHATEVER THEY HAVE 🤑 The last event they had I showed up like a half hour late and was there literally all day, so I will either wake up on time or not go this time.

You know that crossed my mind.  I'm sure they could stock all the releases they come out with in mass like they do with Best Buy, and all their lame endless merch along with the games they do stock with publishers permanently to buy.  That could fill at least a moderate sized rack, that's all, game wise.  The other bs with the toys, clothes, whatever, some they could easily re-print as it won't threaten the collection princesses who lord their preorder window gems with 3+ figure sales asks.

I just wonder because they do have the ability to print large amounts of stuff in a timely fashion for best buy, will they give the store the same premium?  If that's so, will they finally make things right for the buyers who pre-pay online for stuff with nebulous idiotic windows they never keep their promises on?

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You know that crossed my mind.  I'm sure they could stock all the releases they come out with in mass like they do with Best Buy, and all their lame endless merch along with the games they do stock with publishers permanently to buy.  That could fill at least a moderate sized rack, that's all, game wise.  The other bs with the toys, clothes, whatever, some they could easily re-print as it won't threaten the collection princesses who lord their preorder window gems with 3+ figure sales asks.

I just wonder because they do have the ability to print large amounts of stuff in a timely fashion for best buy, will they give the store the same premium?  If that's so, will they finally make things right for the buyers who pre-pay online for stuff with nebulous idiotic windows they never keep their promises on?

LRG has always ordered extra copies of their own releases and partner releases to sell at conferences. Pre-COVID it was typical for them to do pop-up stores and booths at events and sell this stock. The past couple years, their available stock for blowout sales was higher than in the past since they couldn’t do these events (at least as far as I could tell). I expect they will stock up more on future releases for their physical store. I do not expect that they will have any copies of their earliest releases.

@MiamiSlice That's the most likely of cases with them.  Just makes me frustrated and annoyed they take advantage of us who preorder stuff then let junk slide and play the angle of you'll get it...eventually like they can't do them in larger consistent numbers.  Yet they can push larger consistent numbers when it goes to a big box retailer which makes me really question it a lot.

I've already shoo'd off one buy I wanted from due to all the bs with the slipping of dates for no logical reason.  What really set me off is the NGPC collection that slid twice.  In that time Pix n Love got their package figured out, solid, and shipped both a standard release and upper tiers with far more fluff in the box than LRG did.  I'm on a NGPC and a SNK group on facebook and I see images daily for weeks now of it and it gets me angry.  I know when I wrote Jeremy Parish last year when it went up for pre-order asking him about how the book was (to decide if I wanted in) he had it done, it was published, and ready to go.  So that shouldn't be what is holding up LRG on the NGPC package... I really would love to know what the hell there deal is on that.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, avatar! said:

I got my copy today - the back of the dvd says:

"Relive the production of Sam & Max Season One, 2007 Style - by watching a DVD packed full of behind-the-scenes goodies made by game's original development team. (Yep, this is a video DVD that you watch on your TV.)"

On the disc:

Original Trailers & Cutscenes
Hours of Commentary Tracks
18 Time-Wasting Machinama Shorts
Blooper Reel

Edited by Tabonga
  • Thanks 1