Jump to content
IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools


BeaIank
 Share

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

One separate comment: I personally don't think that we should change the weekly deadline, especially given this week's confusion.

A week is still a week no matter what.  We all have busy lives.  Just plan/play accordingly.

Plus, I can vouch that living in the west is not necessarily a disadvantage (I lived in Arizona when I participated).

Hey, I agreed years ago, but I'm a professional procrastinator.  Sunday night at 8 really becomes Sunday at 4. Dinner at 5, maybe watch a movie, kids to bed at 8, get some action from the wife and to bed around 10.  No time to play.  But, if my midnight was the deadline, I could put the kids to bed at 8, put the wife to bed, and then get in some last minute gaming before midnight.

Either way, a week is a week yes, but a midnight deadline with a 3am for east coasters would only give everyone more time on the back end.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Unless it’s not and I’m holding a score 5 points higher. By holding mine I don’t give you the incentive to try and top my beatable score.

Then it wasn't good enough to win. If I post a score on a Monday, Wednesday or whatever that I'm sticking with because it's the best I can do or I chose not to play again you were going to beat me either way if you have a better score.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Hey, I agreed years ago, but I'm a professional procrastinator.  Sunday night at 8 really becomes Sunday at 4. Dinner at 5, maybe watch a movie, kids to bed at 8, get some action from the wife and to bed around 10.  No time to play.  But, if my midnight was the deadline, I could put the kids to bed at 8, put the wife to bed, and then get in some last minute gaming before midnight.

Either way, a week is a week yes, but a midnight deadline with a 3am for east coasters would only give everyone more time on the back end.

You being a procrastinator sounds like an individual issue. You want a few extra hours that works to your specific schedule so lets add some more in the middle of the night that likely no one in the eastern time zone will use, but it gives you extra time that you find convenient. You already have 7 full days to get a score. If that somehow isnt enough time, I fail to see how an extra 3 hours is going to make difference. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Then it wasn't good enough to win. If I post a score on a Monday, Wednesday or whatever that I'm sticking with because it's the best I can do or I chose not to play again you were going to beat me either way if you have a better score.

Your trying to tell me if you put up 100 on Wednesday, what you think is your absolute best and I put up 105 on Thursday, you wouldn’t try again?

4D7464A0-2ED6-44D3-A0D0-96AD7F994A39.gif

Edited by docile tapeworm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Um, where did you get that I was quitting?  I haven't even begun to quit!

I thought you got fed up with the drama and said your going to focus on your personal life. I agree with your time situation a bit. While some of us have the luxury of posting at a relaxed time of 11pm you have to be done by 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Don't get married or have kids and you can do whatever you want. It's like the Konami code for more free time! 😂

Dont get me started or I’ll pull pictures of finley out of my wallet. Wouldn’t trade if for anything….I’m about to go give her the rock bottom right now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You being a procrastinator sounds like an individual issue. You want a few extra hours that works to your specific schedule so lets add some more in the middle of the night that likely no one in the eastern time zone will use, but it gives you extra time that you find convenient. You already have 7 full days to get a score. If that somehow isnt enough time, I fail to see how an extra 3 hours is going to make difference. 

Holy shit!  My specific schedule?  Forget I said anything.  I'll go back to posting my score and that'll be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

Holy shit!  My specific schedule?  Forget I said anything.  I'll go back to posting my score and that'll be it.

Dont let doug discourage you. I for one was very impressed with your schedule. Banging your wife, exiting, and grabbing some NES time? Pretty baller move

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...