IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I think wiz and bert both getting hosed no matter how it goes down

Either one of them gets hosed, or if they both go through, the rest of us get hosed because our chances of advancing to the final go down from 50% to something less than that.  So someone's getting screwed no matter what is decided...

Like I said, I'm glad I'm not the one who has to deal with this mess... 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

One solution would be to allow you both through and make the next round the top 4 scores out of 9 players advance to the final round... just spit-balling here....

EDIT: or make you both eliminated and have top 4 scores go through out of 7 players

Another option would be to allow me to redo my score.  Disqualify his second score for the time thing, but give me a chance to put up a score to beat his.  Although that would mean I'd only have to get to like level 4 or so, and likely wouldn't be a good solution either.

Perhaps a one-day playoff of a random game?  We both have one day to put the best score up in a game of the peanut gallery's choosing.  Might be the fairest choice, but then it puts off the actual bracketing (although scores could technically still be earned).  Also ends up giving whichever one wins a one-day handicap on the round of 8.

Let's just say there's no good solution...but the easiest would be to apply the precedents in place, and either be more strict in the future or scrap the rule.

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

I love how wampsons just drops a turd and leaves lol I think he set it up.

I love how the only time anyone ever mentioned that is when it was the difference between advancing or elimination.  Like "Oh, my score doesn't count?  Well neither does his."  If mine is disqualified, I'm okay with that, but it shouldn't have been brought up as a Hail Mary out of nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Let's just say there's no good solution...but the easiest would be to apply the precedents in place, and either be more strict in the future or scrap the rule.

You can't scrap the full screen rule or you could literally find pictures on the internet of just the screen - or even crop pictures - and pass them off as your own scores.  The rule is very important, but since it's obvious from your photos that it is your pc running in the background (which is the whole purpose of the rule to begin with), I'd say that it is sufficient in this case to follow precedent and your score would go through...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, it should just be VGS time... but hey, I'm not the one running this thing and I know like 99% of you guys live in Brasilia 😛

VGS doesn't have a time.  NA had the clock in the corner to give "NA Time" that everyone could see regardless of time zone.  Unless @Gloves plans to add that feature to VGS, then there likely won't be any nice, standard way to know what time the rounds end.

5 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I love how the only time anyone ever mentioned that is when it was the difference between advancing or elimination.  Like "Oh, my score doesn't count?  Well neither does his."  If mine is disqualified, I'm okay with that, but it shouldn't have been brought up as a Hail Mary out of nowhere. 

It's like when a hockey team calls for a stick measurement late in the third period when they're down by one goal....

• Like 1

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

VGS doesn't have a time.  NA had the clock in the corner to give "NA Time" that everyone could see regardless of time zone.  Unless @Gloves plans to add that feature to VGS, then there likely won't be any nice, standard way to know what time the rounds end.

Check the top left corner of your screen... 😉