IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 11/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, Tanooki said:

Yeah, bs on that.  I just got off of playasia's website, they have it too strangely enough, localized into ASI-region english, which is still the same english translation.  Buy now, or let them lie to you and wait 6-9months. 😄  Hmmm... tough call.

And on that I did in fact order from them 2 more english language ASI region items for Switch Deedlit record of lodoss war game, and also I decided to try out Fatal Frame too.  They're both on preorder days and a couple weeks out, but ordering this month = free shipping.  Those 2 will also pop up physical LRG(or evil friends) style in the states too on physical media.

Just FYI, Fatal Frame requires a patch for the English. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, Tanooki said:

Whatever happened with pixelheart Andro Dunos II?  I had been strongly considering that for Switch since I own the original on MVS cart.

They pushed the release to Q1 2022.

I was watching four games from Pixel Heart and they pushed the release on them three times before releasing so it vould be a few months.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VegHead said:

What patch?  I already ordered it through playasia, said it works in english on that one.

I just looked, they have 3 copies of the game up there, I picked up the most recently posted one that says ASIA-English, and the over art is entirely in english.

The older two copies have different art,  you can see the whole girl with a slit open at the bottom orange top, one has the cover entirely in Japanese, has the JP flag on the actual sales page and says english in (brackets) and the other that shares the art with different rating print is the chiense one.

All 3 have a copy and pasted print job of the description into every one, only the top part has a difference to it.

I'm thinking the JP and CHN copies you could patch english into them, but the other probably is what it is.  I could write them I suppose, but I have no idea how good their english is to answer. 😉

Edited by Tanooki

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

What patch?  I already ordered it through playasia, said it works in english on that one.

I just looked, they have 3 copies of the game up there, I picked up the most recently posted one that says ASIA-English, and the over art is entirely in english.

The older two copies have different art,  you can see the whole girl with a slit open at the bottom orange top, one has the cover entirely in Japanese, has the JP flag on the actual sales page and says english in (brackets) and the other that shares the art with different rating print is the chiense one.

All 3 have a copy and pasted print job of the description into every one, only the top part has a difference to it.

I'm thinking the JP and CHN copies you could patch english into them, but the other probably is what it is.  I could write them I suppose, but I have no idea how good their english is to answer. 😉

This is the Asia version, and it's the same note for both Switch and PS4  

3CF57483-0494-4C38-94C8-C6EDE7316F6E.jpeg

Edited by VegHead

I wrote them about it, they seem to be up in the air on being straight about it which isn't great.

How much are their shipping charges because if I remove that game I won't have the free shipping.

I really don't want another adventure right now but I could see snapping up Legend of Mana since that is in english on the card itself in its place.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, VegHead said:

What patch? 

I don't know, but maybe around $10 if you're in the USA?  It's not terrible, and the game is still worth playing.  Just up to you if it's better to have a patched physical copy or the already English digital. Both are screwed for redownload when the Switch servers turn off in 5-7 years. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:02 PM, VegHead said:

I don't know, but maybe around $10 if you're in the USA?  It's not terrible, and the game is still worth playing.  Just up to you if it's better to have a patched physical copy or the already English digital. Both are screwed for redownload when the Switch servers turn off in 5-7 years. 

I canceled the entire order completely since they wouldn't give me a straight answer.  Then I stumbled on a canada(with US NY state distro warehouse) based outfit selling the Lodoss War game in January for $5 less than play-asia so I picked it up from them instead.  Oh well play-asia loses yet another sale.  I've tried to buy from them off and on over the years, but something seems to always go wrong for over a decade now. 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:59 PM, Tanooki said:

I canceled the entire order completely since they wouldn't give me a straight answer.  Then I stumbled on a canada(with US NY state distro warehouse) based outfit selling the Lodoss War game in January for $5 less than play-asia so I picked it up from them instead.  Oh well play-asia loses yet another sale.  I've tried to buy from them off and on over the years, but something seems to always go wrong for over a decade now. 🙂

That Lodoss War game looks good. I just heard someone say that it's getting a western release through RedArt games (at some point.)

13 minutes ago, Californication said:

That Lodoss War game looks good. I just heard someone say that it's getting a western release through RedArt games (at some point.)

I saw that too, dug and found it, and for 35 euro plus shipping which wasn't a good deal.  So when I saw that deal and it shipping out of New York, I'm good.

https://videogamesplus.ca/products/record-of-lodoss-war-deedlit-in-wonder-labyrinth-switch?_pos=3&_sid=c1921cd39&_ss=r

35 minutes ago, VegHead said:

I was really tempted by the Mushi release and mini cab, but I have a stack of shooters to play and need to lower the backlog a bit. Plus, bullet hells are not something I have taken time to get good at yet. 

I am still growing as far as bullet hells go myself. I feel like it's one of those things where you play a little here and there and the appreciation grows with time.

I have Mushi on the PS2 and it's an entry level game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VegHead said:

I was really tempted by the Mushi release and mini cab, but I have a stack of shooters to play and need to lower the backlog a bit. Plus, bullet hells are not something I have taken time to get good at yet. 

LRG: There are three different game modes and difficulty levels to choose from, including a Novice mode that even novice shooters can enjoy.

I really appreciate that. Since I just want a fun shooting experience, and am NOT hardcore at all with these games 🙂

• Like 1

I haven't tried the Novice mode in Mushihimesama, but the novice modes in Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda 2 are are joke. Anyone can 1CC those modes without even trying, so I don't really think they provide a "fun shooting experience".

So, a few points I think worth mentioning about bullethell shooters, Or Cave's brand of bullethell shooters in particular:

• Bullethell doesn't automatically mean the games are necessarily any harder. Some old school shooters are really hardcore, and in my experience newcomers are actually often quicker to pick up on bullethells. They tend to come across more impressive looking because of all the bullets, but those bullets are also often slower, and dodging them are easier.
    The biggest difference in bullet hells from more "traditional" shooters is that they rely more on an almost puzzle-like level of pattern recognition.
  • Cave games come in all ranges of difficulties from brutally hard to extremely easy. If you want a good entry-level game, my recommendations would be DeathSmiles 1 or the first Espgaluda. Those games are a lot easier than most other shoot'em ups of any type.
  • Cave shooters are often cherished not just for their bullet patterns, but because of their elaborate mechanics outside of just shooting or dodging. These mechanics play into a much deeper scoring system giving players something to do years after beating the game, but in the better examples they also play into survival play, creating a fun balance between risk and reward.
    One of the reasons Espgaluda is a good beginner game is that the slowdown mechanic is a great survival tool.
    Mushihimesama 1 might not be the best entry level game because that game's extra mechanics are pretty obtuse, and not really fun (IMO!). Though for just pure shooting and dodging, playing it on "Original mode" (in regular arcade mode, not novice) it's still not a bad place to start.
  • Probably the most important thing to keep in mind.
    You don't need to be able to beat the game to have a fun time with it. Even expert players still need to spend a full week with some of the easier games to clear them on a credit, while others can easily use up months.
    The quality in these games lie in the moment-to-moment gameplay being consistently entertaining, and if you aren't  constantly at a risk of losing your run, it really takes away the enjoyment in a game that's inherently based around constantly dodging death.
    Novice modes might be a good way to see the game initially, but honestly I'd rather recommend just credit feeding through it every time you die once, so that you get a feeling for the later, more difficult stages.
Edited by Sumez
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...