IGNORED

What was your last retail purchase in store?

GPX

It’s few and far between I buy something from a brick and mortar. The only current gen system I own is switch and owl boy is the last game I bought (Walmart). I’d reckon that was years ago.
when the local stores do get a game I’d be interested in I find the condition can’t hold up the price thats on par or $5 below e bay.

i find you have to deduct 13% and shipping in order to move items local. An item that sells for 25 on e bay I sell for 15 local.

• Like 1

I went to two games stores yesterday. I think I got $250 worth of stuff at one because I’d never been there and about $50 at a store I frequent. All SNES save for one Genesis game. Sure I probably could have got the games cheaper online but being hyper focused on getting games dirt cheap takes away from the fun for me. You can’t complain about not having games stores around you and simultaneously not be willing to pay a little bit more than online to support those stores. Don’t be an idiot though, the one game store had Peace Keepers for SNES priced at $95 but they do a cool thing where the put the month/year the game was priced and it was way out of date. Had the person look it up and they lowered the price to more inline with recent numbers. I find local game stores are willing to deal. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pretty sure everything was actually discounted at the time, but it was still purchased in a non-gaming-specific retail big-box store.  It would have to be the games I bought my son and wife for Christmas.  My tastes are pretty far off from current popular game culture, so I'd be hard pressed to say I'd bought anything new at retail for myself since maybe the launch of Fallout 4 (which I played for 15-20 minutes, hated, then returned to its CE coffin).  There were odds and ends I picked up toward the beginning of the PS4's life, and some odds and ends during the PS3 generation (primarily Skylanders), but I'd have to say the PS2 era was really the last time there was enough stuff coming out that I was interested in for me to make any sort of regular purchases, sadly.

• Like 1

The last game I purchased at retail price was Dragon Quest 11 at launch.  That sort of bit me in the ass when they then released a better version that I’d have to pay full retail for.

The last game I bought actually in a store had to have been Suikoden 5 or something on PS2.  It’s been a long time.

• Like 1

Last game I bought new in a store, probably either something on switch close to launch, or more likely, it was the launch night for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I remember that weekend because I had preordered the game and two gamecube adapters, but in our subsequent party it turned out we only had four gamecube controllers, so I never opened the second one. Turned out to be a boon, as the next day a friend told me about how they were going wild on ebay, and I turned around and sold my extra for more than the whole game and two adapters cost me, so thanks to the insanity for giving me that free game 😂

I might have also bought splatoon and breath of the wild in store, but I really don't remember. More recently I don't buy new games much, more often I will buy used stuff. Blame the high sales tax here 😛

• Like 1

I got to go into a B&M game shop for the first time in maybe a year last week.  Nothing caught my attention, but I always like to support them by at least picking up a cheap, nice NES or N64 title that I don't have that's $20 or less.  They had a copy of Ring King for the NES for $15. Not the most amazing purchase but like I said, I like to support local Retro shops.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I think the last time I purchased a game at retail was Xenoblade Chronicles for Switch on clearance at Walmart for $10. The time before that was also at Walmart for 3DS games on clearance for a couple bucks. 

So basically whenever Walmart had dirt cheap games lol

Nice prices. Guess I need to make a better habit of checking walmart's clearance sections.

• 4 months later...