IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I had no idea they had an open order for Jeremy Parish's works book there before, makes me sick missed out on the couple they did already.  I wish I could get his books...I mean I do, when the NGPC Collection one arrives as that's in yellow so it's readying for mail (yay.)

Yet I just saw the full on one volume Virtual Boy Works is up on the warehouse floor for cataloging and shipping, and as they're not all sold through you can buy that, so I just did.  That'll be a blast I can a nice fat index to go with my full library. 😄

Strife ending tomorrow night, always been curious about that as it's like the only very well made FPS RPG style game, just something others have failed horribly at like capstone with Witchaven and it's far worse sequel.  Heretic was great but never did that much, just an inventory system, no real story or jobs so I'm VERY tempted since it's only $30.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:21 PM, Tanooki said:

I had no idea they had an open order for Jeremy Parish's works book there before, makes me sick missed out on the couple they did already.  I wish I could get his books...I mean I do, when the NGPC Collection one arrives as that's in yellow so it's readying for mail (yay.)

Yet I just saw the full on one volume Virtual Boy Works is up on the warehouse floor for cataloging and shipping, and as they're not all sold through you can buy that, so I just did.  That'll be a blast I can a nice fat index to go with my full library. 😄

Strife ending tomorrow night, always been curious about that as it's like the only very well made FPS RPG style game, just something others have failed horribly at like capstone with Witchaven and it's far worse sequel.  Heretic was great but never did that much, just an inventory system, no real story or jobs so I'm VERY tempted since it's only $30.

I forgot about Strife 😕

It looked cool, just forgot to order it. Ah well...

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

I forgot about Strife 😕

It looked cool, just forgot to order it. Ah well...

That's too bad.  I almost forgot, had left it up, but then figured...whatever it's cheap.  I like Doom engine games usually, and the whole tasks, merit, rpg lite mechanics is so unique and people seem to love their minds over how good it is for those who played I figured ...eh $30 go for it.  I guess I'll see it next summer knowing their antics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

any time cave is given a physical release, we should be thankful

Thankful for the physical release. Not thankful for a useless, cheesy arcade cab replica 😛 Also not thankful for paying $30 shipping for a $40 game that I have to wait for 8+ months to receive after ordering.

Outside of Guwange, Mushihimesama 1 is the only Cave shooter I don't currently own in any physical form, so definitely very thankful for this.

Oh wait, what's this...

13 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

I’d have preferred it be on ps4

😏

Edited by Sumez
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Thankful for the physical release. Not thankful for a useless, cheesy arcade cab replica 😛 Also not thankful for paying $30 shipping for a $40 game that I have to wait for 8+ months to receive after ordering.

Outside of Guwange, Mushihimesama 1 is the only Cave shooter I don't currently own in any physical form, so definitely very thankful for this.

Oh wait, what's this...

😏

I show the company support any time i can... I don’t need to purchase this in order to play it, but will purchase it...

and the mini cab.

5B17A355-7A4D-4882-B754-E3A7579F1000.jpeg

I'm excited for the arcade thing as it (hopefully) lets me use a pro controller and lay the Switch down in tate mode. I know there are cheaper alternatives out there, but it'll work great on my desk and I don't have to use the Joycons. Plus, as a shmup fan, I love the styling.

I feel like the Mushihimesama release came out of nowhere, but I'm glad it's happening. It'll be a welcome upgrade to my PS2 version, even though I'd prefer PS4. Who knows, maybe they'll put the PS4 version up for sale two weeks after preorders go away and I'll buy it again.

• Like 1

Mushihime came out four months ago, so I wouldn't say it's "out of nowhere". LRG have done some of M2's shmup releases in the past, and Live Wire have already expressed interest in supporting a physical release.

They released EspGaluda II a few months later, and DDP DFK is coming up, so I'd expect to see those getting LRG releases as well. Less interesting to me since those were already region free/accessible on Xbox 360, but if you don't already have them they are worth picking up.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Mushihime came out four months ago, so I wouldn't say it's "out of nowhere". LRG have done some of M2's shmup releases in the past, and Live Wire have already expressed interest in supporting a physical release.

They released EspGaluda II a few months later, and DDP DFK is coming up, so I'd expect to see those getting LRG releases as well. Less interesting to me since those were already region free/accessible on Xbox 360, but if you don't already have them they are worth picking up.

True, they have. In your opinion, what are the chances we'll see someone get Deathsmiles I & II?

32 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Is there any reason to get the Axiom Verge 1 & 2 pack versus just getting 2 if I already own the physical for 1. I don’t care about LRG versus non LRG or that they would be one one cart.

I bought the 1&2 pack for Switch because I wanted both games on the same system.  I also ordered 2 on PS4 since I already have a physical copy of 1 on that system.  

So to answer your question, it's completely up to you.  If you already have 1 on physical, you should be just find getting 2 only.