IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

How is it not valid?  I submitted it per the rules.

Oh shit: you're both out on technicalities!!!!!!!!

"The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted. "

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Oh shit: you're both out on technicalities!!!!!!!!

"The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted. "

And yet I submit exactly the same way every round of the contest and nobody's said shit.  And nobody mentioned anything in the several days since I posted it?  Talk about lame...

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

You and @Bearcat-Dougneed to read the rules on top 8 page. You aren't playing against anyone. Next round, top 4 scores move on. It isnt head to head

No she posted earlier when Doug asked the same question and she said it was still 1 v 1, she just wouldn't put up the matchups until this round was over...

• Thanks 1

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

And yet I submit exactly the same way every round of the contest and nobody's said shit.  And nobody mentioned anything in the several days since I posted it?  Talk about lame...

Yeah, this is a sticky situation now; I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make this decision...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, this is a sticky situation now; I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make this decision...

I hear that.  I mean, if it was ruled invalid, at least half my scores through the competition would also be invalid, making my participation in this round a mistake.  Not to mention that it should've been mentioned several days ago when I posted it rather than after it's too late to do anything about it. 

All this confusion has distracted from the real round 1 story. @NESfiendvests @PIIin a rad racer style game. Does not make up for my pro am 2 loss (generally prefer top down), but it sure is sweet. 

All this confusion and she may have already gone to bed, so it won't get sorted out for hours...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I kind of agree. I used to be crazy about the whole tv being in it, but so many 90% shots ate routinely accepted, I stopped sweating it. Id say in absence of bert score discrepancy situation, most would say wiz score counts. 

As for berts, tougher. I made the same mistake last week with no brazil dst. Easy to give it up with nothing on the line. I dont know on that

I kind of agree. I used to be crazy about the whole tv being in it, but so many 90% shots ate routinely accepted, I stopped sweating it. Id say in absence of bert score discrepancy situation, most would say wiz score counts. 

As for berts, tougher. I made the same mistake last week with no brazil dst. Easy to give it up with nothing on the line. I dont know on that

Yeah, as per precedence: recent scores by @the_wizard_666 with partial screens have been accepted, and recent scores minutes past the deadline have not been accepted, for whatever that's worth...

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Assuming I play a full season. Just like @docile tapeworm, I'm getting too old for that grind!

You're putting yourself in the same league as a guy who spent ten months talking up the importance of the tournament and then laid a 12k egg when it came time to actually play the games...... not where you want to be standing............. 😉