IGNORED

Limited Run Games

12 hours ago, RH said:

I, for one, am glad they pivoted but they are limited run in the since that they give their buyers a purchase window.  If you miss it, you missed it.  Period.

This is much better because I recall when the runs were legit limited to a couple thousand and I would never even try for that stuff because scalpers suuuuuuck.  Now, however, you can actually enjoy these games so long as you keep the funds to make a purchase within the month the games are available.

Other companies will print and print and print games until it's no longer profitable.  The difference between the two is definitely "limited" on LRGs side.

Agreed, but I would add, I think it's high time they just did that very thing... print and print until the interest drops off, ie: the Atlus model.  It has served that company fantastic for what 20 years now?  Given how many games LRG has put out, and could even by now re-issue in small repeat runs to satisfy real demand versus scalper garbage, it would be great.

Also, I have both Strife and Quake on order, they delayed both at least once, very aggravating for what's basically a long finished game they just need to stuff on a chip and be done with it.  Also as much as they bug me I looked and looked, but felt I had to order Valis Collection because the usual english release in the Asia region didn't happen. 😕 (And it's not on PC either...why?!)

Edited by Tanooki
  • Thanks 1

My Castlevania Collection showed up today, the classic box which had the wonky nes dust jacket thing, box, slip cover, poster etc.  All things said, not impressed with the packing, it's very stuffed in there, overly stuffed to where it does harm to the box.  BUT...I went in on it for the audio CD and I'm very impressed with the over 20 tracks it has.  I don't get why they refused to tell people what tracks they were when it was assembled, but whatever, gamble paid off.  I've already MP3d the stuff and uploaded them to my phone. 😄

Anyone else here get the collection I did with the mid-tier extras?

That audio CD has a fantastic selection of tracks on it, and interestingly enough it emphasizes the Famicom expanded audio choices on CV2 and CV3 vs the NES ones.  They do repeat those few tracks on the end of the CD for the American purists though.

The packing on that thing was not well done, the box is so overly stuffed it's impossible to get much in and out without doing some damage to the box unfortunately.  I'm curious if anyone else here is enjoying some of those Castlevania goodies.  What have you done with the weird dust sleeve?  How about the big poster?  They also had thrown in the box another fold out which is sort of a mini magazine I guess, I never could get it to unfold well to read it it's so stiff.

If anyone is curious here's a scan of the disc and track list on the rear of the sleeve.

castlevania-ac-soundtrackjpg.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Anyone else here get the collection I did with the mid-tier extras?

That audio CD has a fantastic selection of tracks on it, and interestingly enough it emphasizes the Famicom expanded audio choices on CV2 and CV3 vs the NES ones.  They do repeat those few tracks on the end of the CD for the American purists though.

The packing on that thing was not well done, the box is so overly stuffed it's impossible to get much in and out without doing some damage to the box unfortunately.  I'm curious if anyone else here is enjoying some of those Castlevania goodies.  What have you done with the weird dust sleeve?  How about the big poster?  They also had thrown in the box another fold out which is sort of a mini magazine I guess, I never could get it to unfold well to read it it's so stiff.

If anyone is curious here's a scan of the disc and track list on the rear of the sleeve.

castlevania-ac-soundtrackjpg.jpg

So, as a long-time video game music collector, I have to say in my mind this selection is okay for a beginner, but far from "amazing". In fact, for a collector I would actually call it "poor" - reason being is that there already exist FAR FAR better soundtracks. For example:

4701-1264954975.jpg

Akumajo Dracula Best 2

2-CD soundtrack, covers Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania the Adventure, and Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge. Total music time is over 1 hour and 38 minutes. Also, many (but not all) of these are available for very reasonable prices. Since these soundtracks come from Japan, they are also high-quality, include interviews etc. (in Japanese), and the music is always the higher-quality famicom as opposed to the NES chip. If anyone has any questions or you're looking for suggestions regarding Castlevania let me know, I'll be happy to discuss. For the record, at one point I owned numerous Castlevania soundtracks, over the years I've given most away and I now have a collection I'm mostly happy with - although still a tad too large 🙂

@avatar! Trust me I'm very very well aware.  I was being non-critical of it in the bubble of the US market only and what piddling crap Konami has allowed, it's big, and only for that reason alone.  I would love nothing more to have Akamajo Dracula Best 1 and 2, but sheeit...they get expensive when fanboys find them on ebay so I just largely don't bother to remember to look anymore.  Game soundtracks have become more toxic as a side effect along side of the games too.  What LRG/Konami did allow here is a nice if not very very abridged selection of quality pieces as a gimme in a game package.  If this were a sale item on its own I'd be peeved that's how little they'd think of US consumers in that case.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@avatar! Trust me I'm very very well aware.  I was being non-critical of it in the bubble of the US market only and what piddling crap Konami has allowed, it's big, and only for that reason alone.  I would love nothing more to have Akamajo Dracula Best 1 and 2, but sheeit...they get expensive when fanboys find them on ebay so I just largely don't bother to remember to look anymore.  Game soundtracks have become more toxic as a side effect along side of the games too.  What LRG/Konami did allow here is a nice if not very very abridged selection of quality pieces as a gimme in a game package.  If this were a sale item on its own I'd be peeved that's how little they'd think of US consumers in that case.

Konami... that name rings a bell. Oh yeah, didn't they make games at one point, decades ago? 😉

zBJpaxQ.jpg

Dracula Best is not their "best" Castlevania soundtracks. In my mind that goes to

PERFECT SELECTION DRACULA BATTLE
PERFECT SELECTION DRACULA BATTLE II

If you enjoy fabulous 80s era arranged music, it does not get any better! A runner-up would be Perfect Selection Dracula ~NEW CLASSIC~, which in my mind is a bit overrated. That said, if you are into the original soundtracks, Dracula Best I and II are well worth finding. I saw Dracula Best I on ebay for under $50 shipped from Japan...

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Konami... that name rings a bell. Oh yeah, didn't they make games at one point, decades ago?

I remember all of those great Switch games they released/ported over the last 5 years.  The old Contra collection, the old Castlevania collections... and probably other things... Uh... oh, right.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe it was perfect I listened to, the art I think had a giant cross out of it and remember some reds and blacks to it.  Either way I've heard a few over the years, usually dumped on youtube in some sketchy way to check the stuff out and it was a nice background filter.

552-1258300105.jpg

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Has LRG ever put out games that Strictly Limited has? I don’t follow SL

I thought they did... but even if they have not, I know some of their games such as Cotton tend to be widely available at retailers. So I guess the better question is whether the compilation will be widely distributed?

On 3/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, avatar! said:

I thought they did... but even if they have not, I know some of their games such as Cotton tend to be widely available at retailers. So I guess the better question is whether the compilation will be widely distributed?

A little tip, United Games Entertainment is the parent company of SLG, and also equally the parent company of ININ games which I'm sure you saw peddles the SLG stuff, after the fact, on Amazon.  I found this out when I was increasingly getting pissed off over that original Cotton release preorder never filling their pie in the sky quota because I had found that ININ randomly started selling it on amazon, and for a little less.

Seems UGE looks for suckers up front with the SLG pay and maybe get it later model to work like some no interest loan up front, and use that to do what they need to, then just change the materials to show ININ instead of SLG on the stuff, and re-release it through their other name that way.

So no, LRG games don't get pulled from old SLG stock,  SLG stock gets reissued/named under the ININ label for retail.  I imagine unless westone did some weird funk in their contract, you'll find it repacked with the ININ label before long.

@avatar!Kind of have to agree with you on that, and I forgot about that too.  I've always been love/hate with Worms.  It's nice, but playing alone gets old fairly quick and they didn't radically change it much over time so it's nearly like play one play them all.  Having an evercade I'd be better off grabbing that for $20-25 too.

I forgot the UK even had this on 16bit consoles too, just remembered the odd GB/GBC and then n64 ones along with PC.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, Tanooki said:

My Castlevania Collection showed up today, the classic box which had the wonky nes dust jacket thing, box, slip cover, poster etc.  All things said, not impressed with the packing, it's very stuffed in there, overly stuffed to where it does harm to the box.  BUT...I went in on it for the audio CD and I'm very impressed with the over 20 tracks it has.  I don't get why they refused to tell people what tracks they were when it was assembled, but whatever, gamble paid off.  I've already MP3d the stuff and uploaded them to my phone. 😄

My box was crunched just like my Curse of the Moon 2 classic box. The two times I ordered something more than the standard box and they both got crunched. Thankfully, I have gotten free replacements for both. However, it makes me even more hesitant to order these cardboard box editions.

• Sad 1