IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 5/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, Tanooki said:

Nice.  I happened to end up talking to them live on facebook this morning.  I happened to ask a question they didn't yet have an answer to sadly they'll look into (what's on the castlevania bundle audio cd) and I remembered at the last moment and asked.  Said it was setup for pickup, not sure why it hadn't moved, but said if I didn't see anything by the end of the week to let them know.  Very friendly whoever that was on that account then.

I did in fact also talk to Jeremy Parish this morning too, grabbed his email off an account of his and surprised how fast I got a reply back.  I wanted to know about the NGPC collection box set for $80, specifically the book when I found out he wrote it.  I asked if in vague terms he could tell me anything non NDA busting what I'd look forward to in there, and learning what I did, I ordered the package.  That book is nearly 200 pages long and is done just like his high quality 'works' books for the Nintendo systems, and it has all the same hard core detail, stories, histories, and the tie backs to the MVS/arcade stuff too.  I can't wait to crack into that book even more than the game package to be honest about it completely.

I was disappointing to find out that there are no plans to sell that book separately. I love Jeremy Parish's stuff, I own both NES and Game Boy Works books and eagerly await his SNES and Virtual Boy ones. But I don't own a Switch and there's no way I can justify spending that amount of money just to get the book. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asmikace said:

Now that is a released i am interested in getting. I would have gotten the Toaplan if I already didn't have the games before hand but I am happy LRG are releasing stuff that never got a physical release.

This isn't published by LRG, but it looks like they will sell it on their site as a distributor.  

Edited by TDIRunner

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

Wily Wars definitely has a physical release 😆 It's on my shelf.

The Japanese version has Japanese text on the print material. The Euro version has English, but doesn’t it run at 50Hz?

ThIs NA release is English language, running 60Hz and they fixed slowdown in some portions of the game like the Yellow Devil boss fight

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

You gonna dig in and play the game, or will it be on the shelf only?

🙂

I actually intend to play all of my games - of course that involves more time than I generally have.  In this case I certainly am going to open it to look at the goodies inside.

• Like 1

Finally got around to unboxing and playing the Astro City Mini I got from LRG. It's amazing! Solid unit, great screen, great controls, I didn't even mind the small size, it's not as small as I expected it to be anyway. I managed to play all the way through Space Harrier on it and was impressed with it, also played a bit of Wonder Boy and Cotton and I look forward to going back and playing some other games too. 

Well amazing, the box finally showed up and inside with a little paper packing Shantae on top, DOOM(64) under it.  Once my kid is in her room or ours for chill time before bed I'm going to be ripping open some long awaited shrink wrap removal.

I've not touched Shantae in a very long time, Doom 64 kind of too, I do touch it every now and again.

...now the only outstanding problem is where's my copy of Cotton from Strictly Limited Games?!  Preordered that 11/20/20.  That one I think had a few companies put it out?   I just know others have claimed to got their game for a little while now so this one is annoying me to the point I may just demand a refund and look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

...now the only outstanding problem is where's my copy of Cotton from Strictly Limited Games?!  Preordered that 11/20/20.  That one I think had a few companies put it out?   I just know others have claimed to got their game for a little while now so this one is annoying me to the point I may just demand a refund and look elsewhere.

I ordered from them too and I haven't received mine yet either

i only ordered once from Strictly Limited and it took FOREVER to get the game. after i preordered  the game was released by at least 2 other publishers, including at retail, while all i could do was wait. not impressed, although every interaction i had with them was pleasant.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well amazing, the box finally showed up and inside with a little paper packing Shantae on top, DOOM(64) under it.  Once my kid is in her room or ours for chill time before bed I'm going to be ripping open some long awaited shrink wrap removal.

I've not touched Shantae in a very long time, Doom 64 kind of too, I do touch it every now and again.

I received an email from them recently and they said around June/July. That one I believe is coming from their partner store. I’m still waiting too.

Seems like they're kind of slow and incompetent at least reading all that.  To have a deal setup to publish, but then have other publishers(multiple) including self publishing beat them to market is pretty weak.

I noticed also when starting Shantae the ROM clearly has been redone, LRG logo where Capcom's was, probably same in the back end credits too.  Makes  you wonder if someone bothered to dump that thing or not as a variant, or any of their other releases since.

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Seems like they're kind of slow and incompetent at least reading all that.  To have a deal setup to publish, but then have other publishers(multiple) including self publishing beat them to market is pretty weak.

I noticed also when starting Shantae the ROM clearly has been redone, LRG logo where Capcom's was, probably same in the back end credits too.  Makes  you wonder if someone bothered to dump that thing or not as a variant, or any of their other releases since.

Yeah they’re very slow. I actually cancelled all my pre orders with them except Cotton because I managed to secure the DX X68000 version for the Switch.

They were super friendly and gave me a refund instantly unlike LRG who threaten you if you even consider cancelling an order.

7 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Yeah they’re very slow. I actually cancelled all my pre orders with them except Cotton because I managed to secure the DX X68000 version for the Switch.

They were super friendly and gave me a refund instantly unlike LRG who threaten you if you even consider cancelling an order.

Odd, I accidentally double-ordered 2x copies of a game and they cancelled nny order for me. The pre-order window was still open though. Maybe that had something to do with it?

1 minute ago, RH said:

Odd, I accidentally double-ordered 2x copies of a game and they cancelled nny order for me. The pre-order window was still open though. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Yeah must have been it. Mine was a few months after. Or I may have just got unlucky with who picked up my ticket.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:15 PM, avatar! said:

MMWW-HEROSHOT.webp

This is really cool, but was bummed to find out they made the cart blue instead of black like original carts. Would have been nice to have a standard edition release with black cart and a manual, lately these releases seem to be pushing a lot of fluff just for the sake of it.

51 minutes ago, leonemesis said:

This is really cool, but was bummed to find out they made the cart blue instead of black like original carts. 

I don't know why Retro-Bit does this but I'm pretty sure all of their "retro reprints" have different colored carts than the original style. The 4 others they have on their site (3 SNES, 1 NES) are all black carts instead of gray. https://retro-bit.com/cartridges.html

iam8bit does the same thing... Mega Man X is white / blue, Street Fighter 2 is red, etc. etc. https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/legacy-cartridge-collection

My guess is that there's some patent / trademark protecting the official cartridge designs / colors and so to avoid violating that, they make the carts look a bit different. Same as how the unlicensed carts from back in the day would look different too. 

11 minutes ago, LastCat said:

Question, does LRG take forever to ship out games? I ask because I'm considering pre-ordering a game from them soon.

If it's open preorder then yes. The games don't even go to print until after the open-preorder round closes. And with COVID-related shipping delays (there's a worldwide shortage on shipping containers right now, believe it or not), that can exacerbate things further. 

• Like 1