IGNORED

Limited Run Games

2 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I got an email from one of the game companies (probably LRG) awhile back that they were either dropping DHL or doing something different in the way they dealt with the,.  Unfortunately I can't find it now - Iikely deleted it.

It could have been LRG but the tracking for this package was DHL. However, yesterday they handed it off to the USPS so it was delivered in the mail.

I know we had COVID delays but most of that is over and it was worse than my former USPS experiences.

23 minutes ago, RH said:

It could have been LRG but the tracking for this package was DHL. However, yesterday they handed it off to the USPS so it was delivered in the mail.

I know we had COVID delays but most of that is over and it was worse than my former USPS experiences.

Yeah - but the email was about DHL - I got it much after an earlier notification (May 21) that LRG had received the collector's editions of the Obar Din and they would be shipping soon.   

I didn't look at it closely but the gist was that they were unhappy with something about DHL's performance. I didn't get a notification when it had shipped - not sure if LRG or DHL should have done that.

Edit - I did get the Return of the Obar Dinn and To the Moon in two separate packages via USPS about an hour ago.

Edited by Tabonga

I did find this:

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/lrg-shipping-update

DHL got the Obar Dinn on June 7th and the To the Moon on  June 9th.  I got notifications that they would be shipping soon on May 21 for Obar Din and To the Moon on May 5th.  So it seems  likely that LRG was sitting on them for quite awhile for some reason.  (Maybe while they were deciding to switch (as it were) to DHL???)

Edited by Tabonga

1 hour ago, RH said:

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Yeah - but the email was about DHL - I got it much after an earlier notification (May 21) that LRG had received the collector's editions of the Obar Din and they would be shipping soon.   

I didn't look at it closely but the gist was that they were unhappy with something about DHL's performance. I didn't get a notification when it had shipped - not sure if LRG or DHL should have done that.

Edit - I did get the Return of the Obar Dinn and To the Moon in two separate packages via USPS about an hour ago.

There was a whole thing a few weeks ago where LRG was switching TO DHL for their shipping. It caused a small uproar because people seem to not like DHL.

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

There was a whole thing a few weeks ago where LRG was switching TO DHL for their shipping. It caused a small uproar because people seem to not like DHL.

I think that is what I read - either they emailed me or I came across it on the site.  I didn't pay it much attention - but the wait with these two releases seems to be much more on LRG's end - 7 days or so for the game to get here once DHL gets  it in their paws doesn't seem terribly outrageous.

• 2 weeks later...

PSA: Pixel Heart has posted a ship date of July for Tanuki Justice and Wallachia PS4. They previously listed the first semester of 2021 (whatever that means) and just recently updated it to July so it seems legit.

(Tanuki might be slightly cheaper on PlayAsia)

Edited by Californication

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow...I almost missed Genesis and SNES carts of Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol!  Just ordered today on the last day.  I think I must have missed the announcement last month when I was on vacation.  Glad they sent out a "reminder" email.

Edited by Sumer

2 hours ago, Sumer said:

Holy cow...I almost missed Genesis and SNES carts of Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol!  Just ordered today on the last day.  I think I must have missed the announcement last month when I was on vacation.  Glad they sent out a "reminder" email.

What exactly did you order if you don't mind me asking?

47 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

They reprinted the original style cartridges of both games for both systems in a standard color shell then an optional other style.  They're $60 a piece.

There are also the "premium editions" for $90 each. So if you order both premium editions, that's $180 + tax... adds up quickly!

27 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I can't see doing that.  I think I recall now that the game sadly is digital only, any format, so PC all the way, Switch probably not at all or gift card+discount at some point combined.

Nothing from LRG is digital only. In terms of Zombies Ate My Neighbors they had working SNES carts, as well as PS4 and Switch editions. Again, nothing digital. The collectors and premium editions included a bunch of swag such as soundtrack CDs etc... cool stuff 🙂

On 7/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, avatar! said:

What exactly did you order if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered the Genesis version (non-premium) of Zombies in the green translucent shell, and then Ghoul Patrol for SNES (non-premium) in the standard gray shell.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

LRG. Super Meatboy Forever coming out Friday. I want to know what ever happen to the first Super Meatboy for switch? I thought they were going to release it through their site at some point but it looks like it will forever be a Best Buy exclusive from LRG

No, it’s going to be up for sale during the same window. Best Buy sold their stock like 2 years ago but LRG held back their preorder so they could sell it alongside SM Forever.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I was able to snag a Super Meat Boy for Vita this morning.  I wonder if that's going to be the last North American Vita release?  I know Play-Asia is still trickling out Asian games with the option for English

I tried for the Vita copy with the 2nd batch.  Yeah, sold out in like 20 seconds.   Oh well... 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I was able to snag a Super Meat Boy for Vita this morning.  I wonder if that's going to be the last North American Vita release?  I know Play-Asia is still trickling out Asian games with the option for English

There were promo copies of 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV sold on eBay a while back. I think it's possible that they've been printed and Nicalis has just been holding off on selling them for some reason.  At least, they said they would be released when the promo copies leaked out.  I'm not sure if they've made any statements about them since then though.

Also tried for Super Meat Boy, but wasn't quick enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NintendoTwizer said:

I tried for the Vita copy with the 2nd batch.  Yeah, sold out in like 20 seconds.   Oh well... 

Your not exaggerating, they went up for sale at 6:00PM and were totally sold out before 6:01PM.

This is really stupid. Why do they make print runs of 2000? It always leaves tons of people feeling pissed 😡 

Managed to get a Super Meat Boy Vita CE in the first batch. Glad I went for the CE cause it sold out slower.

6 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Your not exaggerating, they went up for sale at 6:00PM and were totally sold out before 6:01PM.

This is really stupid. Why do they make print runs of 2000? It always leaves tons of people feeling pissed 😡 

They had to ration their last Vita carts for their last releases, there was no way to make any of the last releases a big print run or pre-order anymore.