IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, fox said:

Why are they canceled?

I believe that Sumez may be referring to the fact that DotEmu announced a reprint (If you can even call it that? re-release maybe?) of the physical edition of Streets of Rage 4 through another publisher, immediately following the LRG release of it. Which killed the value of everyone's investment I guess? I don't know, I haven't really been keeping track of other people's hard bought stocks games. That said, I don't intend on purchasing 20+ copies to resell, so I shouldn't go bankrupt from purchasing a copy of ZAMN + GP even if DotEmu decides to reprint it at a later date.

Edited by Sir Centroid

6 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

I believe that Sumez may be referring to the fact that DotEmu announced a reprint (If you can even call it that? re-release maybe?) of the physical edition of Streets of Rage 4 through another publisher, immediately following the LRG release of it. Which killed the value of everyone's investment I guess?

No no no, not going exclusively via LRG is a good thing.

I'm referring to the fact that DotEmu's emulator re-releases of old games historically have been super lazy, poorly made, and prone to input lag, shimmering, shitty scaling, and all that stuff you usually want to avoid in that kind of release.
If they can change that around, that's good, but they have a bit of a poor reputation.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'm referring to the fact that DotEmu's emulator re-releases of old games historically have been super lazy, poorly made, and prone to input lag, shimmering, shitty scaling, and all that stuff you usually want to avoid in that kind of release.
If they can change that around, that's good, but they have a bit of a poor reputation.

Thanks for the heads up! While that's not ideal, I don't actually have much prior experience with the game on its original hardware, so it's likely that I won't notice much of a difference, and for me the ability to play it on the go with the Switch Lite absolutely beats the hell out of spending $100+ for an Snes + cart. If it ends up playing like shit though, I'll probably just trade it away.

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Really? I had heard differently. I thought their ports were pretty good. 

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Really? I had heard differently. I thought their ports were pretty good. 

It's hit and miss, and mostly the miss part due to years of sketchy releases on multiple formats.  Take for instance, the Neo Geo 20th Anniversary package humble bundle blew out years ago.  They coded these servicable at best(generous) emulators and just used raw board dumps inside of zip files for use.  They work, just not correctly great, and the games lack all the customary dipswitch choices too.  The only real value using the sets in a good emulator.  And then much of their early mobile and PC projects and emulator packages have testy problems, weird glitches, instability in frame rate/time, more poor emulation.  Yet in the last few years, they got their crap together and much of what they do put out does work great, has added features (even neo geo- Neo Turf Masters mobile smooth and added stuff), and other nice things.  But most people just see dotemu and beat them over the head due to their well deserved earlier reputation and won't give them a chance.  ATGames is the same, mostly shit peddlers, yet their very last Sega Genesis console system, the harder to get 2019 Android box, emulation is superior to Sega's mini, and uses legit carts, because they licensed genesisgx plus instead of using their own wonky code.

The cmos battery will not be a huge dealbreaker as long people don’t let it die. Just replace the battery before the Sony servers go down. That should buy you another 10-15 years of system life.

If you need to change the battery after that point, there’s a way to give bypass power to the battery terminals in parallel the battery itself so that it can be replaced without dropping the load. Probably not a thing for the average person to attempt to do, but I’m sure there will be plenty of people that will know how to do this properly.

If you do end up losing your system, then someone in the hacking community will have backups of the latest firmware and game updates. It’s not the end of the world, people just like to complain 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Tanooki said:

No mail still on mine.  I do check on it at the site, and as it sits now it has been sitting in the green with on-hand for a little time now, yet still unfulfilled for whatever reason.  So they have it, they're just not shipping it.  It was to ship with Doom 64 Switch, which has been on hand even longer, so there's really no reason other than a lazy screw up or something.

Might be worth emailing them to see what their problem is exactly.

I just received my shipping notification yesterday, so I wouldn't be worried if you haven't heard yet.  It should be soon.

6 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I just received my shipping notification yesterday, so I wouldn't be worried if you haven't heard yet.  It should be soon.

