IGNORED

Limited Run Games

40 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

LRG is partnering with 8-4 (a translation group?) to form a new limited print company for CERO rated games. Called Superdeluxe Games

Hum dee dum... ignore the artifacts but this is 100% legit.

image.png.d9b3c18c047add6311bb4eadb37ffb17.png

(Apologies to @OptOut's art style.)

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Brickman said:

It will be interesting to see how they go.

It’s pretty extensive work doing translations. The only games that would really sell well are RPGs and VNs. Both have a crazy amount of text.

I can imagine the translation games will be a lot more pricier than LRGs other games. 

What about shmups?  I'd throw them on the list.  I'm not sure if a lot of those are still made (as new games) but if they are, I definitely think there's a market for it.

Anyway, I think a tougher issue for them will be censorship.  I mean, maybe they won't censor content, but when it comes to a cost/benefit analysis, it's probably going to make a lot more financial sense to make some changes to get a rated MA release, rather than an AO.

If many of these games are in English, they probably could be released with no updates to the ROMs, except maybe some copyright details.

17 minutes ago, RH said:

What about shmups?  I'd throw them on the list.  I'm not sure if a lot of those are still made (as new games) but if they are, I definitely think there's a market for it.

Anyway, I think a tougher issue for them will be censorship.  I mean, maybe they won't censor content, but when it comes to a cost/benefit analysis, it's probably going to make a lot more financial sense to make some changes to get a rated MA release, rather than an AO.

If many of these games are in English, they probably could be released with no updates to the ROMs, except maybe some copyright details.

A SHMUP doesn’t need to be translated though. I’m pretty sure all the SHMUPs released on the Switch in Japan are available in US/UK versions and if not then getting the Japanese version is fine because you just go through one or two menus and you’d be good to go.

Good point about censorship. Some RPGs and VNs are definitely going to need some work to pass as MA.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Does anyone know what day Arcade PAradise went on sale on LRG? It's not listed and I can't seem to figure it out. 

Arcade Paradise ($29.99 USD) distributed through LRG Pre-Orders open at 12 PM EST on June 28th will remain open for a limited time.

• Thanks 1

Wow no Switch release on DOTT???  That's pretty offensive all things considered, at least there's a PC box.  Stupid just like all the SNK releases only for PS4...why??  Those Neo-Geo games track far better as switch sales.

Edited by Tanooki

32 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow no Switch release on DOTT???  That's pretty offensive all things considered, at least there's a PC box.  Stupid just like all the SNK releases only for PS4...why??  Those Neo-Geo games track far better as switch sales.

With any luck Iam8Bit will pick it up like they did with Grim Fandango for the Switch

• Like 1