IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I honestly hope that I win my first game so I can get back to it whenever I decide that my Golf game has peaked.

Yeah, I plan on doing Tennis and Soccer this evening after football, just to get it over with.  This is assuming neither one of us gets blindsided at the last moment by our Round 1 adversaries...

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, I plan on doing Tennis and Soccer this evening after football, just to get it over with.  This is assuming neither one of us gets blindsided at the last moment by our Round 1 adversaries...

I want to watch the Sunday Night Football game so I'll probably start tomorrow morning after I know that I've made it for sure.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I will be lucky to get 1 point out of Soccer. Scoring a goal on level 5 is borderline impossible. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That's only half the battle: you also have to worry about not getting scored on by the CPU...

I don't have much trouble at all on defense, I'm just lucky if I can score more than once. Tennis is easier, but it's tedious even if you win all 12 games in a row.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Not gonna lie, I'm probably not even gonna play Tennis.  If the only way to score is to play perfectly, there's no way I'm gonna get a score anyway.  Gonna have to play the shit out of Golf and maybe get a couple points out of soccer.

A valid strategy. You can compensate for the 2 points in Tennis with a good goal lead in Soccer.

Happy with the game choice as I had never heard of it and it was a nice change of pace from the NES library.

I wish I could have put up a better score. I find it sad I didn't even beat that many levels, but I was far too inconsistent to get anything going. I think I needed to better time the "slow" balloons and prioritize the faster moving ones, I'm not sure. Maybe I was too hard on myself trying to get every level "perfect" and resetting so frequently just made it worse rather than trying to play it out. I really did want to put up a better score.

Good luck @Dr. Morbis in the next round. You're a video game ass kicking machine topping the 1 Million mark.

sf8w799.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Happy with the game choice as I had never heard of it and it was a nice change of pace from the NES library.

I wish I could have put up a better score. I find it sad I didn't even beat that many levels, but I was far too inconsistent to get anything going. I think I needed to better time the "slow" balloons and prioritize the faster moving ones, I'm not sure. Maybe I was too hard on myself trying to get every level "perfect" and resetting so frequently just made it worse rather than trying to play it out. I really did want to put up a better score.

Good luck @Dr. Morbis in the next round. You're a video game ass kicking machine topping the 1 Million mark.

sf8w799.jpg

Thanks, man.  I don't know if you are aware, but you need to get some secret power ups to be able to even compete in the Famicom version.  I spent like 30 minutes trying to get the unlimited meat power up the first time, and that changes the game completely.  Anyway, thanks for participating in the tourney 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Thanks, man.  I don't know if you are aware, but you need to get some secret power ups to be able to even compete in the Famicom version.  I spent like 30 minutes trying to get the unlimited meat power up the first time, and that changes the game completely.  Anyway, thanks for participating in the tourney 🙂

I'll second that.  @Mega Tank, that's a pretty respectable score, comparable to my best runs...although I also didn't know about the power ups and stuff.  They're definitely a game changer.  Without using them, your score is pretty damn solid.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

A power up? What in the world? How much time is left on the clock?!  I'm kidding. How do you unlock it?

20 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@Krunch: Deadline is 8pm our time, so less than half an hour!

Thanks I been grindin out, didnt do super great on the whole but it might not be too bad a score.  I literally just acheived this like less than 5 minutes ago and it was my best.  I didn't come close to beating it really (but got farther than this on lesser runs).   This game's a point feast!

• Like 1