IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Hopefully given who else that big business owns they sort these fools out and introduce speed, and re-introduce some integrity into the business.  Maybe they could convert it largely to just not having limited window bs rife with scalper abuse.  Just make the fluff packages limited order stuff.

Well that is kind of true, and by that logic, on Feb 3 I put an order in for Valis since it's the only english release annoyingly, and knowing how long it takes them to do their job and ship stuff out, I figure I'll have the game in time for the 2024 olympics or Switch Pro/2 whatever comes first.  Perhaps LRG needs to be now 'Last Released Games' under a new name for a new owner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well that is kind of true, and by that logic, on Feb 3 I put an order in for Valis since it's the only english release annoyingly, and knowing how long it takes them to do their job and ship stuff out, I figure I'll have the game in time for the 2024 olympics or Switch Pro/2 whatever comes first.  Perhaps LRG needs to be now 'Last Released Games' under a new name for a new owner.

time to start saving up for that complete Embracer collection

Apparently the people who started Embracer are some nerds with way way too much money at hand. It's being directed by a guy who's big into classic gaming and arcade stuff.

On one hand that means it's not just a soulless corporation only interested in gaining profit, so I guess that's.... good?

On the other hand that means there's now a massive multi million dollar corporation who's invading all the niche areas I care about! That's very, very bad.
Embracer already bought up the rights to all of Toaplan's games (which might spell doom for M2's absolutely amazing Toaplan Garage series way too early on), and they got their hands on Sunsoft as well, releasing a new port of Gimmick! The last thing is something that's been badly needed, but I'm not sure this is how it should have happened.

Edited by Sumez

14 hours ago, Sumez said:

Embracer already bought up the rights to all of Toaplan's games and they got their hands on Sunsoft as well, releasing a new port of Gimmick! The last thing is something that's been badly needed, but I'm not sure this is how it should have happened.

if this leads to an "official" NA release of Gimmick! on an NES cartridge, then i have nothing negative to say.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, MDM702 said:

I had no idea they had just released a new Valis collection! Shows you there's hope for old, almost-forgotten franchises. I don't have a Switch, but I like what this company is doing. Here's hoping they'll release a Sparkster/Rocket Knight collection with the two Genesis games, the lone SNES title, and the first physical release of the Rocket Knight reboot, which so far has been digital-only. I'd like a nice Sparkster figure packaged with it, too.

Don't give LRG any credit, they got I imagine the best bid to get the distribution in the NA market.  A publisher or two have it in asian regions, but more uniquely(and aggravatingly) didn't leave the english language stuff on their game cards, just the asian/japanese stuff.  I was forced to deal with LRGs bs on this one, if I could read Japanese I'd have had it awhile back.  They're more of a road block to enjoyment at this rate than a help.  And Sparkster/RKA are Konami games, and they haven't taken an interest in that for a long time so it's probably doubtful.

23 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yup: https://appsir.itch.io/phobos-dere-gb

You can buy it now for $3, or buy it when it goes live, then they'll maybe give you it sometime in 2023 because LRG seems to stand for Lethargic Released Games with their obvious motto of: ...eh, we'll get around to it.

Edited by Tanooki

• 3 weeks later...

They are slowly spitting stuff out - I got the CE of Zombies ate my neighbors and Unpacking recently.  I have three things that are in the nebulous status of "in the warehouse"* and 12 other titles on order.

*I think they must sub-lease space from Warehouse 13 - stuff lingers in the LRG house for a ridiculously long time.

50 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

They are slowly spitting stuff out - I got the CE of Zombies ate my neighbors and Unpacking recently.  I have three things that are in the nebulous status of "in the warehouse"* and 12 other titles on order.

*I think they must sub-lease space from Warehouse 13 - stuff lingers in the LRG house for a ridiculously long time.

I love the fact that they keep releasing classic LucasArts games! Now, I am eagerly awaiting the (hopefully) announcement for Loom.

Whether it's through the NSO or through LRG, I keep holding out for a physical release of Shadows of the Empire.  Seriously, why aren't we seeing a release of this game.  It's not like it wasn't a classic title, more so than some of the others we've seen like Pod Racer.  

I know I gave up on completing this game for the N64 Completion thread, but if it's portable on the Switch, I'm much more likely to finish it.

*SIGH* i'm going to have to order from lethargically released games.  They just had to go and pop up a Valis Collection II in english, no one has the rights otherwise even overseas like the last.  CRAP.

For perspective, Feb 3rd was my pay date on Collection #1, oh and you know what, awhile back they removed a quarter to ship it, and still have NO RELEASE DATE.  7 damn months, then this... Get it in 2024 I guess?