IGNORED

Limited Run Games

13 hours ago, Inzoreno said:

Anyone following the LRG releases, we have confirmation that the third game is coming at the end of next week. 

Seems a little BS to make a release of only the third game considering there's already a wide release physical edition of the whole trilogy available for preorder (and has been for like a month or two).
At least this one is slightly cheaper.

Edited by Sumez

24 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Seems a little BS to make a release of only the third game considering there's already a wide release physical edition of the whole trilogy available for preorder (and has been for like a month or two).
At least this one is slightly cheaper.

Speaking for myself, LRG already released the first two separately, both of which I own, so if I couldn’t buy the third one and complete the set I’d be pretty pissed. Ideally they or some other publisher could do a separate release with all three games on one cartridge for whoever wants that.

Edited by dvertov

KInd of surprised the whole is it/not reproduction is throwing it's ugly face up in here.

Incorrect use of Repro = LIE by bootleggers to make people feel fuzzier about buying an illegal bootleg

Correct use of repro/reproduction == (I like that fridge, refrigerator comparison) is a licensed game that at some point, somewhere in the past was once sold, brought back from the ashes, and reproduced for legal sale once more due to buying out a license or the entire property(like PIKO, LRG does.)  Region does not matter, it's still reproducing a finished game from maybe 5, to 20 plus years in the past on a dead format, resurrecting it for sale to the general public.  Shantae on GBC is an excellent example of this, not all regions got it, but it's out again from LRG complete boxed up package no less.  Same as the original, except LRG art instead of Capcom on the paper product side, and also the load screen too pre-title screen.

I want to make an LRG purchase today and for the first time, I am considering getting the card protectors for the games I'm buying.

But, when I select the quantity I want and click Add To Cart, the page reloads and those protectors are not being added to my cart.

So, first, has anyone ordered those card protectors and if they put the cards in the protectors, is it worth the upgrade?  If they are the plastic, screwed/snapped together type of protectors, then $.75 is a good investment in my book.

Second, is anyone else having the same experience as me?  Can't get these protectors in their cart?

EDIT

Nevermind. I found that you can browse to these in the main app, and I could add them there.  These are also the hard-plastic sleeves with the option for the mylar pastic sleeves for the cards to go in first.  The screwed-cases are $4.99/ea which is more in line with what I'd expect for that type of upgrade.

Edited by RH

9 hours ago, dvertov said:

Ideally they or some other publisher could do a separate release with all three games on one cartridge for whoever wants that.

That's the thing though. The other release with all three games already exists, and was announced long ago. 

30 minutes ago, Sumez said:

That's the thing though. The other release with all three games already exists, and was announced long ago. 

I’m aware. So buy that or wait for somebody else to do an English version. This one is for people like me who already own the first two standalone releases, and that’s ok.

7 hours ago, RH said:

I want to make an LRG purchase today and for the first time, I am considering getting the card protectors for the games I'm buying.

But, when I select the quantity I want and click Add To Cart, the page reloads and those protectors are not being added to my cart.

So, first, has anyone ordered those card protectors and if they put the cards in the protectors, is it worth the upgrade?  If they are the plastic, screwed/snapped together type of protectors, then $.75 is a good investment in my book.

Second, is anyone else having the same experience as me?  Can't get these protectors in their cart?

EDIT

Nevermind. I found that you can browse to these in the main app, and I could add them there.  These are also the hard-plastic sleeves with the option for the mylar pastic sleeves for the cards to go in first.  The screwed-cases are $4.99/ea which is more in line with what I'd expect for that type of upgrade.

Can't you just buy top loaders for a fraction of the price. Hell, I have a few spares I can give you for free if you pay shipping (although they're a bit scratched as they are used).

Better yet, invest in some card saver 1's and soft sleeves, which are much better and also a fraction of the price that LRG is charging.

22 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Can't you just buy top loaders for a fraction of the price. Hell, I have a few spares I can give you for free if you pay shipping (although they're a bit scratched as they are used).

