IGNORED

Limited Run Games

5 hours ago, phart010 said:

Your not exaggerating, they went up for sale at 6:00PM and were totally sold out before 6:01PM.

This is really stupid. Why do they make print runs of 2000? It always leaves tons of people feeling pissed 😡 

You've also got to remember that the second batch is usually a 30% drop for the total inventory since AM sale is their bigger one.  So since this was a 1k/1k (1k regular, 1k 'LE') they likely went 700/300 for both of them.  And that's not including the lost item hold back OR those that were slated for mega bundles.

This wasn't going to be anything but insanely fast no matter how your looked at it with everyone gunning for it.

7 hours ago, phart010 said:

Your not exaggerating, they went up for sale at 6:00PM and were totally sold out before 6:01PM.

This is really stupid. Why do they make print runs of 2000? It always leaves tons of people feeling pissed 😡 

Dont they only have a fixed amount of vita carts/discs/whatever to pull from because Sony stopped producing them? I thought that was the case, and they had to divide that among however many more vita releases they had scheduled or something to that affect. I may be misremembering though 

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Dont they only have a fixed amount of vita carts/discs/whatever to pull from because Sony stopped producing them? I thought that was the case, and they had to divide that among however many more vita releases they had scheduled or something to that affect. I may be misremembering though 

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/1038-limited-run-games/?do=findComment&comment=214473

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen any tweets or whatever covering some of the LRG games as of late for this year having any quarters/dates as the website again is dry.  Classic Doom, NGPC, and Castlevania I'm curious if they ever said a thing, Doom is older so more likely, other two are wishful thinking.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:38 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Welp… missed it entirely 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:15 PM, Californication said:

Shit. I had two alarms and completly forgot.

Were you guys trying to get the LE or regular edition?  They announced that they're reprinting the regular edition (along with Gunlord X) next year.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Red said:

Were you guys trying to get the LE or regular edition?  They announced that they're reprinting the regular edition (along with Gunlord X) next year.

Regular!!!!!!

They better. I mean I know some of these companies rip a great game and leave it a low print run to make a name for themselves, but everyone knows who Ngdev is, there's no reason to leave money on the table.

22 minutes ago, Californication said:

Regular!!!!!!

They better. I mean I know some of these companies rip a great game and leave it a low print run to make a name for themselves, but everyone knows who Ngdev is, there's no reason to leave money on the table.

I would have been happy with either edition.

For the record, they are printing 1000 copies. That’s nothing. Will sell out just as fast.

• Angry 1

On 7/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Tanooki said:

Blame Sony, there's no winner here, just losers, including LRG that had no choice other than do something or do nothing at all.  Lose lose, damned if you do or don't.

It really doesn't matter.  LRG could give a free copy of this game to every single person in the world and people would still complain.  

• Like 1

I think until the ebay orders get backed up enough that re-sellers aren't moving them this will continue to happen. 

That being said, I watched the new review of Razion on YouTube and the guy talked to the owners of Ngdev who said not to buy them on ebay, they are going to keep releasing it until no one wants it - if you are willing to wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Californication said:

I think until the ebay orders get backed up enough that re-sellers aren't moving them this will continue to happen. 

That being said, I watched the new review of Razion on YouTube and the guy talked to the owners of Ngdev who said not to buy them on ebay, they are going to keep releasing it until no one wants it - if you are willing to wait.

It me

0D0CFBF6-08E5-42A5-8734-7A608744FDFF.jpeg

• Like 1

Seems fair playing the Atlus game of things.  Run an ok run of the game, as scum jam the price up because they bought to prey on others, do another run, and another...  why let a-holes get the profit from some sap when you the company can make more by printing more.  Win win, only loser are self absorbed collectors wanting stupid low print runs, and scalpers.

• 2 weeks later...

Oof there it is, wondered how fast that would occur.  I got Doom64 that way, I'll grab it...then play it next year knowing the pace they move at. 😉  Bugs me a little it's on Steam, not GoG, same with Doom 64.  Hopefully there's a standard Quake, not into the bs that'll end up thrown out of sight in a closet (cabinet, etc.) never to be looked at again.

Editorials Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oof there it is, wondered how fast that would occur.  I got Doom64 that way, I'll grab it...then play it next year knowing the pace they move at. 😉  Bugs me a little it's on Steam, not GoG, same with Doom 64.  Hopefully there's a standard Quake, not into the bs that'll end up thrown out of sight in a closet (cabinet, etc.) never to be looked at again.

I think there's always been a standard option.