IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and GENTLEMEN! Be prepared for ACTION, for the pools phase of our highly expected tournament starts NOW!

The brackets and game picks are:

@Dr. Morbis vs @Mega Tank - Pooyan
@NESfiend vs @Ausden - Chase HQ
@PII vs @FireHazard51 - Chase HQ
@0xDEAFC0DE vs @MegaMan52 - Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken
@mbd39 vs @JamesRobot - Pooyan
@bertsampson vs @the_wizard_666 - Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken
@Krunch vs @docile tapeworm - Challenger
@Jeevan vs @Bearcat-Doug Challenger 

The rules for the games are as follow:

Pooyan:

• Play till game over
  • Highest score wins.

Chase HQ:

• One life only. You may not use any continues.
  • Highest score wins
  • If you beat stage 7, take your picture at the capture screen

Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken:

• Play till game over
  • Highest score wins
  • If you make to world 8, stage 8, take your picture right before you finish it.

Challenger:

• Start at the default difficulty setting
  • 1 life only
  • Highest score wins
  • If you roll the score, take a picture before rolling it.
  • Score rolls at 6,553,500 points
  • You can loop the game as many times as you desire.

You may begin competing to see who will advance to the top 8.
Game on!

The pools phase ends Sunday, 11/28/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

Kero Kero Keroppi no Daibouken:

• Play till game over
  • Highest score wins
  • If you make to world 8, stage 8, take your picture right before you finish it.

To be clear, can we finish it and then take the picture right after the bonus points are added? Or should we just take the picture before completing the last level?

Events Team · Posted
Just now, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

To be clear, can we finish it and then take the picture right after the bonus points are added? Or should we just take the picture before completing the last level?

You must take your picture before completing the last level.

Events Helper · Posted
24 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've figured out how to get past the skeletons now. If I can manage to clear one loop, I might do okay at this after all.

don't worry, I didn't get passed the train either when I tried it to see what it was like.  in fact I haven't played it since then.  looks rough in a video though.  lots of rng monster movement with no way to kill some without random power ups

Just now, Jeevan said:

don't worry, I didn't get passed the train either when I tried it to see what it was like.  in fact I haven't played it since then.  looks rough in a video though.  lots of rng monster movement with no way to kill some without random power ups

The second part with the caves is a huge maze given that stage 4 is just a single screen. 

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

is that score after just the train?

No, I wandered around killing things for points on stage 2 because I couldn't figure out how to kill the skeletons before the time ran out. The jumping in the caves is fairly difficult so that's the next thing I've got to get the hang of.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No, I wandered around killing things for points on stage 2 until the time ran out because I couldn't figure out how to kill the skeletons. The jumping in the caves is fairly difficult so that's the next thing I've got to get the hang of.

gotcha, just wondered.  not sure u will have much of a fight as I was banking on pooyan, but I'll give it the old college try.