IGNORED

What was your last retail purchase in store?

GPX

Seems the last game related was my post here on the new finds thread, around the 10th of so of june, CIB Gauntlet II for NES at the Great Escape for $20.

If we're into new games though, it would be a couple months ago with Chrono Cross and Pocky & Rocky for Switch through play-asia.  Walking into a store, no idea, not even sure this year would qualify, have to check my Switch shelf.

12 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

12 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Nice. One of the best controllers for NES.

Thank you. 🙏

Felt lucky. Wasn't hanging up with the other controllers so I might have missed it other times I was in.  But looked down and saw a grey controller face down in a bin with quite a bit of wires and I was like "hmmm.... what are you doing down there?"

Edited by AirVillain

Yeah, the price of them and the Beeshu Zipper has doubled over the last five or ten years. You used to be able to get them for not much more than a regular controller.

I remember someone on NA posted about the Joycard and within a day or two all but the overpriced ones were snapped up off of the 'Bay.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, AirVillain said:

Bought a Sansui Joycard SSS.  $19.99.

Congrats!  That's my favourite third party controller by far, though it helps that I'm a huge Hudson Soft fan.  I actually tracked down a CIB, and proudly display the box in my game room.

As for the topic, we have a single decent retro game store in my area, so I actually buy loose Famicom carts semi-frequently.  My last "new" game purchase was Jay & Silent Bob for NES a year or two back, which I was delightfully surprised to see sitting on the shelf when I showed up one Saturday morning...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I've finally remembered! It was Walmart when they had Xenoblade Chronicles on sale for Switch for $10. The clerk only let me buy two, yolo. That looks like it was late January 2021. 

I think that may have been the last one for me also - I got 3 of them.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Probably Horizon: Forbidden West for PS5, which I picked up a couple weeks ago.  I'm playing Zero Dawn on PS5 now (since it has been years since I played it and I wanted to reconnect with the story/etc) and then after finishing that, I'll move to Forbidden West, which I'm SUPER excited about.

I paid full retail price for it - or maybe got a small discount, like $10 or something, I can't remember.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:55 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Congrats!  That's my favourite third party controller by far, though it helps that I'm a huge Hudson Soft fan.  I actually tracked down a CIB, and proudly display the box in my game room.

As for the topic, we have a single decent retro game store in my area, so I actually buy loose Famicom carts semi-frequently.  My last "new" game purchase was Jay & Silent Bob for NES a year or two back, which I was delightfully surprised to see sitting on the shelf when I showed up one Saturday morning...

Dang!

That's sweet!

I know it's a bit off topic, but can you post a picture of the box? That would be neat to see.

Sansui Joycard does deserve it's own thread, though... 

I went to The Salvation Army last week and found World Class Track Meet, Gran Turismo 5, and a PS3 Afterglow Controller: 

image.jpeg.444a9cecd0493a729870635e688615ed.jpeg

image.jpeg.fb79bb077f6acf091e42564e18bd1bb3.jpeg

image.jpeg.becfc5757e87398390900809a421d060.jpeg

The same day, I also went to Walmart and bought this Mario Switch Controller: 

image.jpeg.9507c18243b076b22a6f692479561771.jpeg

I'm thinking about buying Cruis'n Blast next. My local Walmart had two copies last week mixed in with the discounted games, so I'll go back and see if they have any left.

Edited by MegaMan52

This thread dangerously skirts I think the finds thread doesn't it? 😄   I mean the other day I found for $20 a GBA SP 101 Pearl Blue that didn't work, due to a cracked battery and 4 carts (for another $20), one which was really fubar (Zelda) but was able to fix with a couple hours of (for me, breaking new ground) diagnostics and repair work with a soldering kit.

The rare case when you do get some goodwill, at a Goodwill. 😉

@Bighab Yes go back, get it, Warlocked is amazing beyond what any right it has to be on a GBC of all things.  It's basically Warcraft 1 with added wizards to find/collect/use.  The fact it does as much as it does and fully spoken on each unit too is seemingly beyond what GBC should do, but does it well.

On 7/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

4 for $20 at GameStop the other day.  $15 after my coupon.

PXL_20220704_192954798.jpg

Does pre-owned count as a "retail purchase"?

I was trying to think of the last time I bought a new retail release in a physical store, and I think we need to go back at least a few console generations.

• Like 1