IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I'm not going there beyond this, sumez covered it with the cab but RH is right.

I was surprised to get an email the other night, Doom collection did in fact ship for Switch too for LRG, so now it's floating around from a DHL to USPS handoff right on pace with the VB works book too.  Kind of weird they didn't just ship them together almost, but also weird they have the NGPC collection w/book still rotting in the warehouse it's like WTF mail it already.

21 hours ago, Driftwood said:

I show the company support any time i can... I don’t need to purchase this in order to play it, but will purchase it...

and the mini cab.

5B17A355-7A4D-4882-B754-E3A7579F1000.jpeg

I love these tiny PCBs.

They are expensive, so I only got the three, but in my opinion these are some of the best games Cave ever put out

Rct5Hd3.jpg

5 hours ago, Californication said:

It'd be better if they had a book with just the good games. They could probably get that to work in a pocket book.

I bought this because I do plan to collect these games in a couple years when ps4 bottoms out. There will definitely be a handful that hold value but I'm betting most limited run ps4 games will be reasonable for a while when ps4 gets dirt cheap.

10 hours ago, ConfusedCollector said:

I bought this because I do plan to collect these games in a couple years when ps4 bottoms out. There will definitely be a handful that hold value but I'm betting most limited run ps4 games will be reasonable for a while when ps4 gets dirt cheap.

Play Asia has a bunch of their limited b level shmups for $15 right now. Rive looks okay.

Hah, I guess I missed that there was discussion a few pages back about this...

On 9/30/2021 at 10:11 PM, Sumez said:

does anyone really like Axiom Verge that much? 🤣

Yep. It's a wonderful game. The lore is really fascinating and gameplay is genuinely a good time. I wouldn't say I love it as much as Metroid but it definitely has character to it that I appreciate.

3 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Anyone grab this beauty? Pre-orders ended the other day. Even has mini figures!

1165510376_ScreenShot2021-11-01at4_26_34PM.png.84131f2888f84ac28d3f1fb674d749b7.png

That is pretty sweet, but I ended up just getting the game. I'm not (yet) a fan, so I figured I'd rather just play the games and see what I think. I believe I'll very much enjoy them, but still decided to pass on this huge and pricey set. Honestly, there are so many great games being released by LRG these days...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

That is pretty sweet, but I ended up just getting the game. I'm not (yet) a fan, so I figured I'd rather just play the games and see what I think. I believe I'll very much enjoy them, but still decided to pass on this huge and pricey set. Honestly, there are so many great games being released by LRG these days...

Totally fair. I don't go waist deep on bundles like this until I can really appreciate the game. In this case I splurged, to say the least. 🙂 

In general, I've gotten way more LRG items this year. They're killin it. 

• Like 1

@Sumez FYI, Strictly Limited just announced a Western release of Deathsmiles I & II. It looks like it will be shipping in March, which is several months after the Japanese (English) release, which ships in December.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

Edited by Philosoraptor

26 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

@Sumez FYI, Strictly Limited just announced a Western release of Deathsmiles I & II. It looks like it will be shipping in March, which is several months after the Japanese (English) release, which ships in December.

Yeah March 2025 more like it with those guys.

I'm still waiting on my Cotton Reboot from them, I would have cancelled by now but I got the DX68000 special edition. Was meant to receive it in Feb, then July and now apparently December.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

image.png.11e2ff0d32407f9bf5c53da67e176792.png

Anyone played this by DLC?  Looks interesting.  I don't need another LRG order in my que, but I'm a sucker for space shooters.  Worth a purchase?  Also, how long did it take you to beat it?  Details on the Time To Beat site don't seem to be solid.  They are all over the place.

Edited by RH

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Looks like LRG first N64 title! A good one I think, especially considering that an authentic N64 cartridge is hundreds of dollars! The collector's edition is pricey ($90) but includes the soundtrack which is sweet 🙂

worms-armageddon-n-64-se-2png-460x.webp

Yeah, but the cart is flesh toned...

dumb and dumber dry heave GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RH said:

image.png.11e2ff0d32407f9bf5c53da67e176792.png

Anyone played this by DLC?  Looks interesting.  I don't need another LRG order in my que, but I'm a sucker for space shooters.  Worth a purchase?  Also, how long did it take you to beat it?  Details on the Time To Beat site don't seem to be solid.  They are all over the place.

IT did to me too, but now I'm reading steam reviews, and it's mixed.  Why?  The press videos and descriptions leave out something that seem to piss off half the reviewers.  IT looks like a Wing Commander/Tie fighter style space combat shooter but instead it's Starfox, it's a slow moving rail shooter.  You're required to do what it wants, when it wants, or you get to re-do the stage again.  I can't see popping $30 on that, and it seems the game started out as an Apple Arcade phone game ported up to PC/Console, so off sale you can get it full price for $10 elsewhere.  Might be worth trying before losing money unless you're an LRG hoarder.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, Philosoraptor said:

I definitely want this.  I'm still waiting for a copy of darius on genesis I ordered over a year ago...