IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted

flynn rider mind blown GIF

While nothing is perfect, and the staff are doing this free of charge, and on their own time, I understand your frustrations.  luckily for me I don't have to do weekly contests, but with all the thought that has gone into this we should probably just say thank you @BeaIank and if you have any real issues, they should be taken care of in private as opposed to being blasted where all can see.

• Like 1

Let's be clear.  I would be okay with winning on a technicality.  I would be okay with losing on another technicality. I'm not okay with a "leader" who would rather blow shit up completely and take an option that was literally unfathomable in it's stupidity than to make a ruling one way or another and do the damn job.  If that's how shit's gonna be run, I'll have no part in it, simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

flynn rider mind blown GIF

While nothing is perfect, and the staff are doing this free of charge, and on their own time, I understand your frustrations.  luckily for me I don't have to do weekly contests, but with all the thought that has gone into this we should probably just say thank you @BeaIank and if you have any real issues, they should be taken care of in private as opposed to being blasted where all can see.

I understand all that, but if it's too much, the reins should be passed on.  I'm not hating on Bea personally, she's been one of my favourite members for a long time and will continue to be one.  But man, the competition is supposed to be FUN.  People aren't supposed to gripe about how shitty the rules are, how the games suck, etc.  And that has happened in almost every goddamn week.  I'm no longer having fun with this competition, if I even was having any to begin with...that kinda got muddied as well.

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I understand all that, but if it's too much, the reins should be passed on.  I'm not hating on Bea personally, she's been one of my favourite members for a long time and will continue to be one.  But man, the competition is supposed to be FUN.  People aren't supposed to gripe about how shitty the rules are, how the games suck, etc.  And that has happened in almost every goddamn week.  I'm no longer having fun with this competition, if I even was having any to begin with...that kinda got muddied as well.

fair, but there is only so much you can do with nes games nowadays lol.  I think her introducing famicom was a good move this year.  so I get it, stop being grumpy old timers!!!!!

I blame @Bearcat-Doug for everything that has happened this year, even if it didn't relate to VGS

11 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Wow. The problem is this IS a fun competition, not the mlb that you seem to expect. All the "evil" stuff ends up being good. Round 1 famicom, we all bitched, but everyone liked it. Blackbox sports for round 2 is "evil." Actually, again, its fucking awesome. The time change thing was funny last week when it was all bets off anyway. Of you didnt play then OR read the rules this week, I dont have much sympathy. But the decision was nice to and bert. And now letting everyone back in, "evil" is actually fun. You dont hear the people who won without controversy bitching. Not sure why you would be

Edited by NESfiend

Just now, Jeevan said:

fair, but there is only so much you can do with nes games nowadays lol.  I think her introducing famicom was a good move this year.  so I get it, stop being grumpy old timers!!!!!

I blame @Bearcat-Doug for everything that has happened this year, even if it didn't relate to VGS

Then I pass the blame on to @docile tapeworm. He's a bad influence!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Wow. The problem is this IS a fun competition, not the mlb that you seem to expect. All the "evil" stuff ends up being good. Round 1 famicom, we all bitched, but everyone liked it. Blackbox sports for round 2 is "evil." Actually, again, its fucking awesome. The time change thing was funny last week when it was all bets off anyway. Of you didnt play then OR read the rules this week, I dont have much sympathy. But the decision was nice to and bert. And now letting everyone back in, "evil" is actually fun. You dont hear the people who won without controversy bitching. Not sure why you would be

How many games have there been this year where people were excited to play, saw the rules, and said fuck it?  That's not fun man.

EDIT: And to that point, how many times have rules had to be changed or implemented on the fly because something that could've been figured out with 5 minutes of research hadn't been factored in?  I get that we get busy and this is on her time, but if she can't handle it, get someone who can.

Edited by the_wizard_666

Just now, mbd39 said:

On the bright side, you would have won if it was a high score contest.

6 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

How many games have there been this year where people were excited to play, saw the rules, and said fuck it?  That's not fun man.

EDIT: And to that point, how many times have rules had to be changed or implemented on the fly because something that could've been figured out with 5 minutes of research hadn't been factored in?  I get that we get busy and this is on her time, but if she can't handle it, get someone who can.

Most NES games take some work before they get "fun." Of course there are going to be games on the schedule that some people write off. Doesnt make them bad games. And I dont want to play double dragon or battletoads every week. Its way more fun having games that are new and different. Of course some will bitch about certain games and some will take weeks off. Its a long season and people have lives and not everyone will like every game. 

As for the rules stuff, again, its an NES competition, so who freaking cares. She and @guillavoiegive there time for free. If something pops up, ok cool, we deal with it. Not a big deal. And as for people complaining, there is a lot more complaining about stupid shit like this gracious ruling than there is about game selection. The vast majority of those complaints come from 2 people

21 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

If my PM box and private off-site communications are any indication, there's far more than two people complaining.  There's just far fewer with the stones to rock the boat.

Hard to argue with records I dont have access to. I will say Im not sure it takes a lot of "stones" to complain on a vintage videogame website where most dont people dont know anyone else in person. Theres certainly an argument it doesnt make sense to complain about volunteer mods, but lack of "stones" to do so? On here? Come on. If essentially anonymous bitching puts your mystery friends on edge, Im not sure how they manage to navigate the real world. 

• Eyeroll 1