IGNORED

Limited Run Games

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oof there it is, wondered how fast that would occur.  I got Doom64 that way, I'll grab it...then play it next year knowing the pace they move at. 😉  Bugs me a little it's on Steam, not GoG, same with Doom 64.  Hopefully there's a standard Quake, not into the bs that'll end up thrown out of sight in a closet (cabinet, etc.) never to be looked at again.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I think there's always been a standard option.

43 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I haven't ordered anything from LRG in a while, but I will definitely get Quake.  The only decision to make is which system?

And there will definitely be a standard option for Quake.  

All of their numbered releases have always had a standard edition. Only their distribution titles are “collectors edition” only on a couple of occasions 

Well then you two... I'll seemingly pick it up.  I'm kind of particularly annoyed at bethesda and or nightdive, both have been solid supporters of GoG, but oddly Doom 64 and now Quake aren't present with this updated version.  I already own a real copy of Quake I keep in the desk as the soundtrack is sweet, and own quake fully on GoG too with the packs, really don't relish buying it on Steam for another $10, seems shitty, considering current steam owners upgrade free.  Kind of a kick in the teeth, but getting it on Switch seems like a solid choice.

It's funny, back in the day I was pretty neck deep into oldwarez and emulation, but it crossed into not so old warez too for a time. Despite the fact it took years before I bought an actual copy of Doom, when it came to their darker non-doom level stuff I bought it (both Heretic and Quake) direct from them with no regrets...just solid stuff.

Edited by Tanooki

On 8/20/2021 at 1:07 AM, Skorp said:

A rabbit out the hat kinda title. So cool and so looking forward to it!

Hmm I can't view their website it's blocked for me.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.56.52 AM.png

I’m really looking forward to buying this game and waiting 6+ months to get it. Once again, I have 7 games from this spring that I’m currently waiting on. I honestly wish I could buy a free shipping membership and just buy things individually.

Not sure if it's a limited run, but as far as I can tell this seems to be a similar approach, with an open preorder.

https://firstpressgames.com/collections/crimzon-clover-world-explosion

First time there's a physical copy of Crimzon Clover since the original indie DVD release on PC (which now sells for like $200), but the new console versions are very different. Great game.

They got a bunch of homebrew games also.

Edited by Sumez

My LRG backorders are adding up all on switch.

April - Doom collection
May - NGPC upgrade with the history book
June - Castlevania anniv upgrade with the audio cd

...I hope at least one of those shows up this year. 😕  I really wish they'd get their act together in turn around on payment vs shipping.  Ordered Quake when that popped up last month, curious to see how long it tracks out.  I had to get it, mailed away for that one when it came out on PC, killer game, sequels let me down, not so much 2 but after.

41 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wonder if the video on sealed games is going to lead to a bunch of “investigators” doing similar stories on retro gaming stuff, because here’s one on LRG

I watched about 20 minutes of the video, doubt I have the stomach for more -thus far I am going to say the video is asinine. For instance, he highlights LRG's release of Sam & Max which had a few jokes changed - BUT it was not LRG which changed the jokes it was the video game studio which released the remastered version. He also complains that Scott Pilgrim was missing a DLC character, okay I assume that's true. Likely that DLC character was not available when LRG was manufactoring the physical copies, but somehow from that he goes off to what sounds like some pseudo-conspiracy-theory about how LRG is a "game seller" and "NOT a preservation company" ... well yes, they sell games, they sell in fact physical copies of numerous games which otherwise are only available digitally. Those of us that love physical games support them for this reason. The guy in the video says [to LRG] "you've preserved nothing!" which I completely disagree with, and regardless that misses the point that I'm not purchasing a LRG release because I'm worried the game won't be available digitally 100 years from now, I'm purchasing the game because I want to play a physical copy!

"LRG feeds of FOMO and obsession!" he says... that might be true for some. However, the vast majority of people I know that support LRG purchase the games they want, and since nearly every (not all, but nearly all) LRG release are open-orders I have no fear of missing out. To be honest, even if I do somehow miss out, most games you can find fairly inexpensively on the second-hand market. I stopped as I said around the 20-minute mark, when he faults LRG for release different versions of Mall Brawl for the NES... so, we should demand LRG release just one unified copy and that is it? I'm honestly confused where he was going with this! I remember that Working Designs would release all their games with random artwork on the CDs - does that also make Working Designs devil-spawn??

Anyway, I found this petty and ridiculous. A far far cry from the truly investigative and informative work by Karl Jobst.