IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

2 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Wrong. Everyone is just obsessed with Herbert. As if he's be playing any better with the Dolphins.

But, if Herbert did play for the dolphins, would he be playing better than Tua? Yes.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

5v23og.jpg

I was hoping Miami would throw everything at Cincinnati to try and draft burrow.

6 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So Keroppi is pretty dang fun in all honesty, although it falls into the same trap as Kirby's Adventure for me - too easy to be fun for a long period, but too long to be fun to play through completely.  As it sits, my game is still in progress, so I'm not ready to submit, but I will say it's a grindy affair, with not much leeway to gain points - you either figure it out quickly or fail miserably.  Thankfully, I've figured it out pretty quickly 😛

I will say the more you look, the more places there are to scrape some more points.

The pineapple and lemon levels do eventually get hard(er) but it does take sometime to get there. 

3 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I will say the more you look, the more places there are to scrape some more points.

The pineapple and lemon levels do eventually get hard(er) but it does take sometime to get there. 

Yeah, I noticed the bulk of the points are coming out of the heart levels.  I also noticed a few of the levels getting a LOT harder by level 3 or so.  I could only imagine how tough the end game is.

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Oh its freaking awesome. Really tough though. Seems like a lot of the Japan only releases are. And interesting to play for points when upgrades cost points. Very fun 

I thought it was pretty good. I had the Game Gear version as a kid and that was even better from what I remember. 

Man, the sheer amount of planning I am putting into this game to try and maximize points...Keroppi is probably the easiest game of the bunch to play through, but completing the levels is far from enough to do it up.  @0xDEAFC0DE is right that there are ways to squeak a few more points out, but here's hoping that it's entirely unnecessary...

• Love 1

2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Man, the sheer amount of planning I am putting into this game to try and maximize points...Keroppi is probably the easiest game of the bunch to play through, but completing the levels is far from enough to do it up.  @0xDEAFC0DE is right that there are ways to squeak a few more points out, but here's hoping that it's entirely unnecessary...

For what it's worth I played Challenger for 12 hours yesterday.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't have put that much effort into it tbh.  @bertsampson left the pick up to me though, which means I need to put in a solid effort 😛

I knew I might not get another chance to play all week so I had to make the most of my time yesterday. You might be able to knock @bertsampson out in the first round. I don't think he's even posted a score since Dino Riki week.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I knew I might not get another chance to play all week so I had to make the most of my time yesterday. You might be able to knock @bertsampson out in the first round. I don't think he's even posted a score since Dino Riki week.

I fully expect him to post a score.  Why accept the invitation to the playoffs if you're not gonna partake.  I am hoping to sneak through though...and hoping beyond hope that round 2's opponent picks a game that I am absolutely pro at 😛

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

I fully expect him to post a score.  Why accept the invitation to the playoffs if you're not gonna partake.  I am hoping to sneak through though...and hoping beyond hope that round 2's opponent picks a game that I am absolutely pro at 😛

Same here. I'm just hoping to survive and advance.

IMG_20211122_221231.jpg.3067894a2ddfa3e1b4be84f4834782c1.jpg

Finally got around to performing the run that I planned yesterday. There may be a few places where I missed a couple points, but this should be pretty close to optimal (unless I missed some other way of getting more points). This was a lot of fun. 

And if anyone's curious it's 203,800 after 8-8's bonuses. 

Spoiler

IMG_20211122_221244.jpg.b934797e7b391558676bf0fac6d1859f.jpg

• Love 1

@NESfiend One hit away from making it to the next race for my opener.  I just presume you and I are having a loose, off-the-board competition this week in addition to our legitimate adversaries.  🙂 

So far for me this is like the fun of Rad Racer II Week and the Frustration of F-1 Race Week put together!

1 minute ago, PII said:

@NESfiend One hit away from making it to the next race for my opener.  I just presume you and I are having a loose, off-the-board competition this week in addition to our legitimate adversaries.  🙂 

So far for me this is like the fun of Rad Racer II Week and the Frustration of F-1 Race Week put together!

Very well put in that last sentence. Im game for the competition, but Im sure you will get me like you did rad racer 2. This thing is a bitch! I was getting further upgrading, but upgades aint cheap. Cant really peg a good strategy. Itll be fun trying though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

IMG_20211122_221231.jpg.3067894a2ddfa3e1b4be84f4834782c1.jpg

Finally got around to performing the run that I planned yesterday. There may be a few places where I missed a couple points, but this should be pretty close to optimal (unless I missed some other way of getting more points). This was a lot of fun. 

And if anyone's curious it's 203,800 after 8-8's bonuses. 

Hide contents

IMG_20211122_221244.jpg.b934797e7b391558676bf0fac6d1859f.jpg

I'm thinking my run is probably gonna be somewhat similar.  Who knows, maybe I'll even beat your score 😮

• Wow! 1