Nice.  I happened to end up talking to them live on facebook this morning.  I happened to ask a question they didn't yet have an answer to sadly they'll look into (what's on the castlevania bundle audio cd) and I remembered at the last moment and asked.  Said it was setup for pickup, not sure why it hadn't moved, but said if I didn't see anything by the end of the week to let them know.  Very friendly whoever that was on that account then.

I did in fact also talk to Jeremy Parish this morning too, grabbed his email off an account of his and surprised how fast I got a reply back.  I wanted to know about the NGPC collection box set for $80, specifically the book when I found out he wrote it.  I asked if in vague terms he could tell me anything non NDA busting what I'd look forward to in there, and learning what I did, I ordered the package.  That book is nearly 200 pages long and is done just like his high quality 'works' books for the Nintendo systems, and it has all the same hard core detail, stories, histories, and the tie backs to the MVS/arcade stuff too.  I can't wait to crack into that book even more than the game package to be honest about it completely.

Well, if that guy has his wife on board, and if he has a decent job (and no kids), then good luck with his quest.  He can do it.  It'll take time, but if money is no object, it's doable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be another "where muh games at?!" poster but did anyone else order Heave Ho! from LRG or any of the other sites it was suppose to be distributed through?  I know ever game is different, but as a distributor, I got my copy of Ion Fury in a couple of weeks after the purchase period closed.  We're going on 6 months after the sale of Heave Ho! and nothing?

I don't think there was a special edition or anything, just a game.  Anyone else heard anything from Twitter or anywhere about the hold up of this title?  I actually bought it for Christmas to play with my kids.  I'm glad I didn't tell them about it.  I guess I can give it to them THIS Christmas season because from the looks of things, this might not arrive until the fall of this year anyway!

15 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Lol

C3FAEC5E-3CD3-4086-A725-A08F6A911996.jpeg

157F5A2A-313D-46DD-9762-8C564C24F78E.jpeg

Limited Run is a company, limited run is a run that's limited. When people don't capitalize properly, it makes it confusing for the person trying to interpret it. I would have been confused as well.

I would much rather help my uncle Jack off a horse rather than help my uncle jack off a horse.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Limited Run is a company, limited run is a run that's limited. When people don't capitalize properly, it makes it confusing for the person trying to interpret it. I would have been confused as well.

I would much rather help my uncle Jack off a horse rather than help my uncle jack off a horse.

I’m only laughing about someone saying they want to go for a fullset without being aware of the forced rarity of a good portion of the Switch library 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Well, if that guy has his wife on board, and if he has a decent job (and no kids), then good luck with his quest.  He can do it.  It'll take time, but if money is no object, it's doable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be another "where muh games at?!" poster but did anyone else order Heave Ho! from LRG or any of the other sites it was suppose to be distributed through?  I know ever game is different, but as a distributor, I got my copy of Ion Fury in a couple of weeks after the purchase period closed.  We're going on 6 months after the sale of Heave Ho! and nothing?

I don't think there was a special edition or anything, just a game.  Anyone else heard anything from Twitter or anywhere about the hold up of this title?  I actually bought it for Christmas to play with my kids.  I'm glad I didn't tell them about it.  I guess I can give it to them THIS Christmas season because from the looks of things, this might not arrive until the fall of this year anyway!

You cant base the timeframe of one game (Heave Ho) to another (Ion Fury). Like you said every game is different. Especially the order sizes, smaller orders are probably put on the back burner and in the “when we have a break in the schedule” at Nintendo. 

Also I believe Heave Ho is actually a Special Reserve Games release that was also sold through LRG. Which they've done with alot of their games.  So the slowness is on SRG. LRG in this case has no control over the manufacturing in this case and are merely a store front for the game no different then Walmart. Ion Fury on the other hand was all LRG and I believe they had at least some copies printed in advance on that particular one

57 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Also I believe Heave Ho is actually a Special Reserve Games release that was also sold through LRG. Which they've done with alot of their games.  So the slowness is on SRG. LRG in this case has no control over the manufacturing in this case and are merely a store front for the game no different then Walmart.

This is correct