IGNORED

Limited Run Games

You know time for a vent because I honestly don't understand what the hell their problem is in this specific case.

Did anyone here get the NGPC collection from LRG?  They've so far still not shipped it, and delayed it twice.

The reason I'm asking I was thinking maybe it's related to the mid-grade sized one I did because I wanted Jeremy Parish's Neo Geo MVS/NGPC book that was only getting one run for this and that's it.  Well back last year I wrote him about it, and he had already finished the book and they had it good to go.  Now we're into March, and PIX N LOVE has got their game out and with a big heap of extras too, both that and the stand alone are in peoples hands from the mail.  So what's the goddamn excuse?!  Why are they so terrible at making dates when the materials are already together?

Are they just consistently biting off more than they can handle with multiple games a week then all the layer of added mid-week etc merch they're peddling too in masse?  Do they maybe need to check themselves and perhaps lay off the preorders and other bs ever other week or maybe for a month to catch up?  I mean something has to give because their dates are widening more and more from when I started buying their stuff before the dumb virus.  Anything I have in the queue from them now (Valis aside) has been delayed once...didn't have the delays before hand.

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You know time for a vent because I honestly don't understand what the hell their problem is in this specific case.

Did anyone here get the NGPC collection from LRG?  They've so far still not shipped it, and delayed it twice.

The reason I'm asking I was thinking maybe it's related to the mid-grade sized one I did because I wanted Jeremy Parish's Neo Geo MVS/NGPC book that was only getting one run for this and that's it.  Well back last year I wrote him about it, and he had already finished the book and they had it good to go.  Now we're into March, and PIX N LOVE has got their game out and with a big heap of extras too, both that and the stand alone are in peoples hands from the mail.  So what's the goddamn excuse?!  Why are they so terrible at making dates when the materials are already together?

Are they just consistently biting off more than they can handle with multiple games a week then all the layer of added mid-week etc merch they're peddling too in masse?  Do they maybe need to check themselves and perhaps lay off the preorders and other bs ever other week or maybe for a month to catch up?  I mean something has to give because their dates are widening more and more from when I started buying their stuff before the dumb virus.  Anything I have in the queue from them now (Valis aside) has been delayed once...didn't have the delays before hand.

I think one of the biggest hurdles is (and I may be wrong) that they don’t invest in their shipping dept. Im sure Ive read somewhere that it was only a handful of part time people. Im sure there are other areas that they could use more/better people. They seem terrible at logistics overall 

• Sad 1

My issue with LRG (and Panini for that matter) is that they keep promoting and selling games while their backlog for getting games delivered to paying customers is so lengthy. My last purchase, Castlevania, took eight months to arrive. While the games are great and all, I just wont support this kind of business practice anymore.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I think one of the biggest hurdles is (and I may be wrong) that they don’t invest in their shipping dept. Im sure Ive read somewhere that it was only a handful of part time people. Im sure there are other areas that they could use more/better people. They seem terrible at logistics overall 

Ugh, yeah I'd agree with that.  It does sound vaguely familiar that they hand do this, which is fine when you're more of a smaller operation say like handheldlegend does for gameboy parts and even they in the last year got business enough to get a setup going now with a few people to handle all the logistics and times improved.  This probably is the entire issue, inventory intake, outtake, and processing which LRG seems to be an epic failure at.

1 hour ago, The Count said:

My issue with LRG (and Panini for that matter) is that they keep promoting and selling games while their backlog for getting games delivered to paying customers is so lengthy. My last purchase, Castlevania, took eight months to arrive. While the games are great and all, I just wont support this kind of business practice anymore.

I'm right on the edge with that.  I've been NOT ordering stuff from them because of this for some months now.  I only changed my tune with the Valis Collection because the copy of it out of the asia region didn't have an english language option which was uniquely different and strange as they almost always do so.  In that case aggravatingly I bit my tongue and clicked buy assuming those twits won't have it shipped until probably between summer and christmas because they just don't care to fix their mess but make it worse.

That's why I called out the NGPC one, that was ordered in May of 2021 and delayed twice.  August is Quake which is delayed since that was Q4.  October was Strife, that got delayed as well.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I don’t know if this has just started or if I just noticed, but they ( LRG)are default adding extra shipping insurance for $0.98 on your order.  So keep an eye out you have to uncheck the box if you don’t want it

It started with the site remodel 2 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I don't even know what's all in my queue right now.

Castlevania Anniv. and Requiem, Quake, Strife, Axiom Verge, Double Dragon, Zombies, Dusk, Mushi, AVGN, Crysis 2 and 3, Shadow Man, Terra, Ender Lilies, River City Zero, KoToR, and God knows what else.

That's all small potatoes compared to the wait for Turrican from Strictly Limited 🤣

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I don't even know what's all in my queue right now.

Castlevania Anniv. and Requiem, Quake, Strife, Axiom Verge, Double Dragon, Zombies, Dusk, Mushi, AVGN, Crysis 2 and 3, Shadow Man, Terra, Ender Lilies, River City Zero, KoToR, and God knows what else.

That's all small potatoes compared to the wait for Turrican from Strictly Limited 🤣

I go a shipping notification for Rolling Gunner so that is weird.

Also, Ender Lilies has a Play Asia release that should be shipping soon.

Edited by Californication

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I have 16 items waiting at LRG - all on their own orders except for two items on one - which curiously enough both items have been showing as being in the warehouse last couple of weeks - not sure what is going on there.

Like I talked about with Tanooki some posts ago. I think they just refuse to invest in a real “shipping department.” and instead rely on just a handful of part time people or something like that. Cheap as they can keep it

There's being cheap, and then just not bothering or prioritizing enough to care.  Remember they do double runs, in mass, and send a large supply out for months/years to Best Buy to peddle at the stores and online too.  BB seems to have their stuff seeded just fine, so you really have to wonder about their shipping department.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

There's being cheap, and then just not bothering or prioritizing enough to care.  Remember they do double runs, in mass, and send a large supply out for months/years to Best Buy to peddle at the stores and online too.  BB seems to have their stuff seeded just fine, so you really have to wonder about their shipping department.

Thats a good point, I didn’t think about BB. Seems like they get there stuff without issue. I wonder if thats more of a drop shipment situation or if LRG actually handles that in house as well

I don't know, but it creates questions.  Why can they fulfill BB orders in mass across the country to retail stores and have a supply readily on hand for web shipping from their online warehouse too -- yet they can't get their shit together for 6-18months+ for people who actually fed their ability to even exist or have that BB deal in the first place.  It's bullshit.  I think it's safe to say BB isn't the one making, manufacturing, and prepping those games to sell them, so there's a mechanism in place and BB gets priority over the fans I guess.

• Like 1

I recently got comments in email from them about closing dates for shipping that have come and gone for 2 backlogged items of mine, one being that NGPC kit, but nothing further still about shipping.  The other was Strife back in late Feb but now the page shows they won't even ship until Q2 so that did a whole lot of good.

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

Heck ya 😃

amazon-training-road-lrg-600x.webp

The limited run release is inexplicably censored, changing the entire focus and concept of the game.

Why they would censor a game that was already released in ROM form years ago for free, I dunno, but if that is something that might bother you, make sure you do your research before pre-ordering...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The limited run release is inexplicably censored, changing the entire focus and concept of the game.

Why they would censor a game that was already released in ROM form years ago for free, I dunno, but if that is something that might bother you, make sure you do your research before pre-ordering...

I’ve lost all interest in these retro bootleg releases as it is 😕

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Thanks for the heads-up - I wasn't able to find much apart from a Twitter thread that seemed very uninformative (truly, a shock, I know). So, any actually info on what was changed and why would be appreciated!

51 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Thanks for the heads-up - I wasn't able to find much apart from a Twitter thread that seemed very uninformative (truly, a shock, I know). So, any actually info on what was changed and why would be appreciated!

In short, it was changed from a chubby girl in a bikini running to try and lose weight ( get water - avoid cake) to a clothed girl getting or maybe defusing bombs - I don't know since it hasn't been released yet.  At the end of the original it shows how many calories you ate and whatnot and the girl's size is changed based on how far you ran, so fully skinny if you made it far enough.  Best part was, if you got a Game Over too early, she would fall on her ass and the Game Over screen would say "Giant Ass Bomb" and it would show the world being split in half from space.  I guess they were scared of fat-shaming or something?  To me it would be kind of like localizing Punch-Out but taking out all of the tongue in cheek cultural jabs - but this is the world we live in now, I guess.

Anyway, this guy made a video on youtube about it:

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

In short, it was changed from a chubby girl in a bikini running to try and lose weight ( get water - avoid cake) to a clothed girl getting or maybe defusing bombs - I don't know since it hasn't been released yet.  At the end of the original it shows how many calories you ate and whatnot and the girl's size is changed based on how far you ran, so fully skinny if you made it far enough.  Best part was, if you got a Game Over too early, she would fall on her ass and the Game Over screen would say "Giant Ass Bomb" and it would show the world being split in half from space.  I guess they were scared of fat-shaming or something?  To me it would be kind of like localizing Punch-Out but taking out all of the tongue in cheek cultural jabs - but this is the world we live in now, I guess.

Anyway, this guy made a video on youtube about it:

Did some more digging here

It appears that it's not actually censored, and that the Japanese game developers thought it would be cool to have two different versions as was the case back in the NES days. Honestly, LRG should include the famicom version as well and there wouldn't be any issues - regardless, as far as I can tell this again is not really censorship.

3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Did some more digging here

It appears that it's not actually censored, and that the Japanese game developers thought it would be cool to have two different versions as was the case back in the NES days. Honestly, LRG should include the famicom version as well and there wouldn't be any issues - regardless, as far as I can tell this again is not really censorship.

I would believe that were the case if both versions had existed from 2017 onward, but if this "different" version just so happened to come into being when Limited Run bought the rights to the game.... well that tells me all I really need to know:

"Hey guys, we like your game and want the rights for physical distribution, but we're kind of concerned about the content - anything we can do about that?"

Yeah, I'm sure it was totally the Japanese guys that wanted to make this "different" version, they just didn't know they wanted to make it until Limited Run came along.  Weird........

• Agree 1