IGNORED

Limited Run Games

17 hours ago, avatar! said:

I've not heard anything about Panzer Dragoon myself. I understand delays, but it would be nice if they send us updates...

Yeah, like I said, they did send out an email in mid-September and I appreciated their decision.  I know that many people complained about lack of features and small in-game tweaks that could have made it immensely better and, supposedly, by version 1.3 they made those changes.  So, yes, I want that version.  Regardless, that email was 2 months ago and we've since been ghosted.

I also ordered Grandia.  I'm starting to wonder if I might get that one before PD and Myst.

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I said I added them to the list, I never said "oh look this new game is just coming out" and I'm sure there are some people that don't know about Nicalis.

You said good news. News means you have new information. The pre-order opened two and a half months ago, the game has shipped, people are playing it. It's not news.

13 hours ago, Sumez said:

If they're "well worth supporting" then that's definitely news. I don't think you need to add more than just "nicalis" to a search query to uncover a wealth of their BS, and why people hate them so much.

Wow, I had no idea. I was just going by the games they published. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll amend this

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-ghosting-racism-and-exploitation-at-game-p-1838068522

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cartman said:

Matt was getting Jewed by his bank today😂

"Jewed" is not a harmless verb and is very offensive. Can we please try to avoid using anti-Semitic and bigoted language? It's not appropriate in this community, or any community. For the record, I'm not accusing anyone here of being bigoted, but that saying certainly is inappropriate.

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

"Jewed" is not a harmless verb and is very offensive. Can we please try to avoid using anti-Semitic and bigoted language? It's not appropriate in this community, or any community. For the record, I'm not accusing anyone here of being bigoted, but that saying certainly is inappropriate.

This.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

It's funny to me but it doesn't have to be to you it's alright. 

2 minutes ago, cartman said:

It's funny to me but it doesn't have to be to you it's alright. 

I'm sorry you find hurtful and bigoted language "funny".

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but it's not "alright" to post such language here in this community. The first rule of this community is "Treat other members with the respect they deserve. All members are equals." By using old anti-Semitic slurs such as "Jewed" you are denigrating and alienating everyone who is Jewish. I hope you can understand why I say such words are not acceptable?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I'm sorry you find hurtful and bigoted language "funny".

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but it's not "alright" to post such language here in this community. The first rule of this community is "Treat other members with the respect they deserve. All members are equals." By using old anti-Semitic slurs such as "Jewed" you are denigrating and alienating everyone who is Jewish. I hope you can understand why I say such words are not acceptable?

What you find offensive is not an objective truth it's just as subjective as what i think. Altough a lot of people who get offended do feel entitled and impose their views on others on what jargon should be acceptable that's nothing new.

But a forum is someones private entity so it's kinda obsolete to bring up as an argument. Ownership trumps free speech regardless of who would've been in the wrong.

12 minutes ago, cartman said:

What you find offensive is not an objective truth it's just as subjective as what i think. Altough a lot of people who get offended do feel entitled and impose their views on others on what jargon should be acceptable that's nothing new.

But a forum is someones private entity so it's kinda obsolete to bring up as an argument. Ownership trumps free speech regardless of who would've been in the wrong.

Again, you're entitled to think/believe whatever you want. I personally have no tolerance for any form of bigotry, and there's no arguing that saying "Jewed" is offensive and hurtful - it has always been a slur and will always be so. There's also no arguing that such terms have no place here. I think @Gloves made that perfectly clear.

Edited by avatar!

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Just to be clear, it's 100% a racial slur and not allowed here. @avatar! sums it up perfectly - this is not the place for that. Be respectful of those around you.

It's a slur of sorts, i think it's more jargon. In his case that's what i got from it it was just the way he talks rather than attacks.

But i get it - it's new times now and everyone who is offended has been allowed to have a ball and impose themselves by taking everything that made culture colorful and phase it out. It's all gone down the shitter.

Administrator · Posted

We're not having a discussion about what is and isn't offensive, this is the Limited Run Games thread. This isn't the forum for discussing what is and isn't offensive, and it's not the forum for haphazardly using slurs like that (whether you think it is or not).

This simply isn't a discussion, and it's over now. Further derailing of the thread will be official warnings.

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Again, you're entitled to think/believe whatever you want. I personally have no tolerance for any form of bigotry, and there's no arguing that saying "Jewed" is offensive and hurtful - it has always been a slur and will always be so. There's also no arguing that such terms have no place here. I think @Gloves made that perfectly clear.

If there is "no arguing" then you're stating facts. Since i don't think it's particularly offensive or hurtful any more than other jokes there obviously is arguing, because the issue is subjective.

But yes the springing point here is that VGS rules apply so like i said it doesn't really make any difference. But your stance is actually bigoted aswell, the fact that it's done it the name of good doesn't make it any less so. Everyone who is bigoted feel that their cause is just.

Let's get back to LRG.