IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

Skinny's quiet.  I hope he's at Disney world and not at the TV.  Anyway my wife surprised me by getting me Pokemon Brilliant Diamond this morning, I just got her Pearl on friday, so im delaying until tomorrow, but jokes on skinny cause I'm gonna be able to get some time in at work this week

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Skinny's quiet.  I hope he's at Disney world and not at the TV.  Anyway my wife surprised me by getting me Pokemon Brilliant Diamond this morning, I just got her Pearl on friday, so im delaying until tomorrow, but jokes on skinny cause I'm gonna be able to get some time in at work this week

The Dolphins game is on so that may be keeping skinny away from the NES.

14 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Yeah, I think part of it is hardly anyone else here cares about most puzzle games, so I think I'm one of the few giving it my all when they come up. Whereas way more people enjoy Tetris and have been playing it for years.

Before bye weeks were added to the schedule, I would use the puzzle weeks to put up a quick participation score and take the rest of the week off.

52 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Dolphins game is on so that may be keeping skinny away from the NES.

Ahh this makes sense see im up in CFL land so I dont have this problem and anyway I'm around Edmonton and I heard the Elks only won like 1 game or something this year hahahah theyre pathetic

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Ahh this makes sense see im up in CFL land so I dont have this problem and anyway I'm around Edmonton and I heard the Elks only won like 1 game or something this year hahahah theyre pathetic

I'm busy watching football too. I'm giving @Jeevan a chance to catch up since I figure to be tied up most of the week.  

• Like 1

So Keroppi is pretty dang fun in all honesty, although it falls into the same trap as Kirby's Adventure for me - too easy to be fun for a long period, but too long to be fun to play through completely.  As it sits, my game is still in progress, so I'm not ready to submit, but I will say it's a grindy affair, with not much leeway to gain points - you either figure it out quickly or fail miserably.  Thankfully, I've figured it out pretty quickly 😛

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Weekly contest thread has no bounds. Skinny used to use it to tell stories about living on abandoned boats. We need to bring that back btw

I thought he got drunk and passed out in a boat with some random guy. Either way, we do need more information on these types of events.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I thought Tua would do a lot more damage against the nyj def. Starting him over herbert may cost me the week in snes league. 

Tua should have never been picked 5th overall and I can’t stand him. Lol

herbert is a stud! Passing on him for Tua is gonna sting for a long time as a Mia fan.

Edited by docile tapeworm

13 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

b is jump. 
magic the gathering table flip GIF

You are going to have so much fun with the cave sections! The jumping is Castlevania level stiff and you randomly die if you fall too far. Power ups kill you if you touch them and standing close to whales gives you energy. The entire game is like some weird combination of Zelda and Kid Icarus, but it's actually fun once you figure it out.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug