IGNORED

Limited Run Games

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

If you're gonna play KOTOR now, might as well wait for the remake.

I 100% disagree. For many reasons. And not just because it is a timed PS5 exclusive that currently has no release date. Where as the digital Switch version is both $15 and out now. But mostly because Aspyr has confirmed the only thing that will not change is the story. So playing the original is not a high priority, but it is a fun way to be prepared for the remake.

Then again, I no longer collect video games after a specific event helped kill that for me. So when it comes to playing, the remake depends on the changes Aspyr makes. While the original has been on my video game bucket list for years.

10 hours ago, Sumez said:

Fair, it might take a while before the remake becomes accessible. I was just thinking that if you haven't played KOTOR at this point, after 18 years, you probably aren't in a hurry anyway.

And if you're getting the LRG version it's gonna be a lot more than $15, too 🙂 

I had the Mac version. The game glitches when you enter Dantooine's fields the first time around. In this case the character twirls around and teleports in some random area. It was the biggest annoyance I dealt with, when it came to Star Wars, before I was told that I was "woke" for defending Star Wars Rebels. 😅

Plus, aren't all LRG releases considered "investments" by those who use eBay? 😉

22 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Since I don’t follow other region releases  I only really peripherally knew of SLG and their issues. I know @Tanookimentioned it in the Switch thread but Damn people be fed up with that company 

Yeah they’re shit and a few of their games have been picked up by other places lately.

They will give you a refund no questions asked and they do reply to emails pretty quickly. That’s about where their positives end.

Negative, they take forever to ship their games with no email updates, their games are starting to get releases elsewhere and their game release dates constantly get pushed back with no email (I was meant to get Cotton back in June).

I have only received Darius Cozmic Collection from them which took forever. I cancelled the rest of my pre orders except my Cotton X68000 version. I really wanted to pre order some of their other games but I have no faith in them.

LRG can be pretty shit too but at least they mostly deliver when they say they will and you can easily track your order progress.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ausden said:

I too am getting annoyed by this group. I am one of the folks who ordered Clockwork Aquario and it was originally supposed to be shipped in August, then early November. Last update I saw on their site it said early November. We are mid/late November now.

I contacted SLG not long ago and they responded quickly and courteously. I think like many places they have "supply chain issues" and they're obviously a small company. That said, not making excuses for them, but I have always received what I ordered from them, and I do also have a few outstanding orders from them.

• Like 1

Strictly Limited Games can be pretty insanely slow at shipping their games.

But in their defense, it's not really any worse than Limited Run Games in that regard, and most of the time the issue is really completely out of their hands on both accounts.

I got my LRG Blaster Master Zero 3 just the other day, while Play-Asia had sent out their Trilogy release four months ago. So as long as SLG can still get Clockwork Aquario out within a few months of PA, they are still competitive 😅

Personally I'd rather just wait for reviews and then pick up the cheaper option if it turns out to be decent. Westone had a bumpy track record.

Edited by Sumez

Dangun from LRG is currently at 7 months and waiting, but I'm not blaming them. It's out of their hands, same as with the Celeste issues and the Scott Pilgrim physical swag stuff.

It's a little annoying when we get left in the dark, but I did ask them about what was keeping it back on their socials, and they responded with a clarification pretty swiftly. Meanwhile Strictly sent out frequent updates regarding Bubble Bobble 4 Friends and how stuff had been held back that they couldn't do anything to influence. On the flip side that gave me the chance to cancel my order since in the meantime I'd already played the game and discovered how awful it was. LRG doesn't even allow cancelling orders which would be straight up illegal in Europe.

I think both companies are doing a decent job at being transparent at least when prompted.

Edited by Sumez

I'll be ordering Narita boy and Mushi.I'd like the C/E at least for Naritaboy, but not sure if I will pull the trigger. 

It's crazy that there are still solid games coming out for this generation.

Got my eyes on Andros Dunos ll, Cotton Rock n' Roll, Salt and Sacrifice - hopefully atleast two of them will be solid.

Narita looks really cool, but it also looks like it could be a heavily stylized game that has nothing to offer beyond that.

The fact that I haven't heard anyone talk about the game is alarming at least. Anyone here tried it?

46 minutes ago, Californication said:

Got my eyes on Andros Dunos ll, Cotton Rock n' Roll, Salt and Sacrifice - hopefully atleast two of them will be solid.

Cotton RNR and S&S both look cool. Andros Dunos is such an odd wildcard. Did anyone really care about the first? I have an MVS cart of the game only because I got it for free 😆

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Narita looks really cool, but it also looks like it could be a heavily stylized game that has nothing to offer beyond that.

The fact that I haven't heard anyone talk about the game is alarming at least. Anyone here tried it?

Cotton RNR and S&S both look cool. Andros Dunos is such an odd wildcard. Did anyone really care about the first? I have an MVS cart of the game only because I got it for free 😆

I have the same concern about Naritoboy. The action that I did see reminded me of Swordmaster though. 

Andros Dunos ll - Pixelheart releases seem like they go under the radar in general. 

When I watch the gameplay, the weapons look a bit boring with some taken from Darius. And the level design looks like Lightening Force and Rtype. 

I think it's interesting they made like eight ports of the game, they seem pretty confident.

Edit: gonna pass on Narita Boy

Edited by Californication

23 hours ago, avatar! said:

😁

image-8-1024x1024.webp

Yeah, bs on that.  I just got off of playasia's website, they have it too strangely enough, localized into ASI-region english, which is still the same english translation.  Buy now, or let them lie to you and wait 6-9months. 😄  Hmmm... tough call.

And on that I did in fact order from them 2 more english language ASI region items for Switch Deedlit record of lodoss war game, and also I decided to try out Fatal Frame too.  They're both on preorder days and a couple weeks out, but ordering this month = free shipping.  Those 2 will also pop up physical LRG(or evil friends) style in the states too on physical media.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah, bs on that.  I just got off of playasia's website, they have it too strangely enough, localized into ASI-region english, which is still the same english translation.  Buy now, or let them lie to you and wait 6-9months. 😄  Hmmm... tough call.

It's certainly possible that LRG is doing their own localization 🙂

I purchased both of the Kotor Master Editions, one of which will be a gift. There is one thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, and that is the status of Yavin Station, and if it is included in any of the Limited Run versions. Does anyone here know if the LRG physical Kotor copies include Yavin Station?