Better yet, invest in some card saver 1's and soft sleeves, which are much better and also a fraction of the price that LRG is charging.

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on the upgrade. I thought they might be nicer than they were.

8 hours ago, RH said:

EDIT

I haven't had any problems, I add a few to every order. I have 10 more coming with my next order.

IMG_20210528_175046.jpg

IMG_20210528_175107.jpg

• Like 1

Zero three is a tough decision. Bought the first two, the first one is garbage. People say two is better, but I haven't played yet. The Switch already has a trilogy, but since I am not interested in playing the first game, that is kind of irrelevant. Guess I got to play the second game and see if it is any good before the pre-order ends.

14 minutes ago, Californication said:

Zero three is a tough decision. Bought the first two, the first one is garbage. People say two is better, but I haven't played yet. The Switch already has a trilogy, but since I am not interested in playing the first game, that is kind of irrelevant. Guess I got to play the second game and see if it is any good before the pre-order ends.

Definitely try it out. It's a short game, and it's a massive improvement over the first one. The boss fights are actually great this time around, and so are the top-down dungeons, which are more action packed, and less based on mapping out identical rooms.

You also spend more time in the tank overall, and even fight a lot of the bosses in it. It's one of the few Inti Creates games that I genuinely think is great.
But whether 3 will be good or not is a bit of a gamble, I get that.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, Californication said:

I enjoyed both... I know most people prefer the second, but I felt like part 1 had a tighter and more cohesive world, whereas part 2 went on too long for me. They are ~90% the same game though IMO, so if you though the first was garbage I'm not sure how much of an improvement you'll see in the second one.

Finally just got a shipping notice for Darius: Cozmic Revelation from Strictly Limited. Still no word on my Cotton Reboot preorder, although their website says it's expected to ship in July. These are only my 2nd and 3rd orders from this publisher but my experience so far is that they make Limited Run look snappy.

8 hours ago, dvertov said:

I enjoyed both... I know most people prefer the second, but I felt like part 1 had a tighter and more cohesive world, whereas part 2 went on too long for me. They are ~90% the same game though IMO, so if you though the first was garbage I'm not sure how much of an improvement you'll see in the second one.

And I'm the opposite, I found #2 garbage.  The boss fights I found dragged on and were just aggravating instead of fun, and like you said the worlds are just not cohesive, not fun at all really, just felt like poorly slapped together sequel to cash in from.  I just SOLD #2 and was happy to get my money back out of it, and I won't be buying #3 or paying it any attention due to the second one.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, dvertov said:

And @Tanooki,

When I played the first one I was expecting a modern shiny version of the NES game. When I played the virst three areas, the layout was similar, but the game was way easier. Easy to the point of not wanting to continue. I think the character takes less damage, the levels leave more spacing between obstacles and enemies, and the tank seemed to jump a little too high. 

The level design on the Nes version was great and complimented the characters abilities and I feel like Zero 1 completly nerfed that.

• Like 1

On the other hand, if you do think the first BMZ is garbage, you won't like the second either. If you thought the first could have been good but had issues, good chance those were corrected in the sequel. So the point has merit.

I agree with @Californication, BMZ1 is definitely too easy to the point where it feels pointless. But on the other hand, I don't think the original NES game is really that great either, and knowing how Inti Creates usually deal with adding difficulty to their games, it might even be better this way.

BMZ2 isn't much harder, but I think it still requires you to play around with your skills more to the point where it's at least less of a pushover. And the bosses require proper reactions this time, rather than just going down in a couple of seconds.

Welp, being a hair late + creating an account and doing bot-check cost me too much time for Razion Ex, didn't expect it to sell out that fast. They mentioned in tweet about 1st batch that it sold out in 3 minutes but didn't have unit limits, now with 1 of each max per person I think it was 2-ish minutes for Limited and 3-ish for Standard. Well I have to let the Switch fanatics fight over it 👼 Demand is severely underestimated when you can flip a fresh release for 2-4x~ price.