IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think Wednesday's are his weird days based on his "skinny stories" that he would post. 

His weird days, ya.  And the Devil sometimes has evil days.  Also, there's this one guy, goes by the name of Fabio-Don-Juan-Cassanova who sometimes gets into a romantic kinda mood...

P.s. Skinny's Stories REALLY need to make a come back around here sometime soon! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PII said:

His weird days, ya.  And the Devil sometimes has evil days.  Also, there's this one guy, goes by the name of Fabio-Don-Juan-Cassanova who sometimes gets into a romantic kinda mood...

P.s. Skinny's Stories REALLY need to make a come back around here sometime soon! 😉 

Well, now that he's done half-assing the tournament, maybe he can get back to half-assing his stories 😆

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You can't scrap the full screen rule or you could literally find pictures on the internet of just the screen - or even crop pictures - and pass them off as your own scores.  The rule is very important, but since it's obvious from your photos that it is your pc running in the background (which is the whole purpose of the rule to begin with), I'd say that it is sufficient in this case to follow precedent and your score would go through...

The contest at this point is more akin to a small league of people who all know each other and post the same damn tvs and computers every week. Also, despite all your paranoia on the subject, no one is cheating an nes competition with nothing on the line but pride. Especially this one. That rule would suffice as a mere guideline at this point 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

VGS doesn't have a time.  NA had the clock in the corner to give "NA Time" that everyone could see regardless of time zone.  Unless @Gloves plans to add that feature to VGS, then there likely won't be any nice, standard way to know what time the rounds end.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Check the top left corner of your screen... 😉

Fun fact there is a clock on VGS too, but it's only in the dark theme desktop version (hence why wiz probably has never seen it if he uses light mode). EDIT: I checked light mode and apparently it is there now. It didn't use to be though.

Anyway, I'm glad I get to stay undefeated in the puzzle game. Even bert's update was still a couple thousand short.

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

The contest at this point is more akin to a small league of people who all know each other and post the same damn tvs and computers every week. Also, despite all your paranoia on the subject, no one is cheating an nes competition with nothing on the line but pride. Especially this one. That rule would suffice as a mere guideline at this point 

Yeah, that's my point, Wiz has posted with the same monitor and stuff on his screen for months, just like the rest of us have, so the rule he technically didn't follow has actually been followed in the sense that he's working within the guidelines of what the rule was designed to prevent in the first place...

Wow, that was convoluted, but hopefully you see my point 🙂

3 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Fun fact there is a clock on VGS too, but it's only in the dark theme desktop version (hence why wiz probably has never seen it if he uses light mode). EDIT: I checked light mode and apparently it is there now. It didn't use to be though.

Anyway, I'm glad I get to stay undefeated in the puzzle game. Even bert's update was still a couple thousand short.

The clock is there in light mode, but it is static rather than running live like the one on NA used to, so you actually have to refresh the page to update the time if you've been in the same place for a while...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, that's my point, Wiz has posted with the same monitor and stuff on his screen for months, just like the rest of us have, so the rule he technically didn't follow has actually been followed in the sense that he's working within the guidelines of what the rule was designed to prevent in the first place...

Wow, that was convoluted, but hopefully you see my point 🙂

@NESfiend is a lawyer. He should be used to having to make sense of convoluted situations.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The clock is there in light mode, but it is static rather than running live like the one on NA used to, so you actually have to refresh the page to update the time if you've been in the same place for a while...

I don't have a clock, but I'm on the mobile site since I don't own a computer either.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
18 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

VGS doesn't have a time.  NA had the clock in the corner to give "NA Time" that everyone could see regardless of time zone.  Unless @Gloves plans to add that feature to VGS, then there likely won't be any nice, standard way to know what time the rounds end.

VGS does have a time, it's EST. You can see it on desktop:

image.png

6 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Let's be real...had I been playing directly against you, all bets were off.  I honestly didn't expect Bert to come in and beat my score, and the fact that he popped in slightly late, but had he posted it earlier I may have actually tried.  I just didn't wanna play through it again unless I absolutely had to 😛

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Let's be real...had I been playing directly against you, all bets were off.  I honestly didn't expect Bert to come in and beat my score, and the fact that he popped in slightly late, but had he posted it earlier I may have actually tried.  I just didn't wanna play through it again unless I absolutely had to 😛

I don't think I would have picked a puzzle game even if I was guaranteed to win. It's just not worth it. Those things are awful.

• Eyeroll 1

You know this thing is exciting when this is the latest @Bearcat-Doughas been up on a sunday all season.  I cant decide if I should post my first golf score. Ive already given away that I like the game, but I also gave @Jeevana lot of shit for sitting on scores. Jeeves, your thoughts at this juncture in the competition?

Just now, NESfiend said:

You know this thing is exciting when this is the latest @Bearcat-Doughas been up on a sunday all season.  I cant decide if I should post my first golf score. Ive already given away that I like the game, but I also gave @Jeevana lot of shit for sitting on scores. Jeeves, your thoughts at this juncture in the competition?

You've already got a Golf score 😲   If she keeps the 1 v 1 for Round 2, your opponent is going to be just as dead in the water as deafcode's opponent was in Round 1.... Damn!

Just now, NESfiend said:

I was watching the Browns/Ravens game and this was more entertaining. I say go ahead and post your Golf score. I'll get a Soccer score up sometime tomorrow to get it out of the way.

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Perhaps a one-day playoff of a random game?  We both have one day to put the best score up in a game of the peanut gallery's choosing.  Might be the fairest choice, but then it puts off the actual bracketing (although scores could technically still be earned).  Also ends up giving whichever one wins a one-day handicap on the round of 8.

Well, for what its worth, no bracket played the Ninja-whatever game.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You've already got a Golf score 😲   If she keeps the 1 v 1 for Round 2, your opponent is going to be just as dead in the water as deafcode's opponent was in Round 1.... Damn!

I said my first score. Not a monster, but nothing to scoff at sunday night either. I will honor jeeves call on posting it, douglas. I really should be playing soccer and tennis, but cant help myself. I may end up way in the negative on those and waste a great golf round.