IGNORED

Limited Run Games

2 hours ago, Scrobins said:

Looking forward to DeadTomb, though I really wish CollectorVision wasn't so inconsistent about game updates.

I really wish they'd finish a game I paid them for 4 fucking years ago. I keep seeing new projects they're working on and can't figure out how they have time for that but no time to finish previous projects.

Moderator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I really wish they'd finish a game I paid them for 4 fucking years ago. I keep seeing new projects they're working on and can't figure out how they have time for that but no time to finish previous projects.

They recently put out a sort of non-update for the NES Sydney Hunter but there isn't a sense of timeline. But what you just said exactly, I'm not sure they do have the time. It's a bunch of announcements and little substance to indicate progress, so aside from Justice Beaver, it's not clear they are actually doing work right now on those other games.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, Code Monkey said:

Could be worse.  I'm at nearly 6 years on Justice Beaver.  

17 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

LRG is releasing Towerfall and Shiren 5. Definitely picking up both of these CE's. Very excited.

Took 'em long enough to release Towerfall!

Does anyone know if Towerfall is actually "fun" as a single-player game?

It's interesting they're also releasing Shiren 5. That game is a decade old. Still, no qualms about releasing older games, hope we see more of them. That said, for anyone with a Vita, you can find a  nice copy of Shiren 5 for cheap!

31 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I mean, what’s the oldest game they’ve published? Windjammers was 24 years old when it came out for Switch in 2018...

Some of the other SNK stuff is also quite old. Won't surprise me if we see games that were released on the Switch and PS4 come out on the PS5 🙂

Heck, I should say it WILL surprise me if they don't do that!

I emailed LRG to cancel my Blaster Master Zero pre order because I’ve decided to go digital on it and this is the response I was given (see below).

Never seen a company literally say you only get one chance at a refund for goods pre ordered. This is highly illegal in Aust. and I would imagine similar in the US. 

If I need to do another refund in the future I guess I’m going to have to do a chargeback. 

Very unprofessional and this has made me re think future pre orders if this is their customer service.

“I hope you’re having a good afternoon!
We do have an “all sales are final” policy as is outlined on the website.
This leaves us with a few options.

1. You can request a one-time courtesy cancellation. *Please note this can be a maximum of once per customer.”

40 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I emailed LRG to cancel my Blaster Master Zero pre order because I’ve decided to go digital on it and this is the response I was given (see below).

Never seen a company literally say you only get one chance at a refund for goods pre ordered. This is highly illegal in Aust. and I would imagine similar in the US. 

If I need to do another refund in the future I guess I’m going to have to do a chargeback. 

Very unprofessional and this has made me re think future pre orders if this is their customer service.

1. You can request a one-time courtesy cancellation. *Please note this can be a maximum of once per customer.”

Let me make sure I have the events correct......

• You read their terms and conditions outlining their return policy.
  • You agreed to them and ordered a game.
  • You ignored their terms and made up your own to try and cancel.
  • They reiterated their terms to you.
  • You complained about the terms to which you agreed.

Am I correct? It amazes me what people will complain about these days.

21 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Let me make sure I have the events correct......

• You read their terms and conditions outlining their return policy.
  • You agreed to them and ordered a game.
  • You ignored their terms and made up your own to try and cancel.
  • They reiterated their terms to you.
  • You complained about the terms to which you agreed.

This is illegal in Australia and if LRG want to sell in Australia they must follow local laws. Otherwise we would have cowboys opening up any online shops with “pre orders” with bogus terms.

From your absolutely rude response I take it in the US you can write anything you want in your terms and be on your merry way. 

My point was to give a heads up to those that might not be aware that LRG like to make it difficult on refunds for pre orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shmup said:

This is illegal in Australia and if LRG want to sell in Australia they must follow local laws. Otherwise we would have cowboys opening up any online shops with “pre orders” with bogus terms.

From your absolutely rude response I take it in the US you can write anything you want in your terms and be on your merry way. 

My point was to give a heads up to those that might not be aware that LRG like to make it difficult on refunds for pre orders.

I don't live in the USA.

Can I see where in Australia law it states this? I like reading rules.

24 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Can I see where in Australia law it states this? I like reading rules.

I would be interested in reading this as well.  I've always heard their laws protect people from canceled products or products that don't work as described, but not from people changing their mind, which is clearly the case here.  

34 minutes ago, Shmup said:

From your absolutely rude response 

If you re-read your original post, you will see that he responded in kind.  

15 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If you re-read your original post, you will see that he responded in kind.  

If we take this as the OP in this mini digression I don't see anything particularly rude about it - rightly or wrongly he is expressing his opinion/dissatisfaction with LRG's customer service/policies.  Certainly didn't cast any aspersions on anyone here that I can see.

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I never said his OP was rude.  I said the response to it was in kind, which it was. 

You did say "he responded in kind" - certainly implies IMHO that something in the OP was rude.

I don't think this little jab (whether you agree with it or not it is much more directed than anything in the OP was) qualifies as "in kind".

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Edited by Tabonga

3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'll put it another way, the response was no more rude than the OP.  You can take that however you want, but regardless, the response was very fitting.

I can't see anything remotely rude about the OP  - the response was more snarky IMHO than the OP called for. 

2 hours ago, Shmup said:

Very unprofessional

I don’t see anything “unprofessional” about having a no cancellation policy stated on every product and sticking to that. I think it’s nice that they offer a courtesy cancellation too. 

Maybe not allowing cancellations is illegal in Australia, I don’t know, but it’s legal in the USA.

32 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I don’t see anything “unprofessional” about having a no cancellation policy stated on every product and sticking to that. I think it’s nice that they offer a courtesy cancellation too. 

Maybe not allowing cancellations is illegal in Australia, I don’t know, but it’s legal in the USA.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now and not as unprofessional as originally thought.

We have different consumer protections here so you get used to what you know as the norm. 

I'd like to see Hades and Panzer Paladin get releases; there hasn't been much otherwise that's resonated with me since SoR4.

I am hoping that there are some interesting titles for their new years sale this year; I didn't get Blasphemous for Switch or Papers, Please for Vita since I figured I'd grab them at PRGE 2020...*sigh*

I keep waffling on whether I should have ordered Grandia HD Collection. Ah well 😕