IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Good looking out. Just a small heads-up, Cotton Fantasy Collector's Edition is priced at $39.35 which I'm certain is an error but if they will honor it... good deal. 

Lolz - I ordered two. I actually want the jntsc one because I think Rock N' Roll is a better name.

9 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Good looking out. Just a small heads-up, Cotton Fantasy Collector's Edition is priced at $39.35 which I'm certain is an error but if they will honor it... good deal. 

I found it googling part of your sentence, still is at that price too with 3 1/2 hours remaining.

I'm tempted but with all the ugly lag issues the games seem to have had I question it.  Still the non-game parts, the toy, the cup, the music, etc are pretty nice items for basically free given the game price.

Just now, Californication said:

First I am hearing of lag. Schmup junkie gave it a pretty solid review.

I think it was the 2nd one SLG put out.  Reboot was fine, then the second one supposedly was bad enough to be really noticed and they had tried patching it I guess since.

But if this one is ok, probably be already to snap up on Switch then.  I also saw the reboot is up on Steam now too, but it's got a $45 price tag which feels a bit steep.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think it was the 2nd one SLG put out.  Reboot was fine, then the second one supposedly was bad enough to be really noticed and they had tried patching it I guess since.

But if this one is ok, probably be already to snap up on Switch then.  I also saw the reboot is up on Steam now too, but it's got a $45 price tag which feels a bit steep.

Oh yeah, the Triple Pack with 2 Cotton games had issues. Fantasy/Rock N Roll is supposed to be a pretty solid new title. A little on the easier side, but there is a supposed to be a lot of characters/content.

Reboot had a jntsc and western release so the prices should come down. I haven't picked one up yet either.

Edited by Californication

Just now, Californication said:

Oh yeah, the Triple Pack with 2 Cotton games had issues. Fantasy/Rock N Roll is supposed to be a pretty solid new title. A little on the easier side, but there is a supposed to be a lot of characters/content.

Ahh so that like cotton2/saturn whatever it was ended up being the defective title.

I never did grab reboot but it's everywhere now, and it's like a remaster I suppose of the original which I have on my Astro City Mini, but still given what it is, it would be worth looking into.  Honestly (and sadly) I miss when I used to own the old game on my Turbo CD and NGPC, both now are maddeningly expensive, though a loose copy of the SFC title I had too isn't bad ($80~)  Panorama Cotton though outside of a bootleg for $20 is ridiculous too an extreme.

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Ahh so that like cotton2/saturn whatever it was ended up being the defective title.

I never did grab reboot but it's everywhere now, and it's like a remaster I suppose of the original which I have on my Astro City Mini, but still given what it is, it would be worth looking into.  Honestly (and sadly) I miss when I used to own the old game on my Turbo CD and NGPC, both now are maddeningly expensive, though a loose copy of the SFC title I had too isn't bad ($80~)  Panorama Cotton though outside of a bootleg for $20 is ridiculous too an extreme.

Would also recommend Rolling Gunner. I think it's probably close to a top 5 shmup on the PS4 for me

6 minutes ago, Californication said:

Would also recommend Rolling Gunner. I think it's probably close to a top 5 shmup on the PS4 for me

I'll look into it, no ps4 here, just Switch+PC.  Given (weirdly) the regular and big box version of Cotton Fantasy costs the same, I grabbed the big one with the fun extras.  I miss the series, might as well try and get back into it.  I can't on NGPC not insane, stupid...deranged enough to drop $1000+ on that. 😕

Also snapped up Reboot off of Amazon while I was at it, seems I got in under the buzzer, says I'll have it tomorrow afternoon.  We shall see. 🙂

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 9:22 PM, avatar! said:

I think this is just their blind-box - per the website:

Games have been packed out in three tiers with equal amounts of each game in each tier - your chances to get a game at that tier are as follows:

• Common (63% of boxes): Grandia HD, Arc of Alchemist, Samurai Jack, Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Night Trap, Holy Potatoes, VA-11 HALL-A, Ion Fury, Shantae, Forgotton Anne, Falconeer, Return of the Obra Dinn, DOOM 64, Turok, Turok 2, Billion Road, Death End Re;Quest, Sea of Solitude, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Battle Axe, PixelJunk Eden 2, Golf Story, Dark Devotion, Chasm, Mercenaries Wings, AVICII, Wizard of Legend, Star Wars: Racer, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Corpse Killer, Streets of Rage 4, Black Bird 
  • Uncommon (24% of boxes): Furi, Jedi Outcast, Panzer Dragoon, Dark Crystal, realMyst, Cthulhu Saves Christmas, The Red Strings Club, Vitamin Connection, Mummy Demastered, Tiny Metal Ultimate, Carrion, Ms. Splosion Man, Ape Out, Heave Ho, Blazing Chrome, Pikuniku, SuperEpic, Divinity II Definitive Edition
  • Rare (13% of boxes):  The House in Fata Morgana, Megadimension Neptunia VII, Stranger Things 3: The Game, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Outlast, Outlast II, The Messenger, Jedi Academy, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Crossing Souls, Saturday Morning RPG, River City Girls, Blasphemous, RUINER, Battle Princess Madelyn, Mighty Switch Force Collection, Shantae Half-Genie Hero, Blossom Tales, Swords of Ditto, Shadowgate, Blaster Master Zero, Blaster Master Zero 2, Flinthook, PixelJunk Monsters 2, TowerFall, Layers of Fear, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, Brigandine, Danmaku Unlimited 3, Dragon's Lair Trilogy, Iconoclasts, Freedom Planet, Dust, Thimbleweed Park

Due to the random nature of these items - no returns or exchanges are accepted, all sales are final. We can not take requests for specific titles because we do not know what is in each blind box.

WARNING: This item is limited to 35 per customer.

I Bought five during the sale thinking okay I’ll get something decent. I also picked up the three available Shantae games. Got the blind boxes today. Two were not LRG numbered games, Holy Potatoes and Death End. The other three were numbered games but all three were the Shantae games I had bought at the same time. That’s right, I now own two copies of Shantae, Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae: Riskey’s Revenge. Complete waste of nearly $200. 

If anyone wants/needs this stuff it’s all available. Willing to trade for pretty much any other titles. 

Edited by Jmbarnes101
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

I Bought five during the sale thinking okay I’ll get something decent. I also picked up the three available Shantae games. Got the blind boxes today. Two were not LRG numbered games, Holy Potatoes and Death End. The other three were numbered games but all three were the Shantae games I had bought at the same time. That’s right, I now own two copies of Shantae, Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae: Riskey’s Revenge. Complete waste of nearly $200. 

If anyone wants/needs this stuff it’s all available. Willing to trade for pretty much any other titles. 

Heh - they robbed you blind!

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Oof.

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

This is why I'd never order that shit.  If I want Furi I'd just buy it.

Hah we were discussing this earlier ago...like I said then, if you have any luck with the email and given their own mismanagement sent doubles of games you bought non-blind in the same order, and they allow replacements great.  But if not let me know and I could probably take them off you as I've never played the things before.  I just have the GBC cart they re-issued and I do know as rough as that game is, these are far more fluid and better designed all around.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

I bought 20 because I like to be a degenerate sometimes. Figured I would at least get a few from the rare tier. Turns out, nope, I got 20 commons. No duplicates, and a few games I didn't already have, but LOL. Here's the haul: 

https://imgur.com/a/x5OdABc

On the other hand, the first box I opened had a 1/1 printing plate for a Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back card so that's cool... it's worth a couple hundred at least. 

• Like 1

That's no bad common or not.  I'd have been pleased having a reason to try out Forgotton Anne, but also those 2 Turoks (especially #1), and Ion Fury would be nice.  A few others I have already like Golf Story and Doom, some I would ditch again (SOR4) seeing it's on other services and there more likely to get actually used.  That's largely what I do with Switch stuff, is it on GoG/Steam?  Y/N would I be more likely to use it long term and on not on the Switch.  Depending, then I click. 😉  I wish Valis Collection had a PC port but it's just switch and worse only they had it in english which sucks...waiting game.

49 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I love how Golf Story is common, but one of the Jedi Knight games is "rare.". Nevermind the $20 2-pack rerelease.

Anyone want to buy my "rare" Jedi Knight box set for the going rate? 🤣

Lol. It’s rare in their warehouse not like rare on the secondhand market!

I finally finally got word my game and book for the NGPC collection are in the mail as of an oddly timed 430am~ email they strangely sent twice.  DHL got it, but then they were to just hand it off to the USPS which is weird I guess.  I can't wait to read that book.

16 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Very interesting.  I wonder how many people will do this, and I could see this being the most expensive/collectible Switch game due to this.

2 hours ago, RH said:

Very interesting.  I wonder how many people will do this, and I could see this being the most expensive/collectible Switch game due to this.

Which version do you think will be harder to find? People are spreading the word on this pretty fast, even if LRG tries to make it sound like you “can’t/shouldn’t/don’t have to” send the game in if you already took your switch online many people seem ready to send it in. Also I think Best Buy didn’t get theirs yet so they may all be the fixed version