IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted
6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

You know this thing is exciting when this is the latest @Bearcat-Doughas been up on a sunday all season.  I cant decide if I should post my first golf score. Ive already given away that I like the game, but I also gave @Jeevana lot of shit for sitting on scores. Jeeves, your thoughts at this juncture in the competition?

I mean, if I would have held my score, I prolly would be playing this week.....so there is that.

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I said my first score. Not a monster, but nothing to scoff at sunday night either. I will honor jeeves call on posting it, douglas. I really should be playing soccer and tennis, but cant help myself. I may end up way in the negative on those and waste a great golf round. 

I'll probably try to knock out Soccer and Tennis today since a perfect game of Tennis is only worth 2 points and if I can get two points out of Soccer it will be a miracle. If I can get 10 or more out of Golf, I'm hoping that's enough since I doubt I'll hit the -18+ scores that have won previous contests.

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

The hell went on while I was sleeping? FFS!

I will deal with this mess after my morning work meetings.

The TL;DR version is that bert posted his score 7 minutes late and when that was mentioned, he pointed out that only 93% of Wiz's monitor is in his picture (even though it's been that way all season) when the rules state that the entire screen must be included. Then four more pages of debate, nonsense and making fun of skinny followed.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Were the scores close? Maybe I got them confused. At least now you get to experience the excitement of playing 12 straight games of Tennis for a massive 2 points. I actually had more fun playing Soccer.  

James got 134k and I got 258k. I would have been knocked out had I been playing against Dr. Morbis.

Events Team · Posted

I am getting too fucking old for this shit.

OK, so I have read it all, there is no fucking way to fix it in a way that will be fair to everyone, nor I have lots of time today to figure a better way, so fuck this, screw the initial plans, every fucking one advances, winners of pools round 1 get a 2 point advantage in their score for pools round 2.
Top 8 no longer exists and it will be 4 best scores advance.

Deal? Even if it isn't deal, it is how it will be.
I will post the final standings of pools round 1 tonight and who carries the 2 points advantage to pools round 2.

Eff this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

OK, so I have read it all, there is no fucking way to fix it in a way that will be fair to everyone, nor I have lots of time today to figure a better way, so fuck this, screw the initial plans, every fucking one advances, winners of pools round 1 get a 2 point advantage in their score for pools round 2.

I will post the final standings of pools round 1 tonight and who carries the 2 points advantage to pools round 2.

Eff this.

This is gonna be wild!

On Fire GIF

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Eff this.

Wait what? I'm still in?

Events Team · Posted

Also, the whole Brasilia time (GMT -3 hours) is because people bickered that there is no such thing as VGS time, I got pissed and put in a more convenient ending time for myself there as a punishment.
A punishment that got worse thanks to DST. Be happy we don't observe it here anymore or you wouldn't have lost one hour to post, you would have lost two hours.

I will reconsider going back to EST next year. Reconsider.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Eff this.

This is your "solution" to the problem?  Basically making last week a waste of everyone's time? That's literally the stupidest idea in the history of competition.  Furthermore...

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

Also, the whole Brasilia time (GMT -3 hours) is because people bickered that there is no such thing as VGS time, I got pissed and put in a more convenient ending time for myself there as a punishment.
A punishment that got worse thanks to DST. Be happy we don't observe it here anymore or you wouldn't have lost one hour to post, you would have lost two hours.

I will reconsider going back to EST next year. Reconsider.

This post, along with plenty of your statements throughout, have made me realize that to you, this competition is more about punishing players with arbitrary changes, asinine rulesets, and inconsistent decision making, rather than a friendly competition among friends.  As such, here's my solution - I rescind my entry and am out of round two.  You can either put Bert back in as a round of 8, or you can do a fresh round as your "solution" entails, but either way, I can't justify competing when the leadership couldn't be arsed to give enough of a shit to do their job properly.

• Eyeroll 1