IGNORED

Limited Run Games

50 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Coming up on a year since I purchased. Annnny day now.

image.png.db47b9d7a85ff727c9ae9a6bf1799736.png

Also sucks I can buy Scott Pilgrim on Ebay for a fraction of what I initially paid, and I still don't have it lol. 

I recently cancelled my order for Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World and Umihara Kawase BaZooka CE's from SLG (which was like $200 USD combined) and ordered the US standard releases from Amazon which had been available for months at that point and came out to about $60 combined because I was just so tired of waiting. My order was sitting unfulfilled for an entire year by the time I cancelled it. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I recently cancelled my order for Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World and Umihara Kawase BaZooka CE's from SLG (which was like $200 USD combined) and ordered the US standard releases from Amazon which had been available for months at that point and came out to about $60 combined because I was just so tired of waiting. My order was sitting unfulfilled for an entire year by the time I cancelled it. 

SLG is very self sabotaging.  I really at times do not understand why they even exist.  I think it was someone on here who did the digging, but SLG is a puppet front for a larger company that has 2 gaming outlets, them, and ININ you see on Amazon.

It's like you get the honor to pay them up front (yeah you can get a refund) and loan them money for months into year(s) and get NOTHING.  Then eventually it quietly appears up on amazon on their ININ label while still holding onto your money until you request a refund.  Maybe they hope someone won't notice and just get free money as people forget after so long.

Given what happened with me and their first Cotton 100% release, I lost interest in the game.  Then seeing it and later Cotton games had bad input lag issues ruining your ability to respond, I just see no reason to really trust supporting them at all anymore until someone else can pick apart the defects and hopefully get it fixed first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkTone said:

FIW2fiXXIAMJKXm.jpeg.jpg

Have to say, this is super disappointing.

Soundtrack is just a "selection" which is lame - for the price you should get the complete soundtrack from both games.

No artbook nor anything in-depth, just a bunch of kitsch stuff such as the pin etc.

I don't even know what the point is of the "save point coffin box" - does it hold everything else?

If this had something truly special, such as if it was signed by Iga, or some of the artists, I would be happy with that. But it's not. This is an easy pass for me.

• Like 1

*Death's Door pre-orders close Friday.*

I think my buying bug is slowing down.

I feel like I should probably buy the following games and haven't ordered any of them yet.

The first three look decent, but not sure if I'll like them:

-Death's Door

- Record of Lodoss War (western)

-Infernmax (european)

These two do not have limited releases and I have a backlog so there's no rush:

- Cotton Rock N' Roll 

- Illmatic Envelope + Radirgy Swag

That lovely classic set of PCE based Valis games (1-3) pop up on Switch tomorrow on the site.

I have to remember to research that one, it's already out in asian regions that do english copies.  Buy there, wait a week or two, buy from LRG and see it sometime in summer or fall.  Tough call. 😉

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 1:47 AM, cartman said:

How come that games will only be released for Switch? I've seen it multiple times by now.

I believe it comes down purely to the Switch dominating in Japan and the Japanese devs not wanting to put resources into other ports.

No PC-Engine CD Valis IV in the collection, which is odd since these are all the PC-Engine versions in this collection.

• 2 weeks later...

@LeatherRebel5150 Wow now look at that.  I have to admit I'm kind of surprised they haven't done it before now given how they are about stuff, plus they do(did?) peddle through Best Buy too.  They're hardly limited run anymore, they're more in name given they seem to have some pretty large reach for their humble roots.  I'm seeing a few items for sale now that they were pushing during that once a year sale last month.  Maybe they didn't clear them all or held some for that.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@LeatherRebel5150 Wow now look at that.  I have to admit I'm kind of surprised they haven't done it before now given how they are about stuff, plus they do(did?) peddle through Best Buy too.  They're hardly limited run anymore, they're more in name given they seem to have some pretty large reach for their humble roots.  I'm seeing a few items for sale now that they were pushing during that once a year sale last month.  Maybe they didn't clear them all or held some for that.

I, for one, am glad they pivoted but they are limited run in the since that they give their buyers a purchase window.  If you miss it, you missed it.  Period.

This is much better because I recall when the runs were legit limited to a couple thousand and I would never even try for that stuff because scalpers suuuuuuck.  Now, however, you can actually enjoy these games so long as you keep the funds to make a purchase within the month the games are available.

Other companies will print and print and print games until it's no longer profitable.  The difference between the two is definitely "limited" on LRGs side.

• Agree 1

Anyone received their copy of Quake yet?  I ordered mine with Strife and it's saying it'll ship in Q2.  Also, I ordered Axiom Verge 2 with the Axiom Verge soundtrack vinyl.  From previous experience, which tends to take longer to produce, the vinyls or the games?