IGNORED

Limited Run Games

2 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Don’t the PS4 versions already work on PS5?

Yes, although apparently you will no longer have to spend a crazy amount of money to get Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, so there's that! Don't know if anything will be different otherwise?

13 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

For Rondo of Blood, licensed by the IP of the game property and Console, as both are Konami now.  The resulting question for scenarios that happen like this going forward, is this now part of a complete set?  With license from both IP holders.   In this case, for Turbografx. 

I think it’s only considered “licensed” in the same way that other games that are licensed by publishers are referred to as licensed.

Now if Nintendo or Sega were to put their stamp of approval on games re-issued for their consoles, I’d say those are legit licensed games..

But the Turbografx is Hudson/NEC. As far as I’m concerned, old man Hudson is dead now. Konami may own his property and even have his power of attorney, but the dead man ain’t authorizing nothing anymore.

Not that it really matters. I could be wrong, but I don’t think Turbografx ever had a seal of approval like Sega/Nintendo to begin with. And even if they did, Seal of Approval is just a marketing gimmick at the end of the day. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Yes, although apparently you will no longer have to spend a crazy amount of money to get Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, so there's that! Don't know if anything will be different otherwise?

Well I already have Pirates Curse, so I guess that means the value of mine will be going down 🧐

Ah well, I have it cause I want it, not because of the price tag

36 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Well I already have Pirates Curse, so I guess that means the value of mine will be going down 🧐

Nah, I doubt it. The Switch is portable, the PS5 isn't. Unless Sony or Microsoft do something similar to the Switch, switch counterparts of games will more than likely always cost more than any other version of said games, as long as the games don't run like garbage on Switch that is.

When people couldn't afford copies of Pirate's Curse on Switch, they went for the next best thing, the 3DS version of Pirate's Curse. It's nearly a $100+ game now, and even the Ps4 version's price has about doubled in value. I don't see the Ps5 version making a dent in the price on Switch, but prices do seem to be cooling off naturally right now. It would actually be funnier if the Ps5 version also ends up costing a shit ton in the future, because no one bought it, because they didn't own or couldn't get their hands on a Ps5.

If that ends up being the case, I guess you could say that the game is cursed to be expensive no matter the console. 

Edited by Sir Centroid
  • Like 1

In this case @Deadeye is irrefutably correct unless someone just wants to play mind, wallet, and nuh-uh games.  Konami consumed Hudson.  Hudson contracted with co-designed with NEC the hardware, but owned it entirely.  As Konami owns hudson and all rights to their past hardware and software libraries, then there's no level of gymnastics I can see where someone could fairly say that the LRG game wouldn't be part of a set outside of the pedantic well it wasn't made in the 80s/90s argument.  It's not just licensed by whatever to run on whatever say like the Shantae re-release of the sickeningly expensive GBC cartridge.  Konami owns both the hardware and software, it's why that stuff happened with the PCE/CG/TG Mini and having those decent amount of Konami titles on it, as it's theirs entirely and as he said the tweet trail completes the branding on the LRG product to come.  I'm impressed really.  Sickens and infuriates me it's on Sony though, what the hell??  The Wii virtual console had Dracula X damnit.

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Jeez, even the 3DS version is over $100. I didn't realize how far the Shantae madness had penetrated. It's kind of funny that a company that creates limited products is creating more limited products to meet the demand created by their own scarcity. LRG is a money printing machine baby.

Edited by DefaultGen

2 hours ago, Deadeye said:

@phart010Konami is the rights holder of the PC Engine and Turbografx.  Konami absorbed Hudson years ago.  This is how Konami released the PC Engine Mini.  Rondo of Blood release, through LRG, will have Turbografx branding on it.  The tweet tread specifies this.

It will take an incredible amount of effort to argue that this game isn't part of the set, but that won't stop a small group of people from trying to do exactly that.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

It's especially crazy considering none of the games are really that great.

I mean, they're mildly enjoyable, and perfectly passable, but is anyone really a big fan?

I love them, some more than others though and the soundtracks are catchy.

I wouldn’t pay the crazy prices they’re going for though. I actually ended up selling my switch games and just re play them on PC when I am in the mood.

3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Huzzah - my collector's edition of "The Return of the Obar Dinn" is supposed to be delivered today.  Christmas in June!

Awesome.  My copy of To The Moon is suppose to arrive.  Odd cause DHL had it for like 2 weeks?!

18 minutes ago, RH said:

Awesome.  My copy of To The Moon is suppose to arrive.  Odd cause DHL had it for like 2 weeks?!

I forgot that I had ordered that - it is also supposed to come today (just worked out that way since I ordered them separately).  I think this is the first time I have ever got two delivered at the same time.

I also ordered these today:

SOA-sw-ce_540x.png.9e3a560d0c34433f1f19841b2385264c.pngdragonstarvarnirpack_540x.png.b260100be1698d24ce06df9b179ae87a.png

3 hours ago, RH said:

I got an email from one of the game companies (probably LRG) awhile back that they were either dropping DHL or doing something different in the way they dealt with the,.  Unfortunately I can't find it now - Iikely deleted it.