IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You're putting yourself in the same league as a guy who spent ten months talking up the importance of the tournament and then laid a 12k egg when it came time to actually play the games...... not where you want to be standing............. 😉

Yeah, you have a point there.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You're putting yourself in the same league as a guy who spent ten months talking up the importance of the tournament and then laid a 12k egg when it came time to actually play the games...... not where you want to be standing............. 😉

the game was too hard.

• Haha 1

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

Did it not get recorded as a valid score before he resubmitted?

She takes the final score posted at the deadline, not the fifty thousand interim updates, and regardless, if she's going to follow precedent like any normal adjudicator would, Wiz's score is the one that will go through...

14 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

All this confusion has distracted from the real round 1 story. @NESfiendvests @PIIin a rad racer style game. Does not make up for my pro am 2 loss (generally prefer top down), but it sure is sweet. 

Ya got me this time Buddy.  I had some rough luck this week.  I don't think I've ever uttered the phrase: "GET GOIN' YOU SON-OV-A-BITCH!!" so many times in one week before.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Unless you mean his earlier lower score, but he wiped that one to submit the current one... he didn't leave it up...

The record is kept on @0xDEAFC0DE's unofficial bracket though, so while the pic isn't there anymore, the score could still stand.  Also, a lot of sites allow admins to see a log of edits, so it may still exist on the server.

Anyway, as mentioned, the precedent says that my score should count, and the updated score should not.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think he's being downgraded to passive tapeworm.

Actually, his current username fits pretty well: you can't get much more docile at Challenger than twelve thousand points.  But at that point, my question is why did he even bother to waste his time upgrading from the 200 point score?!?

• Haha 1

Let's be real though, even if I go through, I'm likely not making it past the next round anyway, so I don't particularly care one way or another. It's just something that is gonna stick in my craw if I'm DQ'd for an image that would've been accepted any other time throughout the competition.

Still gonna play Golf though...fucking love that game.

Actually, his current username fits pretty well: you can't get much more docile at Challenger than twelve thousand points.  But at that point, my question is why did he even bother to waste his time upgrading from the 200 point score?!?

To give the illusion of trying? Don't ask me to try and get into skinny's head. That's got to be a scary place.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Let's be real though, even if I go through, I'm likely not making it past the next round anyway, so I don't particularly care one way or another. It's just something that is gonna stick in my craw if I'm DQ'd for an image that would've been accepted any other time throughout the competition.

Still gonna play Golf though...fucking love that game.

One solution would be to allow you both through and make the next round the top 4 scores out of 9 players advance to the final round... just spit-balling here....

EDIT: or make you both eliminated and have top 4 scores go through out of 7 players

Edited by Dr. Morbis

How the hell did you guys get 400k points? The train stage was bearable but the second area with the houses? Wtf? I tried going in the houses, nothing, I tried walking around everywhere but there was a skeleton in the way, I looked for some other obvious point of interest until I ran out of time.

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

How the hell did you guys get 400k points? The train stage was bearable but the second area with the houses? Wtf? I tried going in the houses, nothing, I tried walking around everywhere but there was a skeleton in the way, I looked for some other obvious point of interest until I ran out of time.

You get a 100k bonus if you get in and out of the caves fast enough. The items that drop are 10k each. There are a bunch of ways to get points.