IGNORED

Limited Run Games

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

*SIGH* i'm going to have to order from lethargically released games.  They just had to go and pop up a Valis Collection II in english, no one has the rights otherwise even overseas like the last.  CRAP.

For perspective, Feb 3rd was my pay date on Collection #1, oh and you know what, awhile back they removed a quarter to ship it, and still have NO RELEASE DATE.  7 damn months, then this... Get it in 2024 I guess?

I was underwhelmed with their Collector's Edition for Valis II.

NO artbook.

NO CD soundtrack.

I consider the two collectibles above staples for collector's editions. Well, on the other hand I saved a bunch of money by just ordering the regular edition 🙂

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I was underwhelmed with their Collector's Edition for Valis II.

NO artbook.

NO CD soundtrack.

I consider the two collectibles above staples for collector's editions. Well, on the other hand I saved a bunch of money by just ordering the regular edition 🙂

Agreed.  Those are the ONLY extras I'm ever interested in.  Anything beyond that is extra crap I don't want to store.  I've been buying from LRG from the beginning, but I haven't bought a single LE or CE from them.  The closest I ever came was with Dark Forces, but it was just too much stuff I didn't want.  

• Like 1

I'm really not surprised by them anymore @avatar! they keep getting more and more sloppy and lazy, not just with shipping things out, but what they ship in their packages.  Did you notice they're now asking $45 vs $40 for such a package **AND** charging another $6 ($45 vs 51) for their trading card?  It's not even thrown in anymore, it's an pay for extra.

If they're that hard up for cash they can't throw a card in anymore it makes you worry if they're going to last or not.  I may still risk the money for the card (didn't pull trigger yet, have the page up though) but it's kind of ominous and curious to say the least.

Edited by Tanooki

@TanookiA free base card with a gold card opportunity still exists for all games they are publishing (not the distribution line games, none of which get cards.)  They go and do other cards in addition to for some sets and sell them in the bundles.  They've done it for Shantae (character sets), Turok (buncha dinos) and a few others the last few years.  Those really only matter if you're chasing their trading cards too.

Edited by PapaStu

20 hours ago, RH said:

Whether it's through the NSO or through LRG, I keep holding out for a physical release of Shadows of the Empire.  Seriously, why aren't we seeing a release of this game. 

Didn't LRG already do that game?
https://limitedrungames.com/products/star-wars-shadows-of-the-empire-n64-premium-edition

11 hours ago, Sumez said:

7 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I am guessing he would like a modern console version.

Correct.  Preferably the Switch.  Heck, I might even consider paying for a DLC remastered copy if that’s all there was and I hate DLC-only.

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

I have absolutely no interest in this, but I'm sure it will sell quickly and then 2-3 times cost on ebay...

I would actually love to get these.  I like the box art, and the 10 games will look good all together, but I'm not paying $100 per game for this set.  If it was under $50, I would probably be getting them.  

• Like 1

@Tabonga I'm still stewing at the unmitigated gall on their part to take my money back at the start of Febuary, promise a quarter, to then quietly erase that number and then demand(ask) money for the other half of the series of titles in Vol 2 now, still not having shipped out or addressed a date for the first.  I'm mad, but trapped.  There's no other english release to own, just a digital rental, so I'll have to give them money or just forget about it which stings because if Vol1 is any indication I'd see it sometime in 2024.  Lethargically Released Games sucks.

@Tanooki - They are by no means my favorite place to get stuff - I like the Iam8bit and Super Rare Games model where they actually have the stuff on hand when they offer it up much better.  But Limited Run does deliver eventually (and they are better than Strictly Limited (among others)  in that regard) - so they are not a scam per se - just very lackadaisical in their practices.  And when I order from them I know that this is a problem when I get into the process.  Sucks but life is often like that................

@Tabonga Well yeah SLG are just disgusting, it's a shell company cash grab considering a larger parent co-runs that and ININ you see through Amazon and you get the same game either way, but with ININ you actually get it without a month to years(if ever) wait before the cheapo bar hits 100%.  I Am 8bit and Super Rare I didn't know they had their model of on hand, then we sell, that's how stuff should be.  Even if it means doing more reprints, basically the small run run re-run style Atlus does to not take the hit, that's fine.

16 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Modern consoles are like zombies. They just can't die. You'll buy it. Do it!

Good example but... can you still buy games like Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy IX (I think) from Square Enix directly?  I swear they weren't selling just a massive back stock of those, but would slowly make print runs because people would keep buying them direct.  I know they were available at least a couple of years ago.  Yup, the PS1 had a lifespan of at least 25 years by them alone.

Edited by RH

39 minutes ago, RH said:

Good example but... can you still buy games like Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy IX (I think) from Square Enix directly?  I swear they weren't selling just a massive back stock of those, but would slowly make print runs because people would keep buying them direct.  I know they were available at least a couple of years ago.  Yup, the PS1 had a lifespan of at least 25 years by them alone.

Although I haven't seen Square Enix selling those PS1 games since around COVID, they certainly continued to sell new PS1 games pretty regularly up until that point.  As you mentioned, they were new print runs, not leftover new stock.  You can tell the difference since the new print runs have a unique SLUS number and the back of the disc is not black.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

How is it any more disgusting than LRG

LRG sets since the fairly earlier days a hard date and you buy or you do not, that's it (until recent with some overstocks for their own online/brick n mortar sales.)

SLG they open a preorder, put up a meter 0-100%, and what they don't explicitly tell you is that until the 100% hits they won't proceed or cancel the run, but they will take your money and let the clock tick.  If a game takes a year or never hits 100% they just keep your money unless you contact them and do a process to get a refund.  They don't ever contact you once you pay, ever, no updates, no warnings, no question if you're still interested like they hope to just pocket the money and you forget.