IGNORED

Limited Run Games

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

SLG sucks gamers should just boycott them for their sales tactics.  They’re worse than Kickstarter.  At least with them they’re up front about the delays.  

I know it, but they get some decent titles. I was just looking at my Rolling Gunner and Star Hunter Dx and Space Moth pre-orders and thinking what a great decision that was.

I don't really understand why you'd go for SLG or LRG with a game that's already available from Play-Asia?

Though especially for DeathSmiles 1+2 I'm holding out for post-release reviews, since it's a City Connection release. All their previous shmup releases have been plagued by really horrible input lag.
The already existing ports of DS1 and 2 on Xbox 360 are really good btw, though the latter is region locked. Well, both are, but DS1 was released in all regions. I'm mostly curious about this release to play DeathSmiles 2, and that one is famously pretty much the worst Cave game 🤣

Edited by Sumez
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I like that KOTOR box!

Man, agreed. I still wish they'd make a port of Shadows of the Empire from the PC port, though. I know it gets some hate but I really, really loved that game and I wouldn't mind a visual "upgrade" by a port to the Switch.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RH said:

Man, agreed. I still wish they'd make a port of Shadows of the Empire from the PC port, though. I know it gets some hate but I really, really loved that game and I wouldn't mind a visual "upgrade" by a port to the Switch.

I’m completely with you. I wish the Dark Forces games were on the Switch as well.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I'll never understand why Dark Forces hasn't received the same treatment that Doom and Duke Nukem have received.  I'm not looking for a remake or remaster.  I just want the original game ported to modern platforms like they've done with Doom and DN.

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_dark_forces

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

I have all of that. 

But like I was saying, I'll never understand why Dark Forces hasn't received the same treatment that Doom and Duke Nukem have received.  I'm not looking for a remake or remaster.  I just want the original game ported to modern platforms like they've done with Doom Classic Complete or Duke Nukem 3D World Tour.

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I have all of that. 

But like I was saying, I'll never understand why Dark Forces hasn't received the same treatment that Doom and Duke Nukem have received.  I'm not looking for a remake or remaster.  I just want the original game ported to modern platforms like they've done with Doom Classic Complete or Duke Nukem 3D World Tour.

The big kick for me is both console gaming AND the portability of the Switch.  I never game on my Macbook.  For me to play most of those old Lucasarts games from GoG, I have to do it on a VM, which I just don't enjoy.

Interesting enough, I own most of those games on GoG.  The reason is I've been a fan and support of GoG since launch and I have paid attention to their deals.  They often discount games and then further discount those games when bundled.  I've bought a bunch of old games for $1-2 each.  Regardless, I've played very few of them even though I've always intended too.  I will play console games, especially if it's portable.  So, a Dark Forces game on the Switch would be amazing.  Returning to SW:SotE would be equally so.

1 minute ago, RH said:

The big kick for me is both console gaming AND the portability of the Switch.  I never game on my Macbook.  For me to play most of those old Lucasarts games from GoG, I have to do it on a VM, which I just don't enjoy.

Interesting enough, I own most of those games on GoG.  The reason is I've been a fan and support of GoG since launch and I have paid attention to their deals.  They often discount games and then further discount those games when bundled.  I've bought a bunch of old games for $1-2 each.  Regardless, I've played very few of them even though I've always intended too.  I will play console games, especially if it's portable.  So, a Dark Forces game on the Switch would be amazing.  Returning to SW:SotE would be equally so.

I forget which year it was (I'm pretty sure this was pre-COVID), on May the 4th, there was a massive Star Wars game sale on either Steam or GoG.  Pretty much all of the older Star Wars games were dirt cheap, including a package with Dark Forces and all of the sequels.  I bought most of it.  Unfortunately, I've only actually played the first two DF games, and I've always wanted the try the others.  I still haven't gotten around to others yet. 

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

I forget which year it was (I'm pretty sure this was pre-COVID), on May the 4th, there was a massive Star Wars game sale on either Steam or GoG.  Pretty much all of the older Star Wars games were dirt cheap, including a package with Dark Forces and all of the sequels.  I bought most of it.  Unfortunately, I've only actually played the first two DF games, and I've always wanted the try the others.  I still haven't gotten around to others yet. 

Yeah, I think that's what I did.  Or rather, they might have done that even 4-5 years ago.  Not sure why but I think the only games I don't own are SW Pod Racer and maybe a later KotOR game which might not have yet been on GoG.  Or maybe it was $10 and that would have been to much. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:48 AM, RH said:

Shadows is a fantastic game, still enjoyable.  Screw the haters, a rare case a blending of a few play genres worked out well.  I'd buy that upgrade.

True: I've never played KOTOR, maybe I should free up some games (finish) and try it some day. 😉

• Agree 1

AS I was updating the Switch release list I saw there was a slew of Limited Print companies putting out games for the holidays. Just in case anyone is interested and didn't know they were available:

Limited Run Games:

1. Citizens Unite!: Earth x Space
  2. Narita Boy
  3. BlazBlue Central Fiction
  4. Star Wars: KOTOR (11/19/2021)

Premium Edition Games:

1. Cathedral
  2. Phoenotopia Awakening
  3. Mighty Fight Federation

Special Reserve Games:

1. Deaths Door (11/23/2021)

• Like